“Scammed!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #47 of 53 Hotels in Milwaukee
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Scammed!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I Actually did not stay at this hotel but was charged for a night ($167.00). With that being said, I think I can give a review of the service I experienced.
When calling to cancel, I did NOT receive a cancellation number which I thought was odd, so I asked how will they know I cancelled, the clerk said cuz I just cancelled it. I then said, I do not want to be charged. She snickered and said you won't be charged. Almost the end of the story...
Booking.com gets in touch with me to review this hotel. I reply that I never stayed and cancelled thru the hotel direct (Big mistake!) weeks ago.
Since, I see a charge on my account, so I emailed the hotel and the "manager" promptly gave me a call.
All that to say, our conversation left a very sour taste in my mouth...not even an "i am sorry".
I am in the process of getting a phone record but that will prove only that I called, after making another reservation, not that I cancelled. :(
Truly disappointed. We visit Milwaukee almost every year for the past 25. It one of my favorite places. So please visit Milwaukee but
Based on the lack of empathy (not a refund), stay somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank fitz49525
jjossart, Manager at Ambassador Inn at Marquette, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
As is customary in the industry, guests will receive a confirmation number verbally at time of cancellation. In addition, e-mail cancellations are sent immediately (if e-mail given) confirming a cancellation and stipulating the cancellation number given at time of cancellation. We do not have a current direct complaint from this guest, as we would have been more than willing to work with the guest to research the cancellation request with the guest directly.

Madison, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

This hotel has lots of charm but be careful when booking your room. We thought we were at the Ambassador Inn but we were booked at the Ambassador Inn - Marquette, which is across the street and a much lower quality hotel. The beds were smaller than advertised and there was a dirty tissue in the corner of the bedroom area that was not ours. There was only 1 trash can, located in the main area and parking was an extra $10 fee. However, the parking lot was safe and clean, and the area is heavily patrolled by police so there wasn't a worry about car theft or damage. The shuttle to and from Summerfest was absolutely awesome and the drivers were wonderful - do not forget to tip them for their incredible customer service! :-) They completed and complimented the hotel experience for us.

Room Tip: No rooms have balconies but the workout facility was very nice and had cold, bottled water.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NikoleAshley
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Ambassador Inn. The Ambassador Inn and the Ambassador Inn at Marquette are the same property. Our housekeeping staff takes great pride in provding the cleanest rooms in Milwaukee. We would never want any of our guests to receive a room that is not complete and ready to be occupied. Our shuttle service is a very popular amenity of the Ambassador Inn and Thank you for your kind remarks towards our shuttle staff. We are sharing them with the staff. Thank you again for choosing the Ambassador Inn and we look forward to your return.
Marathon, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Stayed here for one night with husband. Room was fine but a bit dark. We were across from a public door so heard it opening and closing a lot in the morning. Paid US $130 (a bit expensive for this hotel).

Had free shuttle bus to and from the stadium, so that was a plus. Free parking was across the side street.

Had big towels so you were able to wrap them around you, another plus.

There was not a lot of channels to choose from on the TV-alot of crappy American shows . Batteries in the remote control were dead. Had to go down to front desk to get new ones.

The elevator was dark and stale smelling.

Bathroom door was dirty and had paint peeling off it. It needs to be updated.

In conclusion: would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Dana B
Tokyo Prefecture, Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

This hotel is what you think it is. Its an older place in a less-glamourous part of the city. Its not bad at all though. The interior and public spaces have seen much better days, but the room itself was quite good except for the desk chair. The beds were a tad soft, but comfy. Good linens and pillows. The desk chair was comfortable for sitting, but not for using a computer for extended periods or any other work at the desk.

Getting to and from the hotel was easy due to a close off ramp from the freeway. Harley-Davidson and Miller factories and offices are nearby. They have a free shuttle downtown though I didnt use it. And free covered and/or uncovered parking. Taco Bell is just across the street (huge plus for me).

Its reasonably affordable, clean enough, and probably central enough for most travellers. There is a concert hall just down the street which can make the area noisy after the show lets out, etc., but the night I was there is was perfectly quiet. Ask for a room further back in the hotel to avoid the noise from Wisconsin Ave.

Check-in staff was friendly and knowledgable. Morning guy seemed ambivalent about being there so a lack of consistency across the service levels. Breakfast was very minimal and a small room. I didnt partake. My room had a microwave and a small fridge, so good for a few things.

Room Tip: Staying further back in the hotel will minimize street noise from Wisconsin Ave. May want to inquir...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Greg893
Hyderabad, India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We visited milwakee from March 29-31st and stayed in Ambassador Inn on 29th. We stayed only for a day and had to a checkout because my family never felt safe in the hotel.There was loud music being played and a party going in our adjacent room.We complained to the person at reception so that we can be given a different room.But the hotel refused.We had to take a different hotel(residence Inn) which was wonderful.

The breakfast this hotel was terrible.This is not a family friendly place at all.Please do not visit if you have small children.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Alok P

Travelers are raving about these Milwaukee hotels

Sussex, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Great service friendly staff bar staff entertaining and helpful shuttle service around Milwaukee which was a bonus cheap and friendly driver well worth it would recommend it anytime. Great cocktail night too

• Stayed December 2012