“Outstanding staff and hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #20 of 53 Hotels in Milwaukee
Bonita Springs, Florida
“Outstanding staff and hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Karen picked me up at the airport. She was all smiles and made me feel most important. My room was gorgeous, overlooking a courtyard with a fire pit. The fire pit was sensational and gave my colleagues and I a great place to relax and socialize. The meeting room was easy to find, perfect temperature and enough outlets to accommodate all of our computers. Mathew, you are the best. I still do not know how you took care of feeding all of us, but you did and you did it with smiles. Clint, my hat is off to you. You never said no, and we did give you some challenges. Thank you all.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Clint W, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Hello:

Thank you so much for your kind responses regarding your recent stay at our hotel. At the Courtyard by Marriott we pride ourselves in providing the newest hotel in the Milwaukee Airport area as well as providing exceptional customer service.

I'm very glad to hear that we lived up to our own high standards during your recent stay. I will be sure to share your kind comments with our entire staff.

Clint Wills

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
San Simeon, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

We were happy with the king bed room- nice decor, comfy bed, large bathroom. Staff was nice, but don't eat at their "bistro." Overpriced and bland. There are restaurants (Culver's, Taco Bell, Beer Belly's) within walking distance and definitely within a short drive. We didn't try them, but they can't be any worse than the hotel food. Quick 10 minute drive to downtown. Shuttle pick up from Amtrak airport station took 30 minutes, but it seemed that they had limited staff working that night. Next day we hopped on the shuttle right away at the hotel to go to the airport. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Get the top floor- we had an elephant staying in the room above us.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Clint W, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Hello:

Thank you for your honest feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed and clean and quiet stay at our hotel. Our hotel is currently ranked #2 out of all Courtyard by Marriott hotels in cleanliness of the guest room overall. We pride ourselves in providing each guest with a fresh clean room and a great experience during their stay.

I'm sorry to hear that you felt the Bistro food options that you chose were bland. If possible I would love to hear which selections you made so that maybe we can look at specifically what the issue was. If you have any time in the near future please email me directly so that we can address your experience specifically.

Thank you once again for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

clint.wills@marriott.com
Cleveland, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

This is a Courtyard that changed the restaurant area, adding a counter to make food purchases. They bring out your hot entrée when it is ready. No problem with the concept, but I was put off by paying in advance and being presented with a ticket that had a place to enter a gratuity before calculating the total. I usually don't tip at a fast food bar but gave them the benefit of the doubt and added fifteen percent, in anticipation of good service. I carried my coffee to a table. A few minutes later a staff person placed my hot breakfast sandwich in front of me, complete with a small fruit cup. He quickly disappeared. I looked down and noticed that breakfast did not include either a napkin or any utensils. I ate the sandwich by hand and used my fingers for the fruit cup, then found my own napkin. Upon checkout when I expressed my concern about the lack of service, the desk clerk suggested that I post my complaint here. Very strange for sure. They also need to have a sign warning that they serve only Starbucks. Too bad, burned coffee just isn’t my thing either.

Room Tip: If you have a problem don't bother complaining to the hotel staff of asking for a manager who is...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
I’m very sorry that this was the way in which your minor complaint was handled. This is absolutely not the way in which we train our associates to handle complaints. If there is a guest complaint the front desk is trained to do whatever they can to resolve it while the guest is still on property. If they are unable to resolve the issue in a satisfactory manner with the guest they must alert a manager.

In regards to the issues you experienced at our hotel I would once again like to apologize. The Bistro restaurant and lounge is the new concept for Courtyard by Marriott’s and all will soon be converted to this concept. Marriott has chosen this concept to closely resemble the Panera bread chain concept of fast casual service. The fact that you were not furnished with silverware or even asked if you required anything else when your breakfast selection was delivered is simply unacceptable.

Once again I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences and the lack of service you experienced while staying at our hotel. At the Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee airport we hold ourselves to the highest standards not only in regards to the level of our product but also the service that we provide to each and every guest. I’m very sorry that we fell short of even our own standards during your stay. I do however want to thank you very much for bringing this issue to my attention. Its honest feedback from guests such as yourself that help us get better and further train our associates.

I hope that the next time you are in town you will give the Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Airport another chance as I will ensure you that you will experience much better customer service.
Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Beautiful, recently renovated Courtyard. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Great location, minutes from the airport and only 10-12 minutes to downtown Milwaukee. Room was very nice and comfortable and modern!

I'll definitely return next time I'm in MIlwaukee!

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you very much for providing your kind comments on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at your hotel. We are always very pleased when guests comment not just if they had an issue but also if they had a great experience at our hotel.

I will ensure to share your kind comments with all of our associates.

Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Having stayed at many Courtyards and other Marriott Hotels, we picked this one because of its closeness to the Milwaukee airport. It was adequate as far as accommodations in the room, but seemed to be a bit overpriced. If you don't want the food and drink offerings of the Bistro restaurant and it's hours of being open, then your only choices are the restaurants that would require a car or delivery services. Really out in the middle of nowhere if coming from the north as hotel is difficult to get to due to road construction. Front desk person was very helpful and offered us luggage cart to bring everything inside. Parking is free and lots of it.
Perhaps if not traveling on holiday week, then room price would be a bit more reasonable.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to post a review about your recent stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Airport.

I was very glad to hear that the front desk staff was helpful and courteous during your stay. At the Courtyard by Marriott we pride ourselves in providing excellent customer service.

We do indeed have an on-site restaurant and lounge called the Bistro. The Bistro is a newer concept restaurant for the Courtyard by Marriott brand and is being rolled out to all Courtyard by Marriotts around the country. The Bistro is a fast casual restaurant very similar to a Panera bread.

If one of our guests are looking for a restaurant with different offerings then our Bistro we do have a wide array of restaurants within a three mile radius of the hotel. There is a great steak house called the Packing House just 1 mile down the road from us, a great Italian restaurant Tenutas and many others.

While we would love to welcome each and every guest to our Bistro and lounge we realize that many guests would like the opportunity to experience other local restaurants. The front desk staff along with our signature GoBoard houses many different dining options.

Thank you once again for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Airport. We look forward to welcoming you the next time you are in the Milwaukee area.

Charlotte, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We needed a quick stop near the airport before heading to see family the next morning. This hotel was a pleasant surprise. Totally modernized for a Courtyard. Comfortable. Bar was open when we got there (9:45 pm). Firepit was ablaze outside and we were able to sit, relax and enjoy that.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Clint W, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Courtyard by Marriott for your short stay in the Milwaukee airport area. I'm glad that you were able to enjoy our Bistro lounge and also our signature fire pit. All new Courtyard by Marriotts have the new Bistro concept and also the fire pit so you are sure to enjoy the same ammenities when traveling elsewhere in the United States.

Thank you so much again for choosing to stay with us.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

This was such a great hotel with great, friendly associates. From the moment we walked in the door, Krista was able to assist us. We arrived at about 10:00am and had three rooms to check in. I had neglected to call the night before to see if the rooms would be available, but to my surprise they were! Not only was Krista able to help change the names on the rooms, change all the rooms to king rooms instead of what they were originally booked under (two queens), but she was also able to keep us all in the same area! Not only did she go above what I had expected, she did it with a smile and while assisting other guests. Top notch service. She even informed us that the breakfast area would be closing shortly, but that the starbucks was always open and that they'd be turning on the fire pit later that evening. This was the only in depth interaction we had with an associate, but even the housekeepers in the hallway were always kind and smiling. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone!

Room Tip: The rooms on the north side of the hotel overlook a courtyard area with a firepit.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Hello:

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay. I'm very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to check-in to your rooms early. We always do our very best to check guests in early before standard check-in time whenever the rooms are available.

Its also great to hear that everyone you encountered was very friendly especially Krista at the front desk. She is definetely one of our shining stars at the front desk. I will ensure to share all of your kind comments with our entire staff.

Clint Wills

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Airport? Share your experiences!