“Exceptional Customer Service!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Colorado
“Exceptional Customer Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I have never experienced such exceptional customer service before in a hotel, and that includes stays in a couple of five star locations abroad. From the moment I walked in I felt like people were looking out for me. Getting me an elevator, helping me make sure the reward points were correct, but Trinity was just amazing. After she helped us with our internet question, she asked if we'd seen the fireplace, walked us around the library, was obviously very excited about helping the guests experience the beauty of the hotel.
For some side information, the books were donated by the bookstore that used to occupy the space but is now on the street behind the hotel. Some of the wall art to the right, when you walk in, is also made of donated books. It was just beautiful.
I loved the old buildings out the window and took a lot of architecture pictures. Downtown Milwaukee has great old architecture. Not just new glass and steel modern boxes.
The room was comfortable, the bathroom good sized. We wanted for nothing. Thank you for a great stay!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the Downtown Milwaukee Marriott. First, the location was perfect, walking distance to all major attractions in the city. Very nicely decorated Lobby and the staff are very welcoming, friendly and extremely helpful.

The rooms are clean and comfortable and nicely decorated, we were facing the street but we took several pictures of the shabby buildings in the back ( that other reviews mentioned) through a window in the hallway because we found them pretty cool.

The restaurant in the hotel "Milwouke" was very nice, the service was excellent and the food was great. Great to go there even if you are not staying at the hotel. The breakfast buffet was pretty good.

FYI: didn't use the pool but did look at it and it was pretty small and there wasn't any hot tub but the fitness center was very nice and bigger than I would expect, if that makes any difference to anyone.

Definately will return.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Appleton, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Overall, the property was great. The room was nice, the restaurant was good, service was quality. If you have the opportunity request a room facing the street and not the shabby building on the back side. Had some issues with reservation but the issue was truly with the 1800 Marriott number. We will return.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

My stay at the Downtown Milwaukee Marriott was overall pleasant. I have never met a friendlier staff. It is very comfortable and well located.

However, my biggest gripe is with the mirror situation. I was trying to get ready for a big presentation at a conference, but there are no mirrors for such an endeavor. I was left putting on eye liner 3 feet from a mirror, trying to catch a glimpse of myself in the TV to see how i looked from the waist down. Come on, Marriott.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

very nice property and staff in hotel and in the resturant..I highly reccomend this hotel because its very nice new and clean..but the staff..,they are all so helpful and friendly enven with my unique request on my recent stay..good job team...esp Amanda P

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

This new property in downtown MKE is a great location. The building is brand new and it has lots of comfortable features. The concierge lounge is great; two rooms have the same "pull up a chair and stay awhile (downstairs public spaces and the 2nd floor lounge). Great gym. Good restaurant (no veggie options however!).

Room Tip: Check out the gym - great machines and not crowded.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

We stayed here for a concert at the the Rave, this would be my 2nd time in Milwaukee-

The hotel is new as it says-You pull up and's a valet type system for the car-My boyfriend did not want this so we used the garage across the street-
What's weird is that there is no ramp to wheel up your luggage, it's stairs-So being a small female it was a bit hard to carry luggage up or down the stairs-And that made me wonder what they do if someone is in a wheel chair...

The room was clean, views well...it's Milwaukee not France-I swear I smelled weed outside the hallway, not a big deal but it was weird-I have a feeling the cleaning staff aren't the best they could get-
I did notice that outside the doors are banged up pretty bad for being just opened-I assume it's from the maids, b/c every door had the black scuff marks on them-Just saying...little things add up to big things-

There is the Executive Lounge that has snacks and breakfast items-We went to it and it was nice but a little weird b/c the hotel worker just stood there and watched your every move-You can get wine or beer but it's a honesty policy where you jot down your room number and they charge you for it-
We just loaded up on Mountain Dew's, cheese and crackers-

The next morning we visited the same area for a mini breakfast and the person was still there standing, yet at least it was a bit busier so she had other people to watch-And the people that were on the floor we all business-I think we were the only ones not there for business-

It was a nice hotel but I did learn this city is a bit scary when the sun sets-I had no "education" on the rough streets of Milwaukee so if in the town cab it around, just be smart-

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Milwaukee Marriott Downtown? Share your experiences!