“great first time visit” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 53 Hotels in Milwaukee
Appleton, Wisconsin
“great first time visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

Loved the accommodations and the service. Ike was very helpful at the restaurant and we loved our breakfast. We had booked at the last minute and received a wonderful price. Rooms were clean and the bed very comfortable...Free parking and shuttle an extra bonus .We can't wait to go to stay here again.. Everyone from the bar area to the front desk were very friendly and we appreciated each one. THANKS so much!!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Near Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Very nice hotel. We went on a Living Social deal and were delighted with many of the amenities. Great bar, and we had Sunday breakfast in the restaurant. Service was very good, as was the food. We took advantage of their complimentary shuttle service. Though it was a busy Saturday night, we found it very responsive.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

This is an old building that has been refurbished over 10 years ago. They kept some of the older features (doors/walls), but upgraded bathrooms and the interior of rooms. The bedding is very comfortable and finally I found a place that didn't simply have a sheet and heavy comforter but a light blanked that suited me well. The room was very cold when I entered and it took me quite a while to figure out the heating system. Even then it didn't get very warm. I like to sleep cool, so that worked, but my meal got cold rather quickly. The shuttle that takes you anywhere within 3 miles of the hotel is an important feature for business travelers.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Tranent, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks at the end of January whilst working in Milwaukee. the hotel is in the Art-Deco style,large rooms with WiFi,Minibar.The Restaurant was excellent with good choice and excellent breakfast.Bar served a lighter bites menu but also full menu if you just wanted to stay put and watch the numerous Large screen tv,s.A big plus for myself was the shuttle bus service which runs from 06.30 till midnight and services the downtown area.Sam and Santiago were great 1 phone call and they were there to pick me up so no need to hire a car. The hotel is spotless and the staff can,t do enough for you

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

I would strongly advice anyone to stay here. The shuttle driver Sam was marvelous and extremely knowledgable. The hotel was extremely luxurious and nice. The service was top notch. The only complaint I would have is the location is in not the best part of town, but is convienetly near downtown.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

I have stayed at the Ambassador twice for business. My first stay was quite nice and the location was perfect for what I had to do while in the area. My last stay which was a couple of days ago was a bit questionable. Unfortunately I had the experience of the stained sheets as well as a strand of hair (that wasn't mine) on the duvet. The duvet was stained as well. I really liked this hotel so I wanted to give them a chance to fix the matter. They did call housekeeping who replaced the duvet and sheets very promptly. I always have a good drink or a glass of wine at the bar/lounge. You can even order food in the lounge area. The scallops are very good. But then, I noticed a bigger error that really has made me question if I will stay here again....one of the bath towels in my room had make up stains on it and was a bit tattered.
I know sometimes mistakes happen, but these were very visible errors that made me question the cleanliness of the rooms. I have to be in Milwaukee for business again in February. I may give the hotel one more try as a "3 strike rule". I am hoping not to call them "out" since the location works for me, I like the room size and the price is usually reasonable.

Room Tip: You may not want a room on the 2nd floor right above the lounge area. You can hear them moving furni...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

My trip to WI recently was much better than expected thanks to the ambassador hotel and especially to Sam an old gentleman who drove the complimentary shuttle that the ambassador offers to major attractions around town. First of all the free shuttle is amazing and made us able to get to and from places without renting a car or walking. The shuttle had reasonable hours, which was good for us since we wanted to go out at night. Sam was always quick and happy, he had many great stories for us about the town and it's attractions that he told us as he drove us around. He offered advice about everything from where to get a good meal to where to go out at night! We looked forward to seeing him each morning for our next adventure. The hotel was clean, classy and the room was spacious we fit 5 comfortably. The staff was friendly and helpful. Would stay again :)

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Ambassador Hotel? Share your experiences!