“Very Clean, Comfortable and Quiet” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Mobile Check-In
Ranked #26 of 53 Hotels in Milwaukee
Zion, Illinois
“Very Clean, Comfortable and Quiet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

My husband needed heart surgery at Aurora St. Luke's Medical Center and this hotel was perfect for my needs. We came from out of state and I had a hard time finding a room available most places I called that were close to the hospital as it was during the Memorial Day Weekend and the Harley Davidson 110th anniversary celebrations. I really wanted to get a room at this hotel as it is situated about 3.5 miles from the hospital and easy to get to. I did try booking on the internet and also thru a reservation service; neither choice showed available rooms. I did have better luck calling the hotel directly. I had to settle for a double queen, even though I did not need the extra bed, as the singles were all reserved and the price of the room reflected that. I could have gotten a room at a budget hotel, but I liked the feeling of security the more upscale hotels provide as I was by myself, so I felt I got what I paid for. This hotel does cater to business travelers and the hotel and room motif reflects that. Although I did not have time or the need to visit the little cafe in the lobby, have breakfast, or use the pool or fitness machines, everything I saw was clean, well set up and user friendly. I had a room on the third floor; the room proved to be quiet even though the place was booked up with two weddings, several bikers, professionals from out of town, and a Moose Lodge on a chartered bus trip. The room amenities were great, the bed was very comfortable, the TV set and bathroom were in satisfactory working order. Maid service was very attentive. This hotel does not prove room service. I did get a take out order from a nearby restaurant called El Fugeo on Layton Ave. If you like Mexican fare, I would definitely give this a try. If ever I have to be in Milwaukee again, I would want to stay here again.

Room Tip: My room was on the 3rd floor all the way to the west end of the building. Very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank ScottyLover45
Clint W, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to provide our hotel with great feedback regarding your recent stay.

First of all I want to send well wishes to your husband on a speedy recovery from his heart surgery at St. Lukes hospital.

I was also glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and that our proximity to St. Lukes Aurora hospital was convenient for your needs.

We look forward to welcoming you to Milwaukee the next time your travels bring you here.

Bloomington, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My family stayed here and were very pleased. The staff were friendly and helpful, offering dining suggestions and then asking about our night when we returned. The bed was very comfortable and I especially appreciated that the minifridge was for my actual use, not a minibar that charged me if I moved one thing.

We didn't bring out swimsuits so we didn't use the pool/hot tub, but it looked nice a clean.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank dustyzz75
Clint W, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Airport during your time in the Milwaukee Airport area. I was so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our associates took a personal interest in your enjoyment of the evening. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Courtyard by Marriott the next time you are in town.

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

This hotel is quite new and I loved it. It was convenient to the airport and the train, both of which I used. The beds were super, super comfortable and, I know it's a little thing, but I loved that instead of overhead lights, there were lots of strategically located lamps, so you could light what you needed to effectively. I expected to hear airplanes, but heard nothing but the occasional distant sound of a train whistle during the night. The restaurant was so-so and only open some hours. The first night, we had a very good server who was cheerful and put my beer in a glass with a wedge of orange (which is how the particular beer is usually served). The second night, the server was disinterested, didn't offer me a glass and ignored us once we had our food. The burgers were good though. In the morning, when I got a shuttle to the train station, it turned out the manager was driving (he doesn't usually) and we had a nice chat about the new hotel. I would stay there again. It's superior for an airport hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank RottHound
Hello:

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to provide us with honest feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I was very happy to hear that our hotel and ammenities suited your travel purpose well. Courtyard by Marriott has worked with many guests and focus groups to develop the exact room you see at Courtyards throughout the nation today.

I apologize that you received sub par service from one of our night bistro attendants. We pride ourselves on providing not only a great product but also exceptional customer service. I will ensure to share your comments with all staff members and use your comments as a training tool for our Bistro attendants.

panama city, florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

This is a new Courtyard by Marriott just 3 minutes from the airport. The bright and new design is based on professional business travelers needs. Convenient location to services, downtown, shopping etc. The bistro products are surprisingly acceptable and a choice of beverages.

Room Tip: This is a new hotel I would like to say all rooms are good. Mine was fine but this is my first time...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank pitstop53
Clint W, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Hello:

I was very happy to read your review and how accommodating you felt the hotel was during your recent business trip. The Courtyard by Marriott brand was build by and for the Business traveler for the most part. We do however feature a swimming pool, whirlpool and outdoor fire pit in our large patio that many leisure travelers have also come to enjoy.

Thank you once again for your honest feedback.

Regina, Sk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

This hotel has a great restaurant and an excellent lobby area. The hotel is perfect for a business traveler.

The hotel offers a free shuttle for travelers to and from the airport which is very convenient.

The rooms were clean. The staff was excellent.

Room Tip: Avoid getting a room on the front side of the building. In the wind the metal cladding thumps a bit...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank skfandbtraveler
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Airport. Thank you for your kind comments regarding your stay. I will be sure to share them with our entire staff.

I apologize that you heard some noise from the vent cover outside of your room. We have found that a few rooms do indeed have that issue when it is very windy outside. We have begun to correct those issues and it should no longer be an issue.

Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Relatively new hotel; clean and comfortable with close proximity to the airport. Staff is friendly and accommodating.the shuttle driver was a most pleasant chap especially for that hour of the morning! Great option when visiting this city.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank garfield2009
Clint W, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Hello:

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott as your hotel of choice during your recent visit to Milwaukee. Thank you for your kind comments I will make certain that I convey them to the housekeeping and front desk staffs.

In our market we offer a variety of items at different costs. Unfortunately due to the low volume of sales and the size of the outlet we are unable to secure pricing that allows us to offer the same prices as other larger convenience stores or grocery stores. We do attempt to price them as low as possible and still maintain a low margin of profit.

Hortonville, Wisconsin, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Desk staff were exceptionally friendly, professional staff. Looks to be an extremely new facility or at least totally redone, beautiful décor. Loved that they had a Starbucks in the lobby area. Workout room and pool area were very nice. The entire facility was spotless. Our room was very comfortable and nicely decorated. Good value for the money.

My only bad point, was that no matter what we asked for, be it water, candy or snacks, it was all the same cost. I thought that was a bit odd and felt that it was a bit overpriced.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sharon L
Hello:

Thank you for posting such kind comments about your April stay at our hotel. We pride ourselves in providing exceptional customer service and I'm proud that we were able to live up to our own high standards.

Our 24-hour convenience market does have separate prices for all of our items however a few may be at the same price point. Unfortunately the products you buy in our market will be a little more expensive then you would find in a larger chain store as we do not have the volume that the larger stores have and cannot get the discounts they receive.

Thank you once again for choosing to stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Airport.