“Friendly service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 52 Hotels in Milwaukee
Dallas, Texas
“Friendly service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

I was at this hotel for 20 days for business. During this time the staff was very friendly and made a point of getting to know me. Although the hotel does not provide breakfast nor complementary coffee, they do have a Bistro which serves breakfast, lunch and light dinners if you do not want to leave the property. Additionally, they have a Starbucks machine and serve all your favorites.. Note: You can not use your Starbucks cards or gain stars. Overall, a clean and friendly place near the airport with several restaurants within 1-2 miles. Firepit in back for sitting back and enjoying the evening, if it is not too COLD.

Room Tip: You can hear the elevator at time in the room next to the elevator
Green Features: Good with linen but could place a recycle bin in the room
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
TimothyRock25, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear Robert,

Thanks for your thoughtful reply. We strive to make every stay enjoyable. Thank you for your confirmation of our efforts. Best regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Minneapolis, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

I have 800 lifetime stays so I know Marriott. This property is 2 years old and seems to be very well maintained. The staff is all wonderful. Great location if you need to be near the airport.

Rooms were comfortable with great beds. One complaint was it was a windy night and I could hear the exhaust fan "flapping" as I was on the top floor. Even with the HVAC on constant fan it was still heard.

Nice workout area and pool/spa. Seemed to be a lot of meetings going on for a Weds night.

The one issue I had was the Bistro was staffed by only 1 person at dinner. The hotel was completely sold out so it was quite busy and slow. Dan did a wonderful job of keeping up but he really should have some help.

I'd stay again.

Room Tip: 4th floor is top
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thanks for your repsonse. We apologize for the noise. On very windy nights -- and we have had a number this winter -- the noise you described occasionally occurs. It does not seem to stay in one place either. We are hoping that the advent of warmer weather will allow us to research and determine the cause.

We hope you return in the future and best regards.
Hartland, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

My husband and I stayed there the night of Jan 1 prior to an early flight the next morning. We chose to park our car in the covered parking structure at the airport and use the hotel shuttle to the airport rather than the hotel park and fly. The front desk staff and bellman were helpful, efficient and friendly and the room was very comfortable. The decor was very appealing - down to artificial pussy willow branches in a vase under a spotlight as you turn on the entry light. A dramatic and welcoming touch, I thought.
The bed was the most comfortable one we have slept in anywhere, in any hotel.
This location is excellent. The shuttle service is perfect- other than the seating layout of the particular van being difficult and cramped for 6 passengers and a toddler and infant in a car seat to get seated. It turns out that that van was not a Courtyard van but one supplied by Riteway Parking, perhaps due to the early time of 4:50 am. Most Courtyard vans we have been in are basically small busses. The shuttle driver was friendly and efficient. A great place to start and end a trip!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Karen,

Thanks so much for your kind comments about our property and staff. I have passed them on to all involved to ensure they know their efforts were appreciated.

We hope you have the opportunity to visit again. We look forward to seeing you. Best regards.
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

We arrived on the 24th in the evening and like another reviewer we also had the best experience with the gentleman that checked us in he was so cheerful, professional and went out of his way to find a connecting room for me and my fellow travelers. He even helped me out with the TV in my room when I arrived it would not turn on and I felt like a ding dong for not making sure the back cord was connected properly before I called but he insisted that is what they are there for! Marriott should be very grateful for him and his customer service. The hotel lobby was great when you walk in to the left there is everything from water to ice cream, snacks even a microwave if you wish to warm something up and amenities you might need for your room. Another BIG plus is two pc's and printer in lobby for your boarding pass. The only bad thing I have to say about the room that was very clean, comfortable and spacious is we were right by the elevator and the noise from guests getting off the elevator and talking before going to their rooms woke me up several times (there were 3 weddings/guests this weekend) and there was also music 24/7 for my stay somewhere and my neighbors heard it also. We could never figure out from where but it was constant and annoying I had to turn on the room fan for white noise to block it out. I don't know if it as another room or possibly the music they play outside the hotel?

Room Tip: Room away from elevators.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
TimothyRock25, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding your recent stay at our property. I apologize for the elevator noise and for noise emanating from guestrooms where wedding guests were staying. And, I believe you are right about the music. I have taken steps to ensure that the music level outside is checked every night and reduced if necessary.

I will make sure to pass your comments on to our staff. Thanks again and we hope you have the opportunity to visit us again in the future.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

I stayed here last night and the gentleman who checked me in was the nicest personi have dealt with in a long time, unfortunately I can't remember his name but hopefully the management can figure out who was working last night! It's a fairly new hotel and the room was spacious and well lit and the bathroom was very nice.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Thanks for your comments about the service you received from a member of our staff. I believe Leonard checked you in. I can tell you that he is nice all the time, not just when checking in guests. He is an asset to our organization. I thank you for pointing his service out.

We hope you choose us again for your travel needs.
Dubuque, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

This is a newer airport hotel in a safe neighborhood. We stayed two nights in the last week. The rooms are very clean, as is the whole hotel. We did not use the pool or eat at the hotel. The food smelled very good. We did use the airport park and fly, and this was perfect. The back side of the hotel has houses and what seems as a nice neighborhood. It was very quiet, and my wife and myself mentioned that. The front is on the street and I enjoyed watching the traffic. The traffic in no way kept me awake. Everyone that works in this hotel is very kind and helpful.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent comments. We pride ourselves on the service we provide. Your comments are a confirmation we're doing it right. By the way, we have many guests who like to take walks at night and they have commented as well about how quaint and safe the neighborhood is surrounding our property.

Please come again and stay with us.
Cape Coral, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I have been staying here for the last 3 years and this is a great location. Just minutes from the airport with restaurants close by. I never leave the property as the Bistro is ore than sufficient. The staff are very friendly and the staff in the Bistro are engaging and attentive.

One of my favorite Marriott properties. I like consistency and this location has that!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thanks so much for your comments and your continued patronage of our facility. We appreciate your confidence in the service we provide. We hope to have the opportunity to have you as a guest of ours again.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Airport? Share your experiences!