Stayed in this Hotel for 10 days. Was a little apprehensive after reading some of the reviews, but it was cheap and relatively central for the price. This Hotel isn't sparkling clean. When other reviewers say it is old, its not old in a charming historic way, and really just needs a little polish here and there etc. The rooms weren't cleaned to a really high standard (There were bottle caps and burnt matches on the floor near my bedside locker), but it was fine. Large TV, fridge, microwave, shower, bath, toiletries coffee, etc. were all fine. Breakfast was rubbish though, packaged rubbery danish pastrys, cereal and bad coffee and yoghurt. Juice was ok. So don't take this into account when pricing your hotels. Had excellent dinner in the bar in the Ambassador Hotel across the road though. Staff were all really nice and friendly in the Inn. Best of all, guests have access to the hourly shuttle bus service running from the Ambassador Hotel across the road, which has its final run from downtown at midnight. Excellent. Some reviewers commented on the hotel being in a bad neighbourhood. When I told people in Milwaukee that I was staying here, their response was generally "oooh that's in the ghetto". Although I was informed by the shuttle driver that some of the surrounding neighbourhoods can be dangerous, the main route (West Wisconsin Avenue) from the hotel to downtown is fine, and I walked it several times at night. There were some dodgy looking people banging around at times, but none more than you would find in many European cities, and it wasnt that noisy a neighbourhood at night.
Overall great value for money
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly renovated Ambassador Inn in downtown Milwaukee, Wisconsin, caters to business and leisure travelers alike, with well-appointed guest room accommodations, ample amenities, and a complimentary continental breakfast for our guests every morning. A wide range of Milwaukee attractions and venues, including the Bradley Center, home to the NBA’s Milwaukee Bucks, the Frontier Airlines Convention Center, and numerous family-oriented attractions are all a complimentary shuttle ride away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, TravelClick and Hotels.com so you can book your Ambassador Inn at Marquette reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ambassador Inn @ Marquette Hotel Milwaukee
- Ambassador Hotel Milwaukee Wi