“Worst Hotel in Wisconsin” 1 of 5 stars

Motel 6 Milwaukee South - Airport
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   5037 South Howell Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53207   |
Ranked #50 of 52 hotels in Milwaukee
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
“Worst Hotel in Wisconsin”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

I recently stayed at the Motel 6… couple words to describe this hotel. Full of drugs,obvious patrons soliciting prostitution. Police are there on a daily basis either looking for someone or arresting someone. I really don't know why this hotel is still by a major airport where lots of people commute in and out of. I hope in the future that either the city or the hotels in the area come together to shut this embarrassment of a hotel to the Milwaukee area.

Room Tip: Any rooms near the north south east or west avoid .
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Milwaukee South - Airport, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Dear rousch - We sincerely apologize for the unwelcoming environment you encountered during your recent stay. These issues are not consistent with our quality and experience standards at Motel 6. Please kindly contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

36 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I stay at many Motel 6 locations around the US and had friends in from out of town. We saw a few little bugs around the sink and cleaned them off. Sure enough, many little bugs started jumping all over the place and indeed the room was infested with fleas. The manager did give us a full refund, but I was so embarrassed for my city and this location. Best to avoid Motel 6 by the airport.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Dale R - Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We sincerely apologize for the pest issues you encountered during your stay with us. Thank you for reporting this to our staff; we take your feedback very seriously as we work to improve our guests' experience with us.
Shah Alam, Selangor, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Stayed one night with family- May 2013 . Registration check-in staff counter never greeted with a smile but instead requested for an international passport both husband and wife; even though my son studying at UW-Madison for 4 years produce his University student card and credit card, which they refuses.. Very embrassing for tourist like us We never expected to been attended such a manner. The room was good in decoration but small. It's okay. It's not a sound proof room for we can hear the next room person talking. The building are made of wood.The rest seems to be just fine. Some renovation are going on A lady at the breakfast room are quite nice and smile at us' which good for the business.Morning breakfast really made us delighted and enjoyed it very much. But not during checked in;which are not suppose to happened. Hopefully the management will overcome this shortcoming.Anyway, we a quite happy .

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Lyndhurst, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

First off, the hotel is located right across from an airport, but despite that fact my mother and I did not hear the planes while inside. We got a two bed room located across from the laundry room. The room was clean and the beds were soft (not firm - on a scale of 1 (soft) to 10 (firm) they were probably about a 2 or 3). There was ice available and there were vending machines.

To access the internet it was an additional charge ($3 or so) so we did not think spending the few dollars was worth a few hours of internet.

It was okay overall - cheaper than other hotels in the area, so you get what you pay for.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

You have to pay $21 more for a fridge and microwave . they only clean your room twice if you stay a week or more
I'll never come here again
Housekeeping is rude and the manager dose not train the staff correctly .

• Stayed March 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

The room was fairly clean and the rates were extremely cheap but totally not worth it. The bed was so uncomfortable that I actually woke up with my knee hurting, keep in mind I'm 23 with no knee problems. There was not even a chair for the table in the room. The TV is tiny and you could hear everything going on outside and in the rooms next to me. The best thing I could say about the place is that I didn't see any bugs. I travel for my job and use travel advisor alot and will be writing reviews fairly. My partner from the company I work for said his bed was ok. But I think after 12 years of being on the road, he is more used to sleeping on crappy beds in cheap hotels.

• Stayed March 2013
Albuquerque, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I stayed one night at this location in October 2012. I was awakened at 2 am by the strong odor of cigarette smoke. I went to the front desk where I was told that despite Wisconsin law prohibiting smoking in hotels, the desk clerk allowed it. When I protested, this 70-yr-old great grandmother was thrown out at 2:30 am in 45 degree weather, barefoot and in my night clothes. I called the police from 3 blocks away who told me the desk clerk alleged I was creating a disturbance and I must leave. The Manager said he backed his employee complete. If you like cigarette smoke, this is the place for you. If not, give it a WIDE miss. I am now on their "Do not rent to" list.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Motel 6 Milwaukee South - Airport? Share your experiences!