“Great all around hotel...” 5 of 5 stars

Special Deal
Free Breakfast
Ranked #10 of 52 hotels in Milwaukee
Saint Charles, Illinois
“Great all around hotel...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

Stayed this past weekend. Great service. Thanks to Kim who was very accommodating at the front desk and helped us extend our stay and has a great demeanor at the desk. Rooms are big with really high ceilings. Centrally located. The only issue I had was the wifi. I like to FaceTime when I am on the road and the Internet connection would come and go. I eventually just went to the lobby and was given a code to that connection which worked way better than the rooms. Stayed here a lot over the years and its always good.

• Stayed October 2012
ResidenceInnMke, Manager at Residence Inn Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Lee62694, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at the Residence Inn by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown. I am so glad to hear that Kim was able to assist you. I will pass on your observation regarding the wireless internet to our engineering department so they can investigate it further. It is also nice to hear that you have stayed with us several times in the past. To have guest return time and time again is the best compliment that we can receive. We hope to see you again next time you are in Milwaukee.

275 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

My spouse and I just came back from an overnight at this facility and we were generally happy with the room and hotel location. The room was large with high ceiling and a view of the river so it was very quiet. The room was clean and well maintained except for the bath tub mat which has seen many uses. The staff was very nice, and the complimentary breakfast was very good with enough of a selection to find something to get you going. The location allows one to walk to various areas including the 3rd Ward. A couple of things that bothered us a bit during the night was the noise coming from the fridge (we should have unplugged it since we didn't need it) and the a/c which came right down on your face while in bed. Otherwise it was a nice stay. Thanks!

Room Tip: Ask for a river view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
ResidenceInnMke, Manager at Residence Inn Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
xcaba, Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay at the Residence Inn Milwaukee Downtown with others. I am happy to hear that the suite and the location of the hotel met your needs. I will be sure to pass on your compliments of the staff. Please feel free to contact me directly with the particular suite that you were in. I would be happy to pass it on to our maintenance team so that they can take a look at the refrigerator and the cooling vent. If your travels ever bring you back to Milwaukee, we would be grateful to see you again.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Friendly staff, warm & beautiful quiet hotel with a neat history. An amazing modern classy & rich dining area. The complimentary breakfast here is the best we've ever had; in fact we still rave about it to friends almost a year later! A great view of downtown. Shopping, dining & entertainment within walking distance. Close enough to the highway to easily find within the downtown area plus safe underground parking which is an amazing amenity! The room was beautiful & large with very tall ceilings. Everything was clean & fully stocked. Bed was very comfortable. I can't say enough good things about this hotel; we will be back! Out of all the hotels I have stayed at this is by far one of the best!!! Give it a stay - you won't regret it!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
ResidenceInnMke, Manager at Residence Inn Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
lastlookfirst - I am so glad that you had such a wonderful experience while staying with us. I will be sure to share your compliments with the rest of the staff. We are happy that we were able to meet and even exceed your expectations. Hopefully, we will see you again soon. Please let me know if there is anything that we can do to make your next stay even more enjoyable.
East Central Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I just returned from a weekend stay at the Residence Inn, Downtown in Milwaukee. We had a one bedroom suite, complete with kitchenette. The room was one of the largest hotel rooms I have stayed in (larger than some apartments) and very comfortable. There are minor signs of wear, but nothing off-putting, in my opinion.

At $200 per night, it is a bit pricey, but the comfort and size of the rooms, not to mention the hotel's location made me feel better about it. It was very nice to step out of the hotel and be right on the river walk, within walking distance to so many things. The parking area was extremely secure, sufficient and not badly priced.

As a weekend guest, the only less than great thing we experienced was the usual deluge of guests for breakfast. I thought it took too long to refill the empty serving trays and silverware. The set up also does not allow good flow, in my opinion.

Over all, our visit was great and we enjoyed Milwaukee one pint at a time.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
dbltrbl_girls, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at the Residence Inn Milwaukee Downtown with others. I am glad to hear that you were able enjoy both the size of the suites and the location of the hotel. The complimentary breakfast buffet can be a very popular place on weekends. I will definitely pass on your comments to the appropriate manager. I hope that if you are ever back in Milwaukee, we will be able to see you here again.
St. Louis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

We stayed the first weekend of September (2012) and it was a great stay overall. The front desk was friendly to answer our questions about parking, breakfast availability, wifi, and directions to places. The room itself (2-bedroom suite) was more than adequate, even though the TV in the living room is rather small. Our room came with a kitchen area, though we didn't fully use it, we saw the kitchen counter and fridge being very clean.

The beds were comfortable with plenty of pillows. The sofa bed was average, but that's expected any hotel you go. Parking garage isn't the most convenient (2 doors, separate entrance), but it's secure and underground with a daily fee of $17.

There is a little 'market' next to the front counter for snacks, drinks, aspirin and other misc things you might of forgot.

Breakfast was decent with several hot foods served. The bacon was a bit greasy/soft, and the eggs were a bit runny, but the staff kept them hot, and silverware refilled constantly.

Lastly, the location by the riverfront was fantastic. It was an easy walk to downtown and to the art museum. While there's not many people walking around at night, we didn't feel unsafe the entire time.

Room Tip: Corner suite gives you bigger living area.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
philotmsu, Thank you for sharing your experience at the Residence Inn Milwaukee Downtown with others. We enjoy hearing that our guests are able to enjoy the amenities that are offered including the full, hot buffet breakfast in the morning. I will also pass on your kind words to the front desk. I am glad to hear that you were also able to take advantage of our location and explore downtown Milwaukee. If you are ever back in Milwaukee, we hope that we will see you again.
New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

We live in world where all we seem to hear are complaints. I am a firm believer in acknowledging good work.

I have had the pleasure of “living” at the Residence Inn Downtown Milwaukee for the last 3.5 weeks whilst on a business trip. Throughout that time, the staff have been courteous, friendly, professional and in all in a completely genuine manner. They have helped me with directions, explained things I don’t understand, catered to my every need immediately, always with a smile, joked and laughed with me and have just been so lovely in every way. From the front desk to the floor staff and cleaning faries – what a team!

In particular, I was super impressed by and could not thank enough:

Ash (day/night staff/front desk)

This girl is a little packet of sunshine. No matter how bad the day has been or how long it has been, I walk into her greeting and smile and I just feel better every single time. She is a lovely girl and I would love to bottle her up and keep her!

Patrick (night staff/front desk)

Being from Australia, it took me a few days to adjust to the time zone and Patrick was a true champion, who kept me company when I couldn’t sleep for the first two nights, kept me laughing and did anything he could to make my first few days here comfortable. I am still fairly young and this is my first long trip away from home by myself and I could not be more grateful to him for helping me through those first few long nights. He is an absolute asset to the company

Lash (cleaning/maintenance crew)

Lash is an incredible and extremely unique gentleman. He introduced himself to me immediately and every time I have seen him since he has greeted me by name, enquired to how my day was and how my trip was going and made sure that I knew just how happy it made him to have bumped into me. His demeanor, friendship and the genuineness he has shown in his dealings with me have far exceeded any expectation you could have of someone who is paid to care for me. I cannot speak highly enough of him.

Even though I am excited to be heading home, I am genuinely sad to leave the hotel (and the hotel service! lol ) and the friends I have made here. They made a long, lonely and difficult business trip so much more bearable and my appreciation for you all is endless. As a company, you are our home whenever our Australian staff come here (which is on a regular basis) and now I understand why we always do and always will come home to the Residence Inn Downtown Milwaukee.

Cheers, The "Australian"

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the river, its a very pretty scene to wake up to in the middle of summer as th...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

This was a real sleeper (pardon the pun) of a place. We weren’t expecting a place with such a grand presence downtown. Our room set the record for ceiling height (at least 20 feet) and had full kitchens. The location was within walking distance to all of Milwaukee’s (another sleeper find - worth a visit) downtown attractions. Parking was reasonable with in-out privileges and the Wi-Fi was free. The free breakfast, while billed as continental, was a full hot buffet. The only niggle point were the beds, which we found too soft. Other than that, we totally recommend for a young family of four or smaller.

Room Tip: The river side rooms offer a great view, but you may hear the bridge rise in the middle of the night...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
ResidenceInnMke, Manager at Residence Inn Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
myounder, Thank you for sharing your experience at the Residence Inn Milwaukee Downtown with others. I am happy that we were able to exceed your expectations. The size of our suites along with the ceiling heights are always a pleasant surprise for those who have never stayed with us. It is also nice to hear that you were able to explore the attractions in the area. Thank you so much for recommending us. If your travels ever bring you back to Milwaukee, we would love to see you again.

Been to Residence Inn Milwaukee Downtown? Share your experiences!