We stayed at this hotel because it was close to Summerfest and everything else we wanted to see while we were in Milwaukee for the weekend. The room had a safe, microwave, fridge, coffee maker, and hair dryer. The hotel is very old, built in the 1950's. The stairs and the elevator were a little run down but the room was clean. The bed and pillows were pretty comfortable. The staff was friendly. It is few doors down from the Rave Eagles Club, so there were a lot of college kids staying there when we were there. It got loud a few times during the night as people were returning to their rooms but I sleep with earplugs anyway so I was able to fall back asleep quickly. We had to park across the street because their parking lot was full, but they told us upon check in it might be full by the time we get back from Summerfest at 1am, so we were already prepared. The heads up on parking was helpful. Had we not known ahead of time what to expect and where to park we probably would have been annoyed at that time of the night. Cost was $10 to park and you can come and go as often as you need to. Breakfast was muffins, bagels, cold cereal, juice, yogurt, included in the price. We usually try to stay somewhere that offers something to eat whenever we travel, so the simple continental breakfast at the Inn was just fine. What made me write this review was the fact that the staff was very helpful and were quite calm when I called frantic after returning home to Janesville, realizing that I left my apple laptop in the room. (Guess I had a little too much fun at Summerfest!) I drove back to Milwaukee the next day to pick it up. It was waiting for me at the main hotel across the street (The Ambassador Hotel). I considered myself pretty lucky to have it returned. Talk about not having to worry! They were so nice on the phone and made me feel so comfortable, I did not feel the need to drive back to Milwaukee that night, I went the next morning after getting a good night's sleep. Thank You!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly renovated Ambassador Inn in downtown Milwaukee, Wisconsin, caters to business and leisure travelers alike, with well-appointed guest room accommodations, ample amenities, and a complimentary continental breakfast for our guests every morning. A wide range of Milwaukee attractions and venues, including the Bradley Center, home to the NBA’s Milwaukee Bucks, the Frontier Airlines Convention Center, and numerous family-oriented attractions are all a complimentary shuttle ride away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelClick, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Ambassador Inn at Marquette reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ambassador Inn @ Marquette Hotel Milwaukee
- Ambassador Hotel Milwaukee Wi