“Spacious & Comfy” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 52 hotels in Milwaukee
Sydney
“Spacious & Comfy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Stayed two nights when travelling through Milwaukee for work. Rooms were comfortable, quiet, and spacious. Staff were friendly. Free WiFi. Breakfast was decent. Would happily go back if I'm ever in the area again. Have no idea what was around the hotel (or the city more generally) as I was arriving and leaving quite late / early, so can't really comment on the location.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

135 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Apalachin, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

We followed the construction of The Brewhouse Inn and Suites on Facebook and were intrigued. On our visit to Milwaukee we narrowed our selection of Hotel down to The Pfister and The Brewhouse and ended up choosing the Brewhouse.
We loved the whole concept and believe that this could be an exciting trend. It comes down to this. If you like the History of Beer and like reclaimed industrial areas then this is a special place. The rooms are clean and very cool. They have a Steam punk theme. The Kettles on the 2nd floor are a great touch and we enjoyed the Beer commercials that were playing. The Bar/restaurant next door had Very good food and cold beer. They even have a very nice outdoor section. We really enjoyed it and the portions were big. It is pretty neat to have a PBR at the former Pabst brewery.
Bea the breakfast attendant was great, She was very friendly and seemed interested in our trip.
Areas that need IMPROVEMENT include, Customer service, it is almost non existent. Room #304 should not be given out when the bar/restaurant is open. The noise is unbearable. We were upgraded after being assured that the noise was a Saturday night only type of thing. They forgot about Sunday Night Football. As I stated we were upgraded to a very nice room but had to move our own bags. Valet parking worked well but was expensive, $26 a night. When we were checking out I came down for 2 cups of coffee and asked the front desk if he could send up a cart. I had 2 hot cups of coffee in my hand and did not think that asking for a cart was a major request. The Clerk first said, You need your car?, No I need a cart , I replied. He says well their is one right there, use that one. I explained that I have 2 cups of coffee in my hands. He pushed it to the elevator for me. My job was to get it out of the elevator and down the hallway. You can do better. This is a Hotel. not a condo community. Milwaukee is becoming a little more of a tourist stop these days, Stop being so surprised that people actually want to visit your city and not just a business stop over or in for a game. Overall the Hotel was a cool experience, if the customer service was better we would consider staying there again, but at this point we have seen it and would most likely stay downtown closer to the action and with better customer service. They did compensate us for our noisy room.

Room Tip: As far away from the bar area and construction as possible.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

We stayed at the Brewhouse for our wedding night. it was a nicely build room with a great view of downtown with a well placed balcony. vaulted ceilings look dramatic with the doors leading to the bedroom.
As traveling professionals, we must admit we did not find a good value in our selection.
We paid 350 for the night and found clean bathrooms with good towels, but the room had not been vacuumed. The central a/c was comfortable, but was quite noisy,cycling on and off, keeping us awake. The balcony had a nice touch, but had a terrible bee problem we returned inside after 5minutes. (yes, we noted the bee trap, signaling this is an on going problem.). the hotel keeps a bar restaurant, but provides no room service. (Unusual combination) The hotel seems to cater to extended stay guests regarding the kitchenette, but charges a monthly rate after a mere five days stay. the front desk noted upon check in there was a fruit basket to be delivered. (To my surprise) yet, we never received one. ( a let- down) the valet/ ambiguous doormen duties remain a mystery. they stand there and watch you struggle with the door and luggage. ( this leaves very little palm- greasing potential. )
We love the idea of the brewery hotel, support repurposing, and would like to see this hotel succeed. However, we are concerned there are some weaknesses in the way this property is managed. The establishment describes itself as a boutique hotel. we did not find any of the typical services which meet this description.

Room Tip: Go to the iron horse for that " special night"
Mechanicsburg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

The renovation if this former brewery is a great success. The rooms are very nice and new, with superior beds. I found the rooms to be quiet and well appointed. The shower supply of hot water was a bit inconsistent, but not a major inconvenience. The bar/restaurant on site serves good bar food, maybe a slightly above average grade. It is a very noisy place with any crowd in it.

The staff is generally good, but sometimes a bit inconsistent in how much attention they pay to customers. The breakfast is below average for the cost of the rooms, but it is free and you can get something to eat that is good enough.

The area itself is not in the downtown area. That is probably a good 5-6 long blocks away. That may be the one large disadvantage as there is nothing else close.

We had a small conference of about a dozen people. It went well, but I would not go above that amount, and it is really best for meetings of no more than 6 or so. There is one conference room on site and it has a glass wall, so if you are setting up that review of the latest round of equity funding, this might not be the best idea!

Overall, a nice place, nice concept, well executed.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

What an amazing place: A brewery transformed into a set of elegant hotel rooms complete with the remaining copper brew kettles as part of the decor.

It's a great concept and the entire interior design concept is described as steampunk, which I would say is quite accurate. The staff is very friendly and I particularly enjoyed chatting with them each morning on my way out.

There's a rather thorough complimentary breakfast and the entire area is going through an exciting transformation (new buildings abound, etc) so it's a neat place to stay for that reason as well.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Franklin, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

My husband and I live in Milwaukee, but wanted to stay downtown for a special night out. We chose The Brewhouse because of it's unique appeal and the photos online looked very intriguing. I was, however, a little skeptical of the location since it is around an industrial-type area.

Once we arrived, the staff treated us like first-rate guests. The decor was so original in it's own beautiful, hometown way. The front desk has a gorgeous brown glass mosaic design, but upon a closer view, it was actually made entirely out of beer bottles. The hotel kept the copper brew kettles that were used in the brewery, but don't get me wrong, they made it look so trendy and fun...I didn't think it could be possible.

The room was what sold us though. We entered our one bedroom suite and were stunned. The kitchen and living area was huge and the french doors that led to our bedroom had a glass design that looked like beer. Extremely unique, but trendy and tasteful at the same time. The room's exterior walls were made of Cream City brick. Although we were told that the hotel was at maximum capacity, we heard no noise outside our room.

We went to dinner at the hotel's restaurant, Jackson's Blue Ribbon Pub...delicious! And the portions were large!

We will definitely be returning to this unique gem. When all was said and done, the location wasn't a factor at all. Milwaukee is small enough that you can drive anywhere, or it's a short cab ride. We ended up using the hotel's valet with in-and-out privileges.

Overall, fabulous. I can't wait for a reason to stay here again. We will definitely send all of our out of town family and friends to The Brewhouse!

Eugene, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Every trip I take I try to find a unique story to write down for later memories. This hotel gave me that memory for this trip. The hotel is unique in it's own right. An old brewery re-vamped into a modern hotel, it doesn't get much more unique than that. It is also located in an area that you can feel history in every building you look at. The hotel, while pricey, is quite charming. Each room feels like a modern apartment and gives you a home away from home experience. The staff was extremely friendly, they even call after check in to make sure everything is ok. Parking can be tough, there is a parking garage I am told down the block, we valet parked our car for $26. There is also a pub and grill located on the premises that offered tasty fare. I will definitely be recommending this place to my friends and family.

Room Tip: Request 6th floor, it was very quiet as it is the top floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Brewhouse Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!