Myself, wife kids & dog came to town for Paul McCartney. We have a thing for old Art Deco buildings. This one was looking great. They charged an extra $50 for dog, but happy to bring her. Then they put us across the street in a place that smelled of ciggy smoke, no A/C in stair case. This building had a 'looks like it was single room occupancy look to it'. Ugly slug square three story former office building maybe? I do not know. Website, booking staff, desk staff left you with impression that you were going to stay at an old classic. WRONG! Lets talk Parking Three short nightmares, I will treat you to one. Pay $10 to park in a lost across street from dumptel. Go to unload (no unload zone on busy city commercial one way street) then drive very short distance to assigned and paid for parking lot. It's full, and very very hard to turn around in. Go back across street and pull into ramp. Not close but it was upstairs in a not so safe part of town. Next morning, they charge you $20 for ramp park. Tried to keep me on the hook for the previous $10. Price for all of this $350 one night. If they send you across the street - we advise the following. Go outside, call other places, book room. Go back in demand full refund and use term "Bait and Switch". They will back off at a 100 mph. Then get confirmation of cost free cancelation in writing. Go outside call your ccard company and confirm that no charges have been made. Wish we could have seen the Ambassador Inn. But they bait and switched us to the dumptel across the street.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly renovated Ambassador Inn in downtown Milwaukee, Wisconsin, caters to business and leisure travelers alike, with well-appointed guest room accommodations, ample amenities, and a complimentary continental breakfast for our guests every morning. A wide range of Milwaukee attractions and venues, including the Bradley Center, home to the NBA’s Milwaukee Bucks, the Frontier Airlines Convention Center, and numerous family-oriented attractions are all a complimentary shuttle ride away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, TravelClick, Orbitz, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Ambassador Inn at Marquette reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ambassador Inn @ Marquette Hotel Milwaukee
- Ambassador Hotel Milwaukee Wi