“Good hotel - Bad room” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 52 hotels in Milwaukee
Houston, United States
“Good hotel - Bad room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

The hotel is nice and the rooms are clean. Unfortunately, I mustt have drawn the short straw during this stay. I was given the last room at thend of the left hand corridor on the third floor. The room was one of the smalles rooms in the hotel and was directly across from the stairwell and emergency exit. The view outside the window was of the conference center roof and all the airconditioning compressors.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

154 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Milwaukee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

We stayed here one night in August of 2013 for a family wedding. There were long lines at check-in, but they were full, so that was to be expected. We reserved a junior suite, which was quite nice and spacious. (We never were able to turn in the TV in the sitting area; however, the one in the bedroom worked fine, so we didn't complain.) The staff in the restaurant for breakfast were friendly and accommodating. All-in-all, a good stay.

sarasota, fl, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

The quality of the bed mattress was terrible - lumpy and not supportive. We awoke each morning with sore backs! The only bed covering was a duvet providing far more warmth than desired. Service was good and the front desk staff was friendly and helpful.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Menasha, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

The staff was courteous, a very nice lobby, bar and restaurant. The room was large, however, we had to call to get the inside of the bathroom door cleaned. It looked like someone spilled pop on the door and it wasn't cleaned. I also had to inform the desk that the refrigerator had a propane gas smell when it was opened. If you go for breakfast make sure that you take a coat along because it is so cold, the food was cold before we finished eating.

Room Tip: Prior to unpacking check the room for cleanliness and the refrigerator.
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for four days. The room was large and clean but I walked away disappointed. It's the little things that define a great hotel and the Hilton Garden fell short of expectations. Two of the four mornings the coffee service was out of coffee and creamer during the middle of the service time. The fruit in the bowl at the front desk was bruised and over ripe; product I would not feed my family. The glasses I used in my room were not replaced after room service. When I checked out my bill included a charge for a pantry product I never consumed. Any one of these things would be no big deal but taken together, they left me feeling that the hotel did not care about the guest experience.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Misty K, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Park Place, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you for your time in providing feedback on your experience at our hotel. I apologize that you were not 100% satisfied with your stay at our hotel and I completely understand how individually small problems can accumulate to produce an overall unsatisfactory experience. Again, I am so sorry. I would love to speak to you regarding your experience, so please feel free to contact me at the hotel at extension 5012. In the mean time, I will share your comments with our management staff so that each department head can investigate and troubleshoot the concerns that you raised. Thank you again for your time and I look forward to hearing from you!
Columbus, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Our only grandchildren have just moved to Milwaukee from Ohio so we'll be traveling up this way quite a bit and will be checking out new hotels to stay at.
Normally I'm not a fan of the hotel aggregate sites such as Hotels.com or Travelocity, etc. I'd rather book directly with the property. But for our Friday-Saturday stay this past weekend my wife found a Travelocity rate of $119 per night. The property was listed at $330 per night. I called to see if they'd match it but they wouldn't (at least at the reservation site the property routed me to). So off we went via Travelocity. When we arrived they only had us booked for 1 night and said they were sold out the second night. They were able to accommodate us though--somehow--and it was a great stay.
The property is rather large and if they were full up we couldn't tell. There was always traffic in the lobby but there was never a noise issue (we were on the 2nd floor towards the end). The room was clean, roomy and the bathrooms had good product that we like. While there was only one sink my wife thought it was handy for her to do her makeup etc in main room while I was getting ready so apparently that wasn't an issue. The staff was pleasant--as I said they were booked and obviously busy--and gave us some suggestions for visits, etc.
There is an onsite restaurant and bar and we walked down there the first night to grab a drink but there was a wedding party who had sort of taken the place over and we felt it was a bit loud so we left. Not the fault of anyone mind you--just our choice. Good coffee in the lobby each morning.
We'd definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your time and your feedback! I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again when you come out to visit your grandchildren. Please feel free to contact me directly for a reservation at extension 5012. We look forward to your next visit!
Fort Collins, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

We were there while 3 family reunions were taking place and the halls were filled with people most of the time. That being said, it was quiet in our room. Nice rooms, clean, extra pillow top mattress. We did complain to desk that the bottom sheet pockets are too shallow to fit on the extra thick mattress. We should have complained the first night but muddled through the three nights with the corners popping off the mattress when we went to bed. Did report the problem when we checked out to save the next guest. Great value at $87.20 (senior). They do not provide a continental breakfast but do have coffee in the lobby in the am with muffin tops and cookies in the evening. The in-house restaurant is expensive so we only ate there once. I used the in-house coin laundry and the room was clean and the washer and dryer in good working order. We stayed here and drove into Milwaukee for attractions, about 15 minute drive.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time provide feedback on our hotel. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay, with the exception of the problem with your sheets. Since your stay and your review, we have purchased sheets with deeper pockets to help prevent other guests from having the same experience that you did with the sheets. Hopefully the next time you come visit us, you can enjoy a more comfortable sleeping experience. Thank you again for your review and thank you for your business!

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Park Place? Share your experiences!