“they say for up to 10yrs old - not so” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #29 of 242 things to do in Milwaukee
More attraction details
Owner description: Milwaukee's only place for hands-on play and interactive learning, just for kids 10 and younger and their grown-ups! The Betty Brinn Children's Museum is dedicated to providing interactive exhibits and educational resources that promote the healthy development of children in their formative years. Exhibits include a kid-sized town; an area exploring the visual, language and performing arts; a life-sized board game that teaches kids about being healthy and taking care of our bodies; an inviting play just for children age 4 and younger; and a special exhibits gallery that features exhibits such as The Adventures of Mr. Potato Head, Tinkertoy: Build Your Imagination, Smokey Bear and Woodsy Owl: Home Sweet Home and much more! The Museum also features two outdoor exhibits in the summer.
juno
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“they say for up to 10yrs old - not so”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Probably great for 4-6 but definitely not much there for any kid much older. The 2 hour recommended length is for the 4-6 yr old. The concept is sound - hands on creative exhibits. A bit too much corporate advertising for my taste but these days I guess you get what you're willing to pay for. You will find watching the sculpture atop the art museum more interesting. That's worth the trip to the lakefront and it's free.

Madison, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Overrated”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Although it is housed on three floors, the actual exhibits only take up one floor. After waiting in line for 30 minutes for tickets, my three year old only spent the same amount of time in the exhibits. My biggest beef is that the gift shop does not have their own cashier. After spending time choosing a couple of toys, I was told I would have to go to the end of the admissions line to make my purchase. Sorry, but I'm not waiting in line another 30 minutes to buy two items that I can find at any other toy store.

Knoxville, Tennessee
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“The Potential is There....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We easily spent an hour here with our 1 year old, however so many items were broken, not working properly or just not maintained, that we have no desire to ever go back.
There is a wide variety of items and attractions, several were very fun. The items that require interaction or cause and effect (ex. turn the handle and the balls move) didn't all work. It was fun, I am glad we went, I recommend that you go and have fun. I just don't think any of us will plan a second trip.

Mukwonago, Wisconsin
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Very fun place for kids”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

The best way to combine fun and learning! They are always adding new attractions and they are always bigger n better than the last!

Visited April 2012
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“loveit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Every time my grandsons visit from MO, they want to go here. Fun place for kids, since it is ALL hands on! They love the auto shop, post office and grocery store. Really fun place for kids!

Visited February 2013