“Great staff, clean rooms, comfy beds!” 5 of 5 stars

Ambassador Inn at Marquette
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2301 W Wisconsin Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53233   |
Ranked #47 of 52 Hotels in Milwaukee
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great staff, clean rooms, comfy beds!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Husband an I stayed one night over a weekend for my best friends surprise 50th bday party.
We found the hotel to be charming, clean, friendly staff, great Sunday brunch of unique "tapas style" foods. Neighborhood is being gentrified ( use common sense), Pabst Mansion is 2 blocks away-great tour and lovely to see, Catholic Church of Gesu is a few blocks further down on Marquette's campus -great mass and beautiful stained glass windows. Overall, don't hesitate to stay here!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Milwaukee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

This hotel was very dirty. There was garbage behind dresser from people before and under bed skirt around bottom of mattress. Also TV did not work in our room. Called front desk and they tried to reset tv a couple of times but, did not work. Also there was not ice in any of the machines! Not at all impressed!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Fennimore, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for a wedding that was located at the Domes. They had great service, shuttling all of the guests to and from the wedding. Would recommend for weddings. The Domes were amazing. The location is great close to Miller Park. Several fast food places on the same block. They do charge for parking.

• Stayed February 2014
Mankato, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

I traveled from Minnesota to see a concert at the Rave with a couple friends. We stayed 11/15. As an employee at a hotel myself, I checked the reviews after making the reservation and was a little nervous to stay. After staying I have to say the reviews were nothing like what I experienced!! Rory was excellent at check-in. Very friendly and helpful in finding us a place to get a quick bite to eat before the show. I thought the room was very clean and offered all of the basic necessities. It was a little difficult to find the lights though. We ate at the lounge across the street and the food was a little expensive but if you go at happy hour the apps. are 50% off which was nice. We had no problems getting sleep and we all found the beds to be comfortable. Breakfast selection was slim but was perfect for us as we needed to eat it on the go. As far as the location, I didn't find it to be unsafe at all. As three 22 year old females, we did not once feel unsafe walking around the area. Overall, we had a wonderful stay with no issues. If I am ever back in the area I will definitely consider staying here again!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
West Bend, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

I stayed at the Ambassador Inn this weekend in order to experience the Women's Flat Track Roller Derby championship bouts on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

The hotel had fabulous customer service, it was clean, quiet and comfortable. It seem to take me back to the roaring 20's with décor, photos and music. A very nice change of pace.

Prices in the lounge and restaurant were appropriate and quality higher than expected.

The only inconvenience was the very slow elevator service. I believe it was the very first that Mr. Otis installed in Milwaukee.

I'll be back to enjoy Downtown Milwaukee and the fine dining at the Envoy restaurant.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

I'm here now and cannot wait to go home. The only good thing about this place is the free internet, nice ppl working the front desk, and free shuttle. The housekeeping service is subpar to say the least, sheets have stains, walls are thin, elevator stinks, cable TV constantly freezes to point I can't even watch it, and when I flush the toilet, it sounds like a door is slamming.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Midwest
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

After reading the reviews on here, I was quite a bit apprehensive about staying here. Well, I went through with it and was glad. I would even go back.

How I found the reviews wrong:

1.) The area. It is not that bad. I was expecting much worse. Me and my father walked around the area just fine and were even out past 2:00 a few nights and not worried. If you walk about 2 blocks west of the hotel, it is a bit seedy. It's Milwaukee. Walk to the east of the hotel towards Marquette and it is a very nice walk. We did it several times.

2.) The hotel shuttle. Sure, sure, I'm sure the manager will come on here and reply to my message giving some reason or excuse as he has done each and every other time but... if you are going to pride yourself on the shuttle - you better deserve it. The shuttles are basically two converted airport shuttle type vans. Yes, they leave at 30 minutes after each hour. So leaving is not a problem. Be aware, they did leave early both times we used it. Only 5 minutes and they were full - but they left before the 30 minute time. We caught it both times, no problem. We had to stand once. Took it to Miller Park. Well, we missed the shuttle after the game both times and ended up waiting about an hour the first night and another 30 minutes the second night. The first night, the driver said he'd be leaving Miller Park 30 minutes after the final out, well we were waiting 20 minutes after and he was nowhere to be found. Finally had to call to get another shuttle. The second day, we thought better and went out right after the game. The driver was nowhere to be found and we had to call. There were a lot of other people there besides us as well. Third case - we wanted to go to the casino. Talked to the front desk and booked the 5:30. Went out there 5:15 and they told us a wedding party took precedent. Well, we weren't the only ones squeezed off so they decided to bring us there in a van. No complaint with this. I would give the shuttle a subpar service rating. It is free (besides a tip) though.

Beyond those two points, everything was as expected. Parking was good ($10 across the road), Rooms needed a good renovation but were clean enough, wifi was good, TV was nice, beds were comfy. Didn't even bother with breakfast. Went across the road to Michels Restaurant, definitely recommend this place!

Don't read too much into the reviews, and enjoy your stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends