“Went for the view, blown away by the food!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Sail Loft is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #137 of 1,408 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Michigan
“Went for the view, blown away by the food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

So we went to the Sail Loft for the outdoor deck. It is at the bend in the river and gets a great breeze from the Lake. We we blown away by how good the food was! Crab Cake appetizer OMG. Fish Tacos made with large portions of grilled Mahi! Incredible "Surf and Turf Burger"...seriously...it had shrimp on it! Wow. Can't wait to go again.

Visited July 2013

Chicago, Illinois
“Atmosphere and food too!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Admittedly, we went with a. Groupon, so didn't have the highest of expectations. Way on the end of Erie sits this restaurant, with a warm inviting, yet fun atmosphere. A beautiful boat is hanging from the ceiling and water views all around. Roomy, comfy booths. With the Groupon we only had to order appetizers and beer, weren't planning on a full meal. We had the peel 'n eat shrimp and the artichoke spinach dip which came with the thinnest, crispest chips. It was delicious. We topped it off with the three truffle dessert, just divine. I can't wait to go back for entrees. Also, when we told the server we needed to be done in time for the theatre, he was very accommodating. I would like to go back in the warm weather to better appreciate it.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Brussel sprouts - who knew?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Despite mixed reviews, decided to give this place a try. Would be a great place to sit outside in summer! But alas, being January, we sat next to big windows instead, but we still enjoyed the view. Service was good; our server was very friendly. My friend had the fish tacos and wasn't impressed--felt they were a bit blah. I had the Grilled Scottish Salmon, which was cooked perfectly at medium rare and tasted great (consistent with what other reviews stated), and the Pancetta Brussel Sprouts instead of the mashed potatoes. I never knew brussel sprouts could taste SO good! With bacon and garlic...they truly were fantastic. Not healthy at all--the way they were doctored up--but to me, unforgettable. I will definitely be back for more!

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hatley
“Just what we've been looking for in Milwaukee”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We have been looking for a decent seafood restaurant in Milwaukee for when we are here on business or to take off to sunny destinations from the airport (we live 3 hours away). This trip to Milwaukee was to drop my daughter off at the airport as she is in the Air Force and will be stationed in Italy for the next 2 years. We wanted to take her somewhere special, cost is no matter if the meal is decent. It was excellent. My daughter had the sesame crusted seared tuna with wasabi mashed potatoes - she loved it and wanted more. I had the shrimp po boy and it was delicious. The only thing that wouldve made it better would have been some spicy coleslaw on it. My husband had the fish n chips and it was a huge portion that he could not finish. The fish was light and not greasy at all. We found this place accidentally because of Groupon. We will be back.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Good food but a little pricey for what I got”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

My wife and I decided to try this place and we ordered marlin with red peper risotto and my wife had a burger with fries. Also we had 2 tap beers which i think they were like $6 each. We both like our meals but my marlin what very small for i think like $25. Like i said food was good but not happy with the beer prices or my meal. The burger was like $9 so it was not bad. I think it could be a good place to go during the summer since it is near the river.

• Visited October 2012