“What a contender” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 53 Hotels in Milwaukee
Nashville, Tennessee
“What a contender”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I will start off by saying this is now one of my favorite hotels and I've certainly stayed in a lot of hotels in my time; now I've been with the Hilton brand for only a few years now but I am becoming more and more of a fan.

This hotel is a classic experience from its location to the architecture.

Most notable facts:

Clean
Felt very welcomed
Customer Service is amazing
The rooms look great with the high ceilings
The hotel itself has historical tour facts throughout that allow you to peek into the past.
Wonderful location and valet service
Staying here for business purposes made my travel less stressful

Lastly, the price of the hotel is a good value!

I would certainly stay at this hotel again when I am in town next year.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Nick J, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Matt

Thank you for selecting our hotel for your most rescent trip to Milwaukee and for your loyalty to our brand! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed many aspects of our hotel including our housekeeping department, customer service, and our histroric building. I hope we will get to see you again soon. Thank you for sharing your expeirence!

Nick Johnson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Peoria, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn, and from the time we walked in, we knew this could be good! We decided to use the valet parking, and the valet was friendly and courteous. I walked up to the front desk and Theresa (sp?) was there with a warm smile. I got there early, but she was able to get me checked in, and coordinated having my close family next door. The building is super-cool, if you enjoy early 20th century touches...well renovated/recreated touches like lots of glass, marble (and faux marble), tall ceilings, arched windows looking into an atrium and metal. My room was huge...as in, king bed and two rollaways would've been no problem! The bathroom was large as well. Two people could easily be getting ready at the same time in the morning. Every room had a fridge, microwave and Keurig. Plumbing, heating, TV, etc all were updated. All of the staff that we interacted with were friendly...valet, front desk, restaurant server, bartender, and housekeeping. It was easy to walk to the Public Market, bars, restaurants, and the ever-present Starbucks. If our travels take us back to Milwaukee, THIS is where we'll stay!

Room Tip: It's a bit nicer to have a room that looks out over Broadway St, rather than adjacent buildings.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Cathy

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and for your most rescent visit! i am so glad that you enjoyed valet parking, your interaction with Theresa, our location, and our historuc buidling. Thank you again for the nice review. Hurry back!

Custer, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We got four rooms here for a great rate. Megan and the other front desk staff were kind and efficient. The valet was nice also. The historic beauty of the building is what really made the place great, but the place does not feel old. We were told it has just recently been turned into a hotel. We had a large room on the fifth floor and the elevator got us there in record time. We did not try the restaurant, but it looked nice.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Betty

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your most rescent viist to Milwuakee. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience and that Megan was able to make a difference! I have shared your comments with her. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I hope you can make it back soon!

Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were only going to stay at this hotel one night for a concert, but our stay ended up lasting a bit longer due to a medical emergency and hospitalization. Everyone at the hotel was extremely kind and they went above and beyond to make sure we were comfortable. Kerisa at the front desk was exceptionally wonderful. She took care of us so we could take care of our friend in the hospital. (By the way, Colombia St. Mary's is also fantastic!).

The building is beautiful, definitely a gem and worth seeing. The rooms were large and well appointed, with very comfortable beds. The location is ideal for exploring the Third Ward, the Public Market, the Riverwalk, bars, restaurants, and the Riverside Theater.

The hotel was already a 5 star in my books, but the kindness and high degree of service from Kerisa and Tyler and and the others just made this an exceptional stay. Thanks to everyone there for everything you did for us! We'll be back, hopefully without a medical emergency next time!

Room Tip: We stayed in several rooms, and all were good.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Nick J, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
ChiMoniGans

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your experience with me. I am so glad that you enjoyed your visit! I hope your friend is doing better. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our historic buidling, our location and your interactions with our staff. I hope you can make it back soon!

Warmest Regards,

Madison, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The Hilton Garden Inn in downtown Milwaukee is a well-located hotel in a beautifully restored nineteenth century building that was formerly an insurance company's headquarters. It features a dramatic five-story atrium with a grand staircase, terrazzo tile floors and decorative iron railings. The rooms are very nice and the service is very good.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Nick J, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Richard

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for you kind words. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed some of the historical elements of our building and that you are happy with the service from our team members. I hope you are able to join us again soon. Thank you again fo the nice review.

Mumbai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Clean Room. Nice Ambiance. Perfect for someone who like primitive/historic buildings.
Very nicely maintained.
Staff is very amicable.
Front desk is awesome !
Breakfast served is almost perfect for most of the traveler across the globe.
Doesn't take too long to reach at most of the places from here.

I would recommend a stay here. Enjoy.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Jigar V

Thank you for your nice review and for choosing our hotel for your most rescent trip to Milwaukee! I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our historic building, location, breakfast, and team members. I hope you will visit again soon!

Nick Johnnson
Livonia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The restaurant has a very impressive Breakfast full of omelets, fresh fruit, healthy options and bakery items. Full bar/restaurant makes it easy to do business without having to exit the hotel with the extreme cold weather that tends to hit Milwaukee during winter months. Hotel is close to summerfest grounds. Close to excellent night life and restaurants in the 3rd ward and downtown.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Karl

Thank you for taking the time to shar eyou er experience! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast, and location in downtown. Please visit again soon!

Nick Jonnson

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Downtown? Share your experiences!