“Cheap Budget Hotel & Breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

Motel 6 Milwaukee South - Airport
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   5037 South Howell Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53207   |
Ranked #50 of 52 hotels in Milwaukee
Shah Alam, Selangor, Malaysia
“Cheap Budget Hotel & Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Stayed one night with family- May 2013 . Registration check-in staff counter never greeted with a smile but instead requested for an international passport both husband and wife; even though my son studying at UW-Madison for 4 years produce his University student card and credit card, which they refuses.. Very embrassing for tourist like us We never expected to been attended such a manner. The room was good in decoration but small. It's okay. It's not a sound proof room for we can hear the next room person talking. The building are made of wood.The rest seems to be just fine. Some renovation are going on A lady at the breakfast room are quite nice and smile at us' which good for the business.Morning breakfast really made us delighted and enjoyed it very much. But not during checked in;which are not suppose to happened. Hopefully the management will overcome this shortcoming.Anyway, we a quite happy .

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

40 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Lyndhurst, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

First off, the hotel is located right across from an airport, but despite that fact my mother and I did not hear the planes while inside. We got a two bed room located across from the laundry room. The room was clean and the beds were soft (not firm - on a scale of 1 (soft) to 10 (firm) they were probably about a 2 or 3). There was ice available and there were vending machines.

To access the internet it was an additional charge ($3 or so) so we did not think spending the few dollars was worth a few hours of internet.

It was okay overall - cheaper than other hotels in the area, so you get what you pay for.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

You have to pay $21 more for a fridge and microwave . they only clean your room twice if you stay a week or more
I'll never come here again
Housekeeping is rude and the manager dose not train the staff correctly .

• Stayed March 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

The room was fairly clean and the rates were extremely cheap but totally not worth it. The bed was so uncomfortable that I actually woke up with my knee hurting, keep in mind I'm 23 with no knee problems. There was not even a chair for the table in the room. The TV is tiny and you could hear everything going on outside and in the rooms next to me. The best thing I could say about the place is that I didn't see any bugs. I travel for my job and use travel advisor alot and will be writing reviews fairly. My partner from the company I work for said his bed was ok. But I think after 12 years of being on the road, he is more used to sleeping on crappy beds in cheap hotels.

• Stayed March 2013
Albuquerque, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I stayed one night at this location in October 2012. I was awakened at 2 am by the strong odor of cigarette smoke. I went to the front desk where I was told that despite Wisconsin law prohibiting smoking in hotels, the desk clerk allowed it. When I protested, this 70-yr-old great grandmother was thrown out at 2:30 am in 45 degree weather, barefoot and in my night clothes. I called the police from 3 blocks away who told me the desk clerk alleged I was creating a disturbance and I must leave. The Manager said he backed his employee complete. If you like cigarette smoke, this is the place for you. If not, give it a WIDE miss. I am now on their "Do not rent to" list.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Seeing a lot of bad reviews for Motel 6 gives one pause. But recently when I was forced to stay at one due to a convention resulting in "all rooms in town booked", I was very pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness and newly redecorated quality of the room and bathroom. So I decided to try Motel 6 again by choice.

While this location was not as "stellar" as the previous, it was not far from it. The mattress could have been better.

And at the price? Nobody comes close to the value. I will definitely plan to look for Motel 6 again, and hope that I do not run into a case similar to the badly reviewed places.

One final tip: I always call the location to talk to someone at the front desk, to see if I can gather from their attitude and responses whether it might be one of the "do not stay here" places.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012 via mobile

Um let's see the lady at the front desk was rude !!!!! Every time I asked her a question she have me attitude I gave her my I D to check in n it took 20. Min after I signed everything got my room she slaps my ID down and says ur not 21 wow how rude she could of said it nicley and told me befor checking me in !!!! Im glad I wasn't 21 just stepping in the door u have to go through tons of doors and then it smells horrible at that !! I will be calling her manager or the corporation !!! And they need a building inspector !

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Motel 6 Milwaukee South - Airport? Share your experiences!