“My Overnight Stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 52 hotels in Milwaukee
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“My Overnight Stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

It was an overall great experience. There was some confusion about the shuttle service to the casino, but I love the decor of the hotel. It also has wonderful amenities. I would recommend The Ambassador to all who visit Milwaukee.

624 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Hampshire, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

The Ambassador Hotel is beautiful, the employees were all very kind and helpful. The Envoy restaurant food was out of this world, we cant wait to eat there again.. The hotel room was clean, big and perfect. We were vey pleased with the Ambassador and will visit again.

Room Tip: Great staff
Twinsburg, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I had traveled to Milwaukee for the first time with my son to visit Marquette University as a college option. I booked The Ambassador based on it's location and price. I was so pleasantly surprised at all the other amenities. First of all, the character of the hotel is great. It's Art-deco decor makes you feel as if it were a different era. The room were spacious, clean and comfortable (we even had a large, light bathroom). The best amenity in my eyes, however, was the efficient shuttle service. Being new to a city it was invaluable! They escorted us to restaurants, Marquette and the Bradley area...wonderful!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Fort Myers Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Everything was spot on. From our arrival, check-in, staff, shuttle bus, restaurant, lounge! We loved the Art-Deco style, spotless! Classic in every way. Staff was friendly and all information was accurate. Wes the bartender creates fantastic cocktails. The cuisine at the restaurant was well prepared and at an excellent value for the quality. Our compliments to the Chef and staff. All our return trips to Milwaukee will be to the Ambassador! Other values Free parking, Shuttle and Pet friendly. We travel around the world and have found a wonderful place to visit. Please spend at least a full day visiting the lounge and restaurant. It will take you back to a beautiful era. Not to be missed.

Room Tip: King room very spacious, comfortable and tough to leave
Duluth, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

From the moment you enter the courtyard, and check in, it is apparent that this is a class act. The entryway is a courtyard, partially walled off from the street, and all properties (parking garage, parking lot, hotel itself) are all enclosed. Being a female, traveling solo, this was a definite safety feature.
Upon entering the hotel, the Art-deco decor is strikingly beautiful. I ended up taking at least a dozen photos with my cellphone to send to my daughter who has been involved with architecture and design for years.
No skimpy, cramped rooms here. My room had a king-sized bed that was bigger and more luxurious than my king-sized bed at home; the room was bigger than two of my bedrooms at home. Much more comfort than the usual chain hotels. No paper-thin walls either--very quiet.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Grand Haven, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I love old hotels and prefer them over the typical cookie cutter chains. The Ambassador is a beauty! Wonderfully restored, the hotel holds all the glory of the architectural details of a time gone by. Take a moment to look at the old menus they have in the lobby! The prices will crack you up! Staff was very friendly and free parking /shuttle service are an added bonus! We love Milwaukee and will be back!

Room Tip: While not downtown, great free shuttle service!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Northlake, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I have been going to the Ambassador Hotel for years and have not found a better hotel to stay in accross the country. The staff is wonderful and very very helpful, there is noting they will not do for you. I got sick on one of my stays and had to cancel my shuttle run. When I called and talked to Sam (the shuttle driver) he asked me what was wrong, told him I had gotten sick. Sam called Ryan at the front desk and told him. They knew I was traveling alone so Ryan came up to my room to check on me and make sure I was OK and even brought me a large hot cup of tea. How many hotels do you know that the staff will care that much for thier gues,. not many that I know about. So if your looking for a GREAT PLACE and GREAT SERVICE, believe me you cannot go wrong. They have always made me feel like I was home.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Been to Ambassador Hotel? Share your experiences!