“Motel 6 continues to impress” 4 of 5 stars

Motel 6 Milwaukee South - Airport
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   5037 South Howell Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53207   |
Ranked #50 of 52 hotels in Milwaukee
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
“Motel 6 continues to impress”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Seeing a lot of bad reviews for Motel 6 gives one pause. But recently when I was forced to stay at one due to a convention resulting in "all rooms in town booked", I was very pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness and newly redecorated quality of the room and bathroom. So I decided to try Motel 6 again by choice.

While this location was not as "stellar" as the previous, it was not far from it. The mattress could have been better.

And at the price? Nobody comes close to the value. I will definitely plan to look for Motel 6 again, and hope that I do not run into a case similar to the badly reviewed places.

One final tip: I always call the location to talk to someone at the front desk, to see if I can gather from their attitude and responses whether it might be one of the "do not stay here" places.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

40 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012 via mobile

Um let's see the lady at the front desk was rude !!!!! Every time I asked her a question she have me attitude I gave her my I D to check in n it took 20. Min after I signed everything got my room she slaps my ID down and says ur not 21 wow how rude she could of said it nicley and told me befor checking me in !!!! Im glad I wasn't 21 just stepping in the door u have to go through tons of doors and then it smells horrible at that !! I will be calling her manager or the corporation !!! And they need a building inspector !

• Stayed July 2012
Naples, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

Stayed overnight due to flight cancellation at MKE. Room phone rang at 3AM - was asked if I would like his massage now...could have been a prank call...or the front desk alerted a service that a single male had checked in...hung up and pulled the plug on the phone. Shortly thereafter heard commotion in the hallway.

Door had big crack in it - could see out into the hallway. The bedspread was covered with cigarette burns. Contemplated going out to the car to get the two sheets we use for our dog in the back of the car.

This place was BAD!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

I stayed / lived at the Motel 6 Milwaukee Airport for a month while training and relocating for a new job in the Milwaukee area. My work as an over the road truck driver gives me the first hand experience of staying at many value motels including many in the Motel 6 brand.

Remember folks, you get what you pay for. If you had a reservation across the street at the Best Western but the hotel was full and you ended up staying at the Motel 6, can you honestly expect it to be even close to the same?

Pros: Indoor coordiors, well lit / good security, convenient to many restaurants and the airport, clean rooms (usually where Motel 6 as a whole struggles) decent Television channel selection, god value.

Cons: Bed squishy (personally I don't like a firm mattress anyways) drug activity in the area (but not in the hotel itself) bathrooms only have a shower stall and no tub, front desk staff is FLUENT in English and the hotel in general appears to be well managed.

I would give this Motel 6 an 8 out of 10 on the Motel 6 scale, and a 7 out of 10 on the grand scheme.

Room Tip: If you are a smoker, this entire hotel is non smoking. Ask for a room on the first floor near an ext...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Searcy, Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

Well, like others said, it is in a pretty seedy area. It is not a good representation of Milwaukee at all. The people staying here were similarly seedy looking---perhaps some were druggies and prostitutes, or perhaps they just looked that way. The front desk was very helpful, and Linda was sweet. However, it looked as though they picked up the cleaning crew from a prison break. Others commented on stolen belongings. We didn't have that experience (though we took our valuables with us during the day), but it looked as though it was possible due to the quality of the help. With 9% unemployment, Motel 6 should be able to upgrade easily. Anyways, the halls smelled funny, but once in the room it was okay. It was pretty clean, and it was your standard Motel 6 room. For the price, the room wasn't bad if you can handle a bit of a ghetto feel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Cunningham, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2011

where should i start how about with the first night. there was bugs in my bed manager did give us a voucher for a free night and key to another room. the manager refused to enter the room when she brought the key. while at work the next day house keeping made themselves at home. they went through our bags in the room to the point that closes where in the wrong bags. the voucher for the free night was gone along with some food items that we had with us and a bottle of body wash. we tried to talk to girl at front desk about voucher and items missing and she was rude with us.after house keeping had their way with our bags they didn't even other to give us clean towels or should i say towels at all. i didn't have high exprectations of this room but this was rediculous and would not recommend this place to any one not even my worse enemy.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2010 via mobile

VERY GHETTO AND DIRTY. DIRTY BUILDING WITH OBVIOUS PROSTITUTION AND DRUGS PREASENT.

• Stayed October 2010

Been to Motel 6 Milwaukee South - Airport? Share your experiences!