“Very nice stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 52 hotels in Milwaukee
Plainfield, Illinois
“Very nice stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Great hotel, new, modern and the staff is fantastic. We came up for Summerfest for two days and both days they ran us to and from the park and ride shuttle service area when we requested, no issues, that is service. The outside siting area is nice and the rooms are very nice, a little compact but laid out very well. We will stay here again when we come up to Milwaukee again. Good location and half the price of the downtown hotels.

Room Tip: We had a king with sofa on the first floor facing the road and it was quiet and easy to get to and f...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Clint W, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Pizzamanmke:

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Airport while in Milwaukee. Summerfest is a great festival and I was so glad to hear that our shuttle service to and from the park and ride lot was a great convenience to you.

I will make sure to share your kind comments with all of our associates.

101 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
PAINESVILLE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

I had a chance to stay at this hotel recently for a business trip. First of all, it is convenient and has some fine restaurant close by that are within walking distances. The room I had was very nice and comfortable. It is clean and the bed is comfortable. The service was good. The morning breakfast (came with our room rate) was prepared well. Overall, I would recommend this hotel.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Clint W, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Hoang P:

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent business trip to the Milwaukee area. I will make certain to share your comments with our staff.

Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

The design and layout of the hotel is contemporary and ergonomic. Service was very goods, and the bed was comfy. I didn't have a chance to try the "Bistro", but the menu was appealing and the amosphere nice.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Marbella123:

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Airport for your recent trip to Milwaukee. I will make sure to share your kind comments with our entire staff. We invite you to dine in the Bistro next time you are in the area. We feature a number of seasonal entrees for both breakfast and dinner that rotate every three months.

WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Had a girl's weekend/staycation and stayed at this hotel. We loved the big modern rooms, the wonderful location, and the nice fire pit and outdoor seating area. The only thing that we puzzled over was the fridge in our room. I've never seen one with instructions, and I'm sure it's very eco-friendly, but when we woke up Sunday morning and our leftovers from Saturday nights dinner were inedible we were a little peeved. I'm sure we will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Hello:

Thank you very much for taking time out of your day to post feedback regarding your recent trip to our hotel. Thank you for the wonderful comments regarding the hotel and the modern appeal. I do however want to apologize for the refrigerator issue. We do have refrigerators that are eco friendly however they should not behave in that manner. There is a "super chill" button that if pressed cools the refrigerator very quickly and there's and idle button.

We will make sure to check on that specific refrigerator to ensure it does not happen again in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Great location to everything down Layton ave. close to the airport, and close to various shopping centers.Very clean rooms and great housekeepers. Nice pool for the kids and game room. Overall we had a great week there and since our family lives there we have now found our hotel of choice in Milwaukee.

• Stayed May 2013
Clint W, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for your kind comment regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I will be sure to share your comments with our entire staff.

Ottawa, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night on a business trip. The room was very spacious. There was a bedroom area with a tv, a sitting area with a couch and another tv and a bathroom area with a couple of sinks and a refrigerator. The bed was very comfortable with a big fluffy comforter. They have a happy hour from 5:30 to 7 at the hotel next door that you get a voucher for. Free draft beer and wine. At 7:30 they bring in pizzas.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to provide our hotel with great feedback regarding your recent stay.

First of all I want to send well wishes to your husband on a speedy recovery from his heart surgery at St. Lukes hospital.

I was also glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and that our proximity to St. Lukes Aurora hospital was convenient for your needs.

We look forward to welcoming you to Milwaukee the next time your travels bring you here.

Zion, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

My husband needed heart surgery at Aurora St. Luke's Medical Center and this hotel was perfect for my needs. We came from out of state and I had a hard time finding a room available most places I called that were close to the hospital as it was during the Memorial Day Weekend and the Harley Davidson 110th anniversary celebrations. I really wanted to get a room at this hotel as it is situated about 3.5 miles from the hospital and easy to get to. I did try booking on the internet and also thru a reservation service; neither choice showed available rooms. I did have better luck calling the hotel directly. I had to settle for a double queen, even though I did not need the extra bed, as the singles were all reserved and the price of the room reflected that. I could have gotten a room at a budget hotel, but I liked the feeling of security the more upscale hotels provide as I was by myself, so I felt I got what I paid for. This hotel does cater to business travelers and the hotel and room motif reflects that. Although I did not have time or the need to visit the little cafe in the lobby, have breakfast, or use the pool or fitness machines, everything I saw was clean, well set up and user friendly. I had a room on the third floor; the room proved to be quiet even though the place was booked up with two weddings, several bikers, professionals from out of town, and a Moose Lodge on a chartered bus trip. The room amenities were great, the bed was very comfortable, the TV set and bathroom were in satisfactory working order. Maid service was very attentive. This hotel does not prove room service. I did get a take out order from a nearby restaurant called El Fugeo on Layton Ave. If you like Mexican fare, I would definitely give this a try. If ever I have to be in Milwaukee again, I would want to stay here again.

Room Tip: My room was on the 3rd floor all the way to the west end of the building. Very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest:

Clint Wills

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Airport? Share your experiences!