My wife and I spent a night in Milwaukee in late January, 2010. Originally we had targeted the Pfister as it has been a landmark in Milwaukee for decades. However she is a dedicated Trip Advisor review reader and discovered so many favorable reviews on the Residence Inn that we gave it a chance. The lobby was beautiful and front desk friendly. But when we opened the door to our room, we were blown away. The east wall is mostly a big window overlooking the Milwaukee River and some of the beautiful older building that Milwaukee has to offer. The windows are nestled between the columns of what was the Gimbels building and the windows are bordered by the intricate stone work that was commonly used in the first half of the 20th century. After the initial, pleasant shock wore off from that, we noticed that there was a full size refrigerator, microwave, and dishwasher. The stone counter top also housed a 2 burner cooktop and formed a breakfast bar type of thing. The furniture was attractive and useful, with a comfortable bed. As a hotel serving the function a Residence Inn does, it would be perfect for an extended stay. The location is excellent; right on the riverwalk and a short walk from many of Milwaukee’s attractions. This is a hotel that is an excellent bargain. One word of warning to business travelers; the business center does not have a printer. The Residence Inn is a truly impressive hotel in a city that is underrated for its quality, architecture, and things to do.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Milwaukee Downtown Hotel Milwaukee
- Residence Inn Milwaukee Downtown Hotel
- Residence Inn Milwaukee
- Milwaukee Residence Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Housed in the historic Marshall Fields building, the Residence Inn Milwaukee Downtown blends old-world splendor with modern amenities. Recently renovated, our downtown Milwaukee hotel is an all-suites hotel offering an incredible location. We're connected to the Shops of Grand Avenue and within walking distance to Midwest Airlines Center, the theatre district and Bradley Center. Whether relocating to Milwaukee or looking for a Milwaukee extended-stay hotel, you'll feel right at home. Choose from studio, one- or two-bedroom suites with full kitchens, luxurious bedding, flat-screen TV, wireless Internet, and separate living areas. At any time, visit our market, business center, and fitness center, all open 24-hours. Enjoy a complimentary daily breakfast buffet and social hour with food and beverages (Mon-Wed). Surrounded by many businesses and cultural attractions, the Residence Inn offers first-class service and friendly staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Marriott, Tingo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Residence Inn Milwaukee Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.