“Wonderful” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Milwaukee Repertory Theater

Milwaukee Repertory Theater
108 E Wells St, Milwaukee, WI 53202 (Downtown)
414-224-9490
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 76 Attractions in Milwaukee
Type: Performances, Theaters & Stadiums
22 attraction reviews
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I have season tickets and travel from south of Chicago, but it is well worth the drive. Performances are always top notch. And the sets, lighting, costumes are some of the best around!!! The theatre itself is a wonderful venue! No heads in your way here. Highly recommend catching a show here!

Orlando, Florida
4 attraction reviews
“Superb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

My daughter who is a junior in college bought me tickets for my birthday for us to go to see Diary of Anne Frank. Of note is that we had to cancel due to illness and they did allow us to reschedule for a 10 dollar fee which was great. All of the staff working were very nice and helpful. The lobby and building are very fancy and beautiful. They had large displays about the play as well. During intermission they had snacks, wine, beer. We got there early and one of the cast members set up the story and described the situation. he actors were all great, as well as the set. I would say the dress people going there went from a very few people wearing jeans, most dress casual and some very, very well dressed. There were people of all ages there too. There are elevators. I had no trouble as far as having to watch my step or anything. It was well lit when it needed to be. We both really enjoyed it and will be returning to see another one we are interested in over the holidays. I highly recommend this theater.

Los Angeles, California
14 attraction reviews
“Blues in the Night is FANTASTIC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Sabina and I went to Blues in the Night (http://www.milwaukeerep.com/season/blues.html) tonight and were blown away. It was so much fun and the venue (Stackner Cabaret) is as good a place to see intimate theater as we've ever been. The talent in this show from the singing and dancing to the acting is amazing and that you can get tickets for $35 is among the best deals of any theater anywhere.

Cedarburg, Wisconsin, United States
12 attraction reviews
“Theater at its finest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

We are so lucky to have a place like this in Milwaukee, 3 fantastic venues in one place to watch wonderful plays.

Visited August 2012
Chicago, Illinois
5 attraction reviews
“Gives Milwaukee a bad Rep”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

The Milwaukee Rep Theatre is usually known for off-beat yet compelling theatrical productions. My wife took part in their summer program this past July and my in-laws are contributors. However, my experience of the Rep has been lackluster, dangerous, and disappointing.

If it's your first time at the Rep, the best advice I can give you is, watch your step! There are no running lights along the wide and chunky stairs leading up into the seating areas in the smaller theatres. Several people stumbled and fell up and down the stairs (in the pitch dark) at my wife's showcase and it was a wonder that they weren't seriously hurt.

In addition, the productions director was unfriendly and not very helpful when our family was trying to find the correct theatre door.

Overall, I would skip any production at the Rep and go instead to Ziedler Hall.

Visited July 2012