“they say for up to 10yrs old - not so” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 86 attractions in Milwaukee
Type: Children's Museums
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Children 10 and under can look AND touch at this interactive, educational museum, where they learn about everyday life in unique and imaginative ways, from crawling through the ventricles of a giant human heart to role-playing different jobs and countless other fun activities.
juno
“they say for up to 10yrs old - not so”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Probably great for 4-6 but definitely not much there for any kid much older. The 2 hour recommended length is for the 4-6 yr old. The concept is sound - hands on creative exhibits. A bit too much corporate advertising for my taste but these days I guess you get what you're willing to pay for. You will find watching the sculpture atop the art museum more interesting. That's worth the trip to the lakefront and it's free.

Madison, Wisconsin
“Overrated”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Although it is housed on three floors, the actual exhibits only take up one floor. After waiting in line for 30 minutes for tickets, my three year old only spent the same amount of time in the exhibits. My biggest beef is that the gift shop does not have their own cashier. After spending time choosing a couple of toys, I was told I would have to go to the end of the admissions line to make my purchase. Sorry, but I'm not waiting in line another 30 minutes to buy two items that I can find at any other toy store.

Knoxville, Tennessee
8 attraction reviews
“The Potential is There....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We easily spent an hour here with our 1 year old, however so many items were broken, not working properly or just not maintained, that we have no desire to ever go back.
There is a wide variety of items and attractions, several were very fun. The items that require interaction or cause and effect (ex. turn the handle and the balls move) didn't all work. It was fun, I am glad we went, I recommend that you go and have fun. I just don't think any of us will plan a second trip.

Mukwonago, Wisconsin
6 attraction reviews
“Very fun place for kids”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

The best way to combine fun and learning! They are always adding new attractions and they are always bigger n better than the last!

Visited April 2012
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
3 attraction reviews
“loveit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Every time my grandsons visit from MO, they want to go here. Fun place for kids, since it is ALL hands on! They love the auto shop, post office and grocery store. Really fun place for kids!

Visited February 2013