“Disappointing holiday visit” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Burlington, Vermont
“Disappointing holiday visit”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

While home, went to get my favorite local burger on a pretzel roll and was disappointed that the whole menu was changed for the holiday week. Ok, switched gears and got a turkey burger (begged waitress for a pretzel roll to no avail) and bun was greasy. Waited a long time for it also. Have to say it was my first bad experience here but will make me think about going next time in town. I like consistency and there was none here. Poor and slow service with mediocre food this time.

Wisconsin
“Go for the drinks, not the food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

The decor is awesome looking and the number of beers they have it great. I'm not a beer snob by any measure, but I love wheat beers and this is a place I can get a wide selection.
As for the food, I don't know why I always think I'm going to get better at one of these Lowland Group Restaurants. Every one I have been to has average food. Not bad, but not great - nothing special.
They always look so cool, so hip and the menus sound delicious. And I'm disappointed every time. Grrr.
Go for drinks and a fun place to hang out. Don't go if you are expecting great food.

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
milwaukee
“Very, very good food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Stopped in for lunch during the week. The food was very good as well as the service. The reason I did not give it five stars is that I had ordered the Marrakesh Shrimp & Chicken and there was no shrimp. The waitress must have overheard me and she said to keep looking, there was shrimp. I did and there wasn't. She came back and apologized, said she had ordered me the Chicken Rice Bowl (different dishes but both very good). She did offer to replace mine with what I had originally ordered or bring me some shrimp to add to what I had. We didn't have a lot of time so I just asked for her to bring the shrimp and I would add it to what I already had. She charged me for the Chicken Rice Bowl (less expensive). I know it doesn't sound like a lot ($2 difference), but to me, that and great food is what makes the difference between a great restaurant and a really, really good one.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Miami, Florida
“One of the very bright spots in Bayview”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

Have now been to this café twice, once sitting indoors and once enjoying the outdoor patio. Both times I have felt very comfortable, enjoyed the meal, did not feel that it was overpriced, and had good service. This area of Bayview is developing very nicely and café Centraal is one of the bright spots in the area. If you visit when the weather is warm, Asked to sit in the outdoor patio and enjoy a relaxing afternoon or evening. Many different beers are available to sample. A great place to meet friends and/or watch a game on the widescreen TVs

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Pub Atmosphere with Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We vistited Cafe Centraal for lunch last week. Everything on the menu sounds so delicious and it was difficult to make a choice. My friend ordered the Chicken Coq au Vin and couldn't stop talking about how great it was. I had the Bayview Burger and it was a bit overcooked (I ordered it medium rare). The server immediately fixed it and I was brought a new burger and fries within minutes. The burger was delicious! I would definitely visit again.

Visited November 2012