After reading the reviews on here, I was quite a bit apprehensive about staying here. Well, I went through with it and was glad. I would even go back.
How I found the reviews wrong:
1.) The area. It is not that bad. I was expecting much worse. Me and my father walked around the area just fine and were even out past 2:00 a few nights and not worried. If you walk about 2 blocks west of the hotel, it is a bit seedy. It's Milwaukee. Walk to the east of the hotel towards Marquette and it is a very nice walk. We did it several times.
2.) The hotel shuttle. Sure, sure, I'm sure the manager will come on here and reply to my message giving some reason or excuse as he has done each and every other time but... if you are going to pride yourself on the shuttle - you better deserve it. The shuttles are basically two converted airport shuttle type vans. Yes, they leave at 30 minutes after each hour. So leaving is not a problem. Be aware, they did leave early both times we used it. Only 5 minutes and they were full - but they left before the 30 minute time. We caught it both times, no problem. We had to stand once. Took it to Miller Park. Well, we missed the shuttle after the game both times and ended up waiting about an hour the first night and another 30 minutes the second night. The first night, the driver said he'd be leaving Miller Park 30 minutes after the final out, well we were waiting 20 minutes after and he was nowhere to be found. Finally had to call to get another shuttle. The second day, we thought better and went out right after the game. The driver was nowhere to be found and we had to call. There were a lot of other people there besides us as well. Third case - we wanted to go to the casino. Talked to the front desk and booked the 5:30. Went out there 5:15 and they told us a wedding party took precedent. Well, we weren't the only ones squeezed off so they decided to bring us there in a van. No complaint with this. I would give the shuttle a subpar service rating. It is free (besides a tip) though.
Beyond those two points, everything was as expected. Parking was good ($10 across the road), Rooms needed a good renovation but were clean enough, wifi was good, TV was nice, beds were comfy. Didn't even bother with breakfast. Went across the road to Michels Restaurant, definitely recommend this place!
Don't read too much into the reviews, and enjoy your stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly renovated Ambassador Inn in downtown Milwaukee, Wisconsin, caters to business and leisure travelers alike, with well-appointed guest room accommodations, ample amenities, and a complimentary continental breakfast for our guests every morning. A wide range of Milwaukee attractions and venues, including the Bradley Center, home to the NBA’s Milwaukee Bucks, the Frontier Airlines Convention Center, and numerous family-oriented attractions are all a complimentary shuttle ride away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, TravelClick, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and Odigeo so you can book your Ambassador Inn at Marquette reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ambassador Inn @ Marquette Hotel Milwaukee
- Ambassador Hotel Milwaukee Wi