“Beautiful Rooms” 4 of 5 stars

Lakefront Brew Tour
Ranked #8 of 52 Hotels in Milwaukee
“Beautiful Rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

This property is not at all like the standard Hilton Garden Inn locations. This is both a plus and a minus. Our room was absolutely beautiful. We had some challenges with check in and the restaurant but those issues were addressed and corrected by GM Nick. The biggest challenge we encountered was the parking. There is no on property parking and we didn't know there was a second entrance where we did not have to lug our bags up a tall flight of stairs. This property is close to Miller Park which is why we selected it. I would stay here again if I did not have a car to worry about parking. Property itself is gorgeous.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Nick J, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Thank you for sharing your expeience at our unique Hilton Garden Inn. I am so glad that you and I were able to speak during your visit. If you are in Milwaukee again, I hope that you will decide to stay with us. Please feel free to contact me directly 414-810-4253. Thank you again.

Nick Johnson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Portland, Oregon, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights and attending training here. Based in an old corporate HQ, Hilton has done a great job retrofitting it and making a really nice, affordable downtown hotel. The wifi and hotel restaurant are also great. Everything is clean and the staff is extremely helpful at all times. Do be aware that I couldn't get the blackout curtains to close completely and at least one training room has a column in the middle of it.

Stayed July 2014
Nick J, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and for your rescent visits to the hotel! I am delighted that you enjoy the hotel enough to return several times. I hope you can make it back soon.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Stayed ten nights at this hotel and housekeeping failed to clean our room by the time we returned on four days! I am talking five to seven p.m. returns, not mid-afternoon. Room for three was given amenities for two. For what they are charging, this was a downright shame. Ruined an otherwise pleasant vacation in Milwaukee.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for sharing your experience with me. I am terribly sorry that you did not receive housekeeping service each night of your visit. I completely understand how frusterating this was for you and I am sorry that it impacted your visit to Milwaukee. I would like to discuss this in more detail with you. At your convenience please contact me directly at 414-810-4253. I hope that you will consider giving us another chance to exceed your expectations.

Chicago, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Beautiful historic hotel with gorgeous lobby, located perfectly near the historic 3rd ward and Public Market and an easy walk to the lakefront or other downtown locations. Friendly staff plus a good fitness room - will return.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Elizabeth

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us and for your kind words! I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our location to the 3rd Ward, Public Market, and Lakefront. I hope you can make it back soon!

Indian Hills, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

I love this hotel! It's in a nicely restored historic building and close to everything downtown.
The best part, however, is the front desk staff. Katrona and Theresa are super friendly and very helpful.
Housekeeping could use a little work, hence the 4/5 rating but overall a very nice place.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for the nice review and for your kind words. I am so glad that you enjoyed our restored historic building, our location in downtown Milwaukee, and our front desk staff. I am very sorry that you did not have the best experience with housekeeping, I would like to speak with you in more detail about this. Please contact me directly at 414-810-4253. Thank you again for the nice review. I hope you can make it back soon!

414-810-4253
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Hotel is two years old. In a renovated historic building in downtown. Seven block walk to Summerfest grounds. Friendly staff. Clean rooms, comfy beds, pillows and fluffy bath towels. Mini fridge and micro. They have a shuttle that can drop you off at surrounding attractions. However, we waited 20 minutes for it to show up and ended up walking to Summerfest grounds- 15 minute walk. Would stay again.

Room Tip: Rooms have tall narrow windows. We didn't choose the hotel for the view.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Nick J, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thank you for the nice comments. I am so glad that you enjoyed your trip! I am sorry that the shuttle was rnning a bit behind during your visit. Please join us agian soon!
Thank you again.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

We stayed for a July 4 visit to Summerfest. Hotel was within walking distance of the lakefront - location is ideal. Room request was met (top floor) and room was spacious and warm. Beds were very comfortable. Breakfast is not included with stay. Beautiful, historic building. Carpet in the hallway outside our room was in a state of renovation. Looked as if the job was started but abandoned abruptly.

Room Tip: Top floor away from the elevator.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review and for sharing your feedback with me. I am glad that you enjoyed our location, but, I am very sorry that our cooridor repair impacted your visit. Please contact me at your convenience so that we may discuss this situation further. 414-810-4253.

Thank you again!

414-810-4253

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Downtown? Share your experiences!