“Nice place to eat with great views” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Sail Loft is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #141 of 1,409 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Henderson, Nevada
“Nice place to eat with great views”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

We ate dinner here while attending a conference in Milwaukee. The place is close to the Wisconsin Center via a short cab ride. The restaurant has outdoor seating overlooking the water, which is very pleasant. We sat outside, but moved inside because it was a little cool. The restaurant wasn't very crowded, which was nice. They have a decent sized menu. I had a flat iron steak and it was cooked perfectly. We happened to be there for the trivia contest, so we played. The 'regulars' were annoyed that we ended up winning the trivia game and were loud about it. The food and service were both very good. I would come here again.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Mequon, Wisconsin
“Great Seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

I've been to the Sail Loft 5 or 6 times and I've never been disappointed. I always order fish, last night a halibut special and it was delicious. We had the tuna tower appetizer, and my husband and I enoyed it very much. It was a beautiful evening to dine outside and we enjoyed watching the boats go by, and watching the sun set over Milwaukee.

• Visited July 2014
Aurora, Illinois
“Good food, great view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I had lunch here with a group of 8 girls this past weekend as part of a bachelorette party. I used to live in Milwaukee and had never heard of the Sail Loft and now I'm kind of bummed that I had never been there! It's right next to Summerfest, very easy walking distance to everything else in Third Ward/downtown. Good food, good music, awesome outdoor seating right on the river with a great view! Loved it!

• Visited June 2014
Wisconsin
“Very Good Food with an Excellent Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Had dinner on Friday 5/9. Service was very friendly and attentive.

We had crab cakes that were loaded with crab, and moist. The Tempura asparagus was to die for-- firm, not greasy, lightly breaded, and served with a citrus teriyaki sauce. We shared a grilled cod dinner. The fillet was huge. Here is where Sail Aloft garnered extra points: Our fish was not cooked to my husband's liking, and asked for it to be cooked a little more well-done, or done-done as I say, they did without reservation. But, then the chef came out to check if we were satisfied. Nicely done.

The location is in the Milwaukee Harbour, just west of the Hoan Bridge. Nice breeze, view of the sky line, and beautiful sunsets. It's one of our favorite places to go in the summer for beverages, this time we ate.

We will be back to try more of the expansive menu.

• Visited May 2014
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Easter brunch cancelled had resv 1month in advance called 4 days before to tell us. Thanks”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

Used to like the place and had reservations for 11 people on Easter Sunday over a month in advance. Owner Jefrery did not make enough money the past 2 Easters so he had a very Rude employee call us Four days before Easter although Jeffery made his decision 2weeks before Easter. Impossible to make reservation at decent restaurant 4 days in advance for 11people. We e-mailed and sent a letter and when I got him on the line he said it was a business decision and being open would not be profitable because the reservation were not filled up on Easter. The A-Hole never apologized and was all about this being a business decision. All about him. Terrible business person. Rude

• Visited March 2014