Arrived around 10PM on a Friday night, greeted by friendly concierge. Room was as advertised, clean, with nice amenities. Breakfast room was quite small, but contained adequate provisions.
There is a heavy Marquette student presence in the immediate area, and some somewhat shady characters as well. Several bars and restaurants within a couple minutes walking.
Inn is within walking distance of downtown, took my wife and I about 45 minutes to reach the art museum. A complimentary shuttle is provided, and we were promptly picked up that evening after calling the front desk and being patched through to the driver. Excellent amenity, given that it was absolutely pouring rain that evening.
Not sure what the other guest's issues were with this hotel. I can honestly say that I wish it had cost a bit less, but it certainly served my needs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly renovated Ambassador Inn in downtown Milwaukee, Wisconsin, caters to business and leisure travelers alike, with well-appointed guest room accommodations, ample amenities, and a complimentary continental breakfast for our guests every morning. A wide range of Milwaukee attractions and venues, including the Bradley Center, home to the NBA’s Milwaukee Bucks, the Frontier Airlines Convention Center, and numerous family-oriented attractions are all a complimentary shuttle ride away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, TravelClick, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, Agoda and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your Ambassador Inn at Marquette reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ambassador Inn @ Marquette Hotel Milwaukee
- Ambassador Hotel Milwaukee Wi