We were traveling to Milwaukee for the night of July 3rd and wanted a downtown hotel room. Most of the rooms downtown were booked. The rooms that weren't booked were outside of the price range we were willing to spend (being July 4th weekend and Summer fest). I found the Ambassador Inn from an online booking site for a good price considering (no refunds). Initially, I thought it was for the Ambassador Hotel and thought, "Wow, I can't turn down the Ambassador for this price" so I booked it right away without digging further into it. After I called the hotel to confirm our booking, I quickly realized that it was actually the Ambassador Inn across the street. Bummer.
This turned out to be a nice little find. They have off street parking, a free shuttle to anywhere within a 3 mile radius (which turns out to be quite a bit), and access to all of the amenities at the Ambassador Hotel across the street. We were allowed early check in and the front desk person was super nice and accommodating. I asked him a lot of questions about things to do, the shuttle, the room, etc. I do not remember his name however. The room was sufficient considering we only slept in it after a day and night on the town. The stairwell and hallway could use a good cleaning/and or upgrade but the room was clean and well put together. They had an in room safe that we were able to put our things in. The shuttle comes every bottom of the hour and after checking in and settling our things, we just missed it. We waited at the bar across the street with Barry the bartender for the next shuttle. He was friendly and a good conversationalist. The shuttle driver gave us some drink tickets for a bar we were headed towards. In the morning, the hotel had coffee and cold breakfast options (bagels, yogurts, etc.).
Overall, I would recommend the Ambassador Inn if you're looking for a less expensive alternative to the Hotel across the street.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly renovated Ambassador Inn in downtown Milwaukee, Wisconsin, caters to business and leisure travelers alike, with well-appointed guest room accommodations, ample amenities, and a complimentary continental breakfast for our guests every morning. A wide range of Milwaukee attractions and venues, including the Bradley Center, home to the NBA’s Milwaukee Bucks, the Frontier Airlines Convention Center, and numerous family-oriented attractions are all a complimentary shuttle ride away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Ambassador Inn at Marquette reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ambassador Inn @ Marquette Hotel Milwaukee
- Ambassador Hotel Milwaukee Wi