“Fun Boutique Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 53 Hotels in Milwaukee
Oshkosh, WI
“Fun Boutique Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

We recently stayed here with some good friends because we were seeing a show at the Bradley Center. This is a very cool boutique hotel set in the old Pabst Brewery. Parking is either valet or across the street in a parking ramp. Ramp is much cheaper. The only thing I would say is that this hotel is in a very desolate area. You can tell that someday this area will be full of shops and restaurants, much like the Third Ward. It's a long way from that right now. Dining would be limited to the on site bar/restaurant. Service is good in there, drinks cheap and food good. We walked down to the Bradley Center and that wasn't bad. But....we couldn't get a taxi after the show so we had to walk back. It was well below zero (polar vortex anyone?) and the distance seemed pretty far. The area was not that great at night, but daytime walking was fine.

We had a studio king and the room was really nice, but a little on the small side. The kitchen in these rooms was perplexing to me. It took up a lot of space in an otherwise very small room. Room was decorated very well with lots of modern and quality furniture. Bathroom was a really good size and I liked the shower quality and toiletries were "green" and smelled great. Furnace was LOUD and clicked on and off quite often. The hotel itself was quiet and we didn't hear any outside noise. I really loved the style of this hotel. So, so cool. I think we paid $159.00 for a studio king, which seems pretty appropriate for Milwaukee.

Breakfast was very good with lots of choices and quantity items. There was Kringle (yay!), hard boiled eggs, fruit, bagels, pastries, etc. "B" in the breakfast area was so friendly and helpful. She is a great person to spread the word about this unique hotel. She made our group feel quite welcome and I wanted to give her a special shout out.

Bottom line: This place is cool, fun and very different from the other hotels we've stayed at in Milwaukee. Just be aware it's not very central to much. We want to try the Iron Horse next. Hopefully we'll get there for Summerfest this year!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Gino J, Manager at The Brewhouse Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Dear DKout:

Thank you so much for your valuable feedback. The Brewery neighborhood is seeing a transformation like no other and we are proud to be a part of this era in Milwaukee's rich history. As you mentioned, the Bradley center like many of Milwaukee's great attractions, are just blocks away from the hotel. The City of Milwaukee just recently approved an additional 100 Taxi licenses so we hope this helps our local visitors with getting quicker Taxi service in the future. Our Guest Services staff are also very knowledgeable about the local area and are happy to offer advice on other local transportation options, attractions or directions. If there is anything I can assist you with further, I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to contact me at gjorgensen@brewhousesuites.com.

We look forward to having you as our guest again.

Brewhouse Inn & Suites

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Circle Pines, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

We stayed at the Brewhouse Inn for one night. Fred was a gentleman and was welcoming when we arrived. Kelly was friendly and helpful when we realized the room didn't have hand soap. We enjoyed visiting w/Bea during breakfast. A few glitches...the staff and history of the building made it worthwhile.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear DKout:

Thank you so much for your valuable feedback. I am sorry to hear that your room did not have any hand soap. While this is uncharacteristic of us to overlook, I have addressed this with our Executive Housekeeper. I am happy to hear that our superb staff promptly resolved this for you and that you were able to enjoy the building's unique history and well-equipped, modern features. If there is anything I can assist you with further, I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to contact me at gjorgensen@brewhousesuites.com.

We look forward to having you as our guest again very soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with a few friends. We hsd a great time! The room was great! It was bigger than most hotels. It has an loft style feel to it. The staff was great. One of the managers Gino actually took the time to give a personal tour. Another employee Bee was very happy and willing to help with anything needed. She even offered to bring us coffee from the breakfast if we wanted. We also went to restaurant next to the hotel and it was very good and prices weren't that bad. I would stay here again and recommend it for anyone!

• Stayed January 2014
Dear Erica B:

Thank you so much for your valuable feedback. Our well-trained staff works very hard to ensure each of our guests has a wonderful and memorable experience. We appreciate your comments.

We look forward to seeing you as our guest again very soon.

Cornell, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

We loved the look, feel and luxury. Staff was great! Wish there was better/cheaper/closer parking. Room was clean, quiet and fully equipped. Furnace made some racket but was maybe working overtime in subzero weather.

• Stayed February 2014
Dear jjvsmad:

Thank you so much for your valuable feedback. We do offer Valet parking service which is available 24 hours/day and offers the convenience of in-out access and prompt delivery of your vehicle without having to self-park. Our Valet parking rate is very competitive in the downtown area. This polar vortex has certainly given us Wisconsin snow-birds a challenge or two and our heating system has been operating full-time as you can imagine. I do apologize for any noises you heard from your heating unit and have asked our Maintenance team to take a look into it. If you would like to discuss this further or when you are ready to make your next reservation, feel free to contact me directly. I'd love to hear from you. I can be reached at gjorgensen@brewhousesuites.com.

We look forward to seeing you as our guest again very soon.

Rockford, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

A few friends of mine from the Milwaukee area recommended this place to stay. And I was more than pleased with my experience. The room was a nice size. Very clean. One of the managers, Gino, even took the time to give us a tour of the old Papst Beer factory. A great place to stay with history you don't get from the chain hotels.

• Stayed February 2014
Baraboo, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Thank you for making my fiance's surprise 50th birthday celebration even more incredible. Kellie went out of her way to upgrade us and set up 2 complimentary local brews in the room. Love this place!!

Room Tip: Beautifully done hotel in the old PABST brewery. . . simply amazing attention to every detail. Ever...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

My wife and I stayed here a couple of weekends ago and we just absolutely enjoyed ourselves. Everything from the decor down to the staff. At the desk Theresa was all smiles and Adam seemed delighted to help us out with weekend activities(including local live music). We had a one bedroom with a king size bed. Immediately when we stepped out of our room we could see the kettles a few stories below us. Breathtaking. Most people have noted the amenities offered(which live up to the hype) so I'll save you the paragraph. Only thing I could note was it could use towel racks. Other than that the housekeeping does a great job making the hotel sparkle. From a true PBR consumer, I Love This Place.

Room Tip: Make sure you figure out how to park your car overnight, I think the parking structure across the st...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to The Brewhouse Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!