“Great Belgium Restaurant in Milwaukee” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Richmond VA
“Great Belgium Restaurant in Milwaukee”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Absolutely loved the restaurant. The weather was great so we asked to sit outside. We made the mistake thinking it would not be open until about 11am on Sunday but they actually open early morning so we had about an hours wait. No problem, we quickly ran accross the street and enjoyed the Milwaukee Public Market until our seating time approached. Started out with a Bloody Mary that I shared with my wife. the drink also came with about a four ounce glass of beer and enough extras to almost make a meal. We got the Stinking Rose which included olives, pickles, cheese and sausage. The menu was literally full of choices I would want to try. If we can make it back enough times I will probably try it all. Being Canadian I had the Roasted Duck Poutine which was fanatastic. If you can only go once ask to sit on the rooftop. It will be worth the wait.

Visited June 2014

Kenosha, Wisconsin
“Busy Summerfest brunch day at Benelux!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Had to wait 30 minutes to eat on the rooftop but it was worth it. Great day, great food and great service. The salmon eggs benedict that I had was perfect. I had a nice Kwak belgian beer for dessert. Great start to Sunday Summerfest adventure!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Tampa, Florida
“Absolutely delicious food at a great price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

If you are a beer lover, then this is the place for you. Came in to share some appetizers and sides and to sample some new beers. They have a beer flight ($12) and you can try 4 different draft beers - every item on their menu has a beer recommended for pairing. Even if you don't drink alcohol, the menu cannot be beat. We ordered the charcuterie board and it was amazing, I found myself wanting to come back just to order that board again. Had the burger bebes, which were delicious and great for sharing. Lastly, had the mussels. I am from Florida and have grown up on seafood, I was sad to say that the mussels were terrible. They are supposedly known for the mussel dishes and I unfortunately sent mine back. Our server immediately removed them, took them off our bill and was extremely apologetic and accomodating (She didn't cook them, but she apologized as if she had) so that was very nice and made up for the terrible dish. Overall, great experience, friendly fast service, great food at a great price. Would recommend. Oh, and the rooftop is absolutely beautiful.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Cafe Benelux - busy/expensive but good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

This is a Belgium cafe. The vibe is hopping for sure. VERY busy and hectic and loud -but that does add to a nice fun vibe. Great drink choices.. I would say that Hop Leaf in Chicago (another Belgium place) had better food/drink but Cafe Benelux is located in this trendy busy 3rd ward. Bottom line...trendy/hip/beautiful people/good food/great drinks/get ready to spend some cash.

Visited June 2014
“Has it all”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Three of us went there for breakfast when referred by hotel concierge. Expected a good restaurant, and found this exceeded very good expectation. Fun, upscale casual atmosphere in a particularly funky, fun part of town.

Breakfast burrito was the beast. Quinoa skillet also excellent. When we said two of us would share them, they arrived split (the skillet arrived as two smaller skillets, each with its own fired egg - first class!). Food was nicely plated (decorative sauces etc) and very tasty. Savory French Toast was just average.

Bloody Mary was large and priced fairly. On the spicy side, which is how I like it, with a beer back (accompanied by small glass of beer). Meredith was our super-friendly server.

Liked the place enough to back a second time on my three trip.

• 5 of 5 stars Food