“New and aims to please” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #12 of 52 hotels in Milwaukee
“New and aims to please”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with our two boys at the end of July and it was great! The hotel very pretty and clean. The rooms are standard Marriott room but feel new. The staff tried to please at every turn. The only negative was the food at the restaurant was pretty average. Overall though a big thumbs up!

• Stayed July 2013

97 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Mount Pearl, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I've been travellign to Milwaukee for the past month and will continue for the next few months. I only stay at this hotel. The staff are great and friendly and accomodating. The food at teh restaurant is great, and so is the service. The rooms are great too. My only disappointment was with the pool - it's very small and shallow. Other than that, fantastic hotel!

Room Tip: Everyroom was great and quiet.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Pinecrest, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

The newness is nice and you see it everywhere: the building amenities, the staff, the rooms, etc. The downtown location is convenient as well. There are some drawback however. Yes Milwaukee has more cold days than hot ones, but during the summer days the comforters on the beds make it hot to sleep in, even with the AC turned to 69 degrees. The pillows are hard and bulky. Probably my biggest disappointment was the gym. For a new hotel I was expecting a well appointed and well lit fitness center. Instead, the gym in a windowless shapeless room that seems to have been more of an afterthought. I may go back to the Pfister which is just a block away.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Jeffrey H, General Manager at Milwaukee Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences the Milwaukee Marriott Downtown, I am very glad you found the new hotel to be well appointed with a service focus. Of course, I understand the new Marriott bedding package may not be for everyone, and would be more than happy to provide you our non-feather alternatives to both the pillow and comforter on your next visit. I also appreciate your comments about fitness center. As with all historical restorations some design features can be challenging, precluding the inclusion of windows in this case. While we do accommodate a larger than normal array of state of the art Life Fitness equipment, I do apologize we don't have a view. There are many hotel choices and we are delighted to have had you as a guest at the Milwaukee Marriott Downtown. I hope we can welcome you back again soon.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Its new so that's great. Very clean. Nice enough staff. Location convenient to freeway. Small and the view leaves much to be desired - I was looking at a parking structure, outside is empty looking office buildings. Also the pool is like a hot tin - a nice hot tub but still a hot tub. but it serves its purpose. I thought it was a bit overpriced.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for choosing the Milwaukee Marriott Downtown for your lodging needs here in Milwaukee. We were delighted to have you as our guest. While our downtown location does come with a city landscape, I hope you found the downtown location amenable and convenient to all the wonderful attractions, dining, and events Milwaukee has to offer. We hope to see you again on your next visit and thank you!
Manteno, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I loved the location of this property due to the fact we could walk to the 3rd ward for great shopping, dining and nightlife. It was also a quick drive to get back on the expressway. Comfy beds, clean rooms...what more do you need?

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Manchester, NH
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend I came to Milwaukee for a wedding this weekend. We arrived at the hotel at 1pm but were told our room wasn't ready. No worries I thought, we checked our bags and went out to grab a bite. Came back an hour later and the room still wasn't ready. I explained that we had a 4pm wedding and needed to get ready. The two lady's at the front desk said they had my number and would call when the room was ready. We sat in the lobby for another hour and watch multiple people check in. The website said guaranteed check in by 3pm. Still no phone call. Only when I said I needed to see a manager was the room amazingly available. Clearly Marriott doesn't need any of my future business.

By the way we missed the wedding.

• Stayed August 2013
Jeffrey H, General Manager at Milwaukee Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Milwaukee Marriot Downtown and for taking the time to share your experiences. Your opinions and comments are very important to us and allow us to continue improving the products and service we deliver. I apologize for the inconvenience caused by the delay at check-in. While I am grateful the manager was able to finally expedite your arrival, there clearly was a breakdown in communication on our part and I share your frustration. I assure you that this situation is not normal for the hotel and we do value your business. I hope we can discuss personally soon.
Rouse Hill, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I stayed here for work by myself over four nights. The hotel is extremely well finished and top class throughout, but it may not be for everyone.
On the plus side:
- Awesome downtown location, with access to the river, lake front, top restaurants and night-life.
- New hotel finished with a high attention to detail.
- Rooms are fabulous. Spacious, modern decore, beautiful beds and high quality bathrooms
- Attentive and friendly staff
- Vibrant evening bar scene
Less than positive:
- Lots of $$ extras. WiFi, Parking and plenty of tipping
- Laundry service only Monday to Friday
I had a great time once I warmed up to how the hotel works. The staff are very attentive (to the point where it's hard to find somewhere private in the lobby) and I personally would prefer to park my own car, but I'm looking forward to going back some day. I would recommend the Marriott Downtown in Milwaukee as more of a special occasion hotel than something for the regular business traveller.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Been to Milwaukee Marriott Downtown? Share your experiences!