“Beautiful building and rooms” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Bed n Breakfast Deal
Ranked #5 of 53 Hotels in Milwaukee
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Beautiful building and rooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

The hotel is beautiful. The rooms are very clean, must have been recently upgraded. The ceilings in the rooms are very high and looks majestic. The bathrooms are huge. Service was A+. Breakfast very good and economical.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Nick J, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Ada

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review about your experience. I am so glad that you enjoyed the high ceilings in our rooms. I hope you can make it back soon!

Thank you again.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

The interior and the location of this place can't be beat. What can be beat is the air conditioning, at least in our room, where it was 80 degrees all night long. After several visits from "the guy," they finally gave us another room with working AC. And they were pleasant and very nice about the whole thing, and even gave us coupons for free wine at the bar. Just wish that first night had been better . . . .

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Nick J, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review! I am very sorry about your air conditioner and your uncomfort the first night. I am glad to hear that we were able to make things right for you. I hope you can visit us again soon!

Benson, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We spent a Sunday night here and got in 1 hour before check in. They upgraded is to a humongous corner room. I loved that they kept the old safes when it used to be s bank. The only complaint is that there was quite a bit of road noise. But the room was clean and very spacious

• Stayed July 2014
Lisa

Thank you for your kind words, I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit and the corner room. I hope you will be able to visit us again soon!

Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

centrally located and within comfortable walking distance of most downtown activities (river / lake boats to W, museums & lakefront shoreline spots to E, historic third ward to S, & essential watering holes all around). housekeeping services leave a little to be desired (they're either a little short-staffed or some of their staff isn't overly motivated) but otherwise this is a well-done hotel retrofit into a historic building and where the history of bldg is told via signage & photos throughout. but since there's no realistic place for a pool then a rooftop terrace or bar would be nice.

Room Tip: ask for E-facing or S-facing rooms (those sides face streets instead of back)
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
Thank you for the nice comments about our hotel. I am so glad that you enjoyed our location and remodeled historic building. I am terribly sorry that you experienced less than satisfactory housekeeping services. I have very high standards for our housekeeping department, I am sorry that we did not meet these for you. I will be sharing your comments with our leadership and housekeeping teams. Thank you again for ther review.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

I am staying at the hotel now and it is not your normal Hilton Garden Inn. It is in a former office building from the 1800's, but newly remodeled. Some wonderful floors and other decorations are from the original building and are very pretty. It is worth just seeing parts of it and reading about the history on the panels. There is a large bar and restaurant area. And a sitting room near the entrance. My room is on the fifth floor looking east. The room is new with high ceilings. There is a desk, large flat screen tv, a small microwave, and a refrigerator. The bathroom is nice and modern. The room is very quiet. The location is two blocks east of the river and the river walk. And very close to the third ward restaurant and shops. They have valet parking for six dollars during the day with multiple in and outs. Parking is $24 at night. I am impressed with this hotel and it exceeded my expectations.

1 Thank Jim_atl
Jim

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit to our hotel. Thank you for sharing your experience!

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Diamond member stayed here for a nice long weekend with my wife, 3, and 5 year old. Checked in around 3:30 into our 1 bedroom suite. Went up to our room and found out the suite did not have a door, but a sitting area, and you could sit there and see the bedroom. Went back downstairs and talked with Nick the GM, who explained none of their suites have doors. I explained my frustration that I was paying premium when I could have just booked a regular 2 bed accommodation. He did offer a discount because of this which I appreciated “Suite” was pretty nice, small bed area, and small sitting area. Room only had 3 towels in it. One night asked for additional towels which never came, but got them early the next morning. Everything was nice and clean. We were on the 5th floor (top floor), which had 2 small windows and not much of a view though. It was a busy weekend with the Cardinals in town and the Bastille festival, but room was extremely quiet. Normally, the suite issue would have left a damper on my impression of the hotel, but I did get some great sleep here so I am still giving it 4 stars.
Location is great. Walking distance with 2 small kids to Lakefront, Riverwalk, 3rd ward, cathedral square, and lots of restaurants. Valet was $24 a night. From the street, its hard to see where the valet is as there is not stand outside. One time I needed my car and called downstairs and came down 15 minutes later and no one relayed the message to them. The next day I figured I would walk down there with my ticket, and no one was down there for valet as there was only one person there and he was off getting another car.
Breakfast was pretty good, free for my wife and I and they didn’t charge our kids. Similar to most other buffets at Hilton and Embassy suites. Continental style with 3 hot items and made to order omelets. Sat down by one TV and asked if it could be changed to ESPN or CNN or something, and the waitress said no. So I asked a manager who explained that their owner insists that TV be left on TCM (Turner classic Movies) which basically shows nothing but old black and white movies. Kind of weird to me, but maybe that’s the look they are going for in an old building, fancy HDTV big screen showing black and white movies.
Overall I would stay here again as long as it’s a reasonable price. It’s a nice older building in good shape. It’s a smaller building compared to some of the other hotels close buy, which means staff can be great when they are not busy, but staff can get overwhelmed during peak times.

Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking your time to share your ecperience. I am sorry that a few things were frustrating during your visit, particularly the suite configuration, and the valet. Since your visit we have added a valet stand. Thank you so much for choosing our hotel, I am glad to hear that you enjoyed other parts of your viist. I hope you will consider us again.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

This property is not at all like the standard Hilton Garden Inn locations. This is both a plus and a minus. Our room was absolutely beautiful. We had some challenges with check in and the restaurant but those issues were addressed and corrected by GM Nick. The biggest challenge we encountered was the parking. There is no on property parking and we didn't know there was a second entrance where we did not have to lug our bags up a tall flight of stairs. This property is close to Miller Park which is why we selected it. I would stay here again if I did not have a car to worry about parking. Property itself is gorgeous.

• 3 of 5 stars
Nick J, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Thank you for sharing your expeience at our unique Hilton Garden Inn. I am so glad that you and I were able to speak during your visit. If you are in Milwaukee again, I hope that you will decide to stay with us. Please feel free to contact me directly 414-810-4253. Thank you again.