“You want to visit this museum!” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Natural History Museums
Activities: Viewing wildlife
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Featuring more than six million objects and a variety of exciting exhibits, this is considered one of the best natural history museums in the United States.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
“You want to visit this museum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Everything about this museum is great. The exhibits were most interesting. Free flowing atmosphere, where even if it is packed with people you still can walk around and view the exhibits. I learned a lot from going there.

Unity, WI
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I have been going to this museum since I was little. The staple exhibits are unique and interesting, so I can see the same things every time I go, but I always find something new! The special traveling exhibits and imax are great as well. Although they are pricey, you will find that one of the special exhibits can take up an entire afternoon!

(I love the museum so much, my husband and I actually had our wedding reception there!)

Visited August 2012
Milwaukee, Wi
13 attraction reviews
“A World-Class Museum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

If you've ever seen museum exhibits that have a dummy or taxidermied animal in the foreground and a panoramic painted back-drop (like Pocohontas in Night At The Museum) the you've seen what's known as 'The Milwaukee Style' of exhibit. The Milwaukee Pubilc Museum is HUGE and filled with amazing exhibits in the Milwaukee Style and many contemporary styles too.

The Streets of Old Milwaukee are fascinating, and the European Village is exceptional (I always visit at Christmas to see each house decorated for the season!)

The Native American exhibits are astonishing - some of the best you'll see. The museum has recently unveiled a whole new floor of exhibits that will boggle the mind!

All of the special exhibitions I've seen have been excellent (Titanic, Frogs, Mummies, Cleopatra, etc.) Highly recommend purchasing tickets for the special exhibitions as well as the main museum.

The Imax is pretty standard, always fun!

Great facilites - nice large cafeteria with lots of choices.

One of the best museums in America - highly underrated. A real gem!

Visited May 2012
Saukville, Wisconsin, United States
15 attraction reviews
“fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Old streets of Milwaukee has to be my favorite! Fun for all ages so much to see makes for a day of fun when its too cold outside. Be sure to stop by the candy shop in the old streets of Milwaukee.

Visited June 2012
Green Bay, WI
35 attraction reviews
“Almost too much for one day”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

There was so much to see, that one day was not enough. We got tired after a few hours and skimmed most of the top floors. Our 8 year old got bored after the Dinosaurs and a show in the Planetarium, although he got into the European Village with some coaxing.

We almost missed the real mummy on one of the upper floors. The butterfly garden was a big hit for us also.

The staff were very friendly and the woman working with the dinosaur fossils engaged our son for a good ten minutes, as he is very into dinosaurs. One of the securtiy guards was also very knowledgeble.

Though it was expensive ($60+ for three of us with one show and another $11 to park), we were there 4 hours and could have stayed longer.

The planetarium show was iffy. The introduction where the host showed the night sky and pointed out the constellations was much better than the "color" show itself. That was kind of boring and gave all of us motion sickness.

Overall, a great trip!