“Great location but...” 3 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #34 of 53 Hotels in Milwaukee
“Great location but...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

My family (3 of us) stayed one night here on July 1 before heading to Lake Geneva the following day. The room was nice but here is my "but". With three of us staying in one room, there were only enough towels for one person. We had to go to the front desk and ask for more towels. Really?
In addition, the toiletries supplied were so small in size it was pathetic. Could the Holiday Inn please stop being stingy? The room I chose was one with two queen beds. My confirmation email listed the room price and then charged $10 extra for the third person, but my checkout folio showed one charge. Is this a new gimmick that hotels are now using, having taken their cue from the airlines? If there are two queen beds, to me that means that four people could sleep in the room. Why charge extra? This is the bad news.

Now the good news, the location to the airport was perfect. The room was comfortable along with the beds.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear 447Judyc,

Thank you for writing a candid review about our property. We appreciate your compliments regarding our convenient location and comfortable rooms. On the other hand, we are very sorry we fell below your expectations regarding the bathroom amenities. We have taken note of your concerns and will certainly work on this to make sure similar situations can be avoided.

We would love the opportunity of serving you again in the future.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.

Janesville, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

We were at The Holiday Inn just for one night, the staff was friendly, the room was spacious and clean we were four in there, and we slept very good, nice pillows great mattress pretty comfortable and quiet.
The bartender at the restaurant was very nice and professional,when we got there they were almost closing but she made our night serving us one drink we wanted before go to sleep.
The breakfast was okay, no the best choice maybe be better go some other place because you have to pay for it anyway,the quality of food a little poor.
But overall our experience was good we went to Milwaukee for Summer Fest and all downtown hotel were sold out so there still a good place a little farther but still close enough, we god a shuttle down there, we took a cap coming back.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank mrch888
Alfred Station, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

My first visit to Milwaukee. Very nice Hotel. The staff was excellent. I was staying in this Hotel on Business. The room was great. Very clean and bright. There was a microwave and a refrigerator in my room. Both were very clean. Internet service was spotty, cutting in and out, during the early evening. There are a few great places to eat, nearby. The Hotel provided a very good selection for their complimentary breakfast. This was not just a bowl of cold cereal. There was everything from bacon and eggs, to sausage, biscuits and gravy. The Hotel has a great Confrence room setup and provided us with beverages and snacks throughout the day, while we were in Confrence meetings.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Madison, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

We were in Milwaukee for the Milwaukee Pug Fest. We made our reservations too late to get in at hotel where most of the Pug Fest attendees were staying. We got there around 11 a.m. We were able to get into our room right away even though check-in time was 3 p.m. The staff were pleasant. Our room was quite spacious. I liked that were sinks in both the main room and the bathroom. The room didn’t smell. I hate how some hotels have an overpowering smell of cleaning products (or worse, the smell of cleaning products competing with stale smoke). The wi-fi was free and worked fine. The bed was comfortable. We could hear everything going on in the hallways. The interstate was also pretty loud. There was only one small elevator. It was sometimes too packed to use. My boyfriend and I took the stairs quite a bit. We are able bodied so it’s not a problem.

Unfortunately, the other guests in the hotel made our stay unpleasant. A young girl was having a swim birthday party. The pool was so packed that it was almost unusable. The noise in the pool area was unbearable from all those kids. The kids were running through the hallways. There seemed to be a lot of kids and not many adults. The rooms are not very soundproof. Any running or slamming of the doors can be heard throughout the hallway. Thankfully, I brought ear plugs so I was able to sleep.

The free breakfast was a mess. There were too many people crowding the area. It was hard to get anything. A lot of the items had run out. I asked for more eggs. The eggs were the worst I have ever had. They had this weird smoky taste. There are some fast food restaurants in the area so I didn’t starve. I wasn’t expecting great breakfast, but I didn’t think it was going to be this bad.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Elizabeth C
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
Dear Elizabeth C,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the noise levels prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Milwaukee hotels

Delmar, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

We made reservation a day before we stayed at Holiday Inn Milwaukee Airport. We had a flight the following afternoon. Check in was easy and quick and we were given a goodie bag with fruit drink and snack. King size room was very clean with clean bathroom, also plenty of towels, soap, shampoo, and conditioner. TV was a good size, room also had desk with easy access to plugs above desk for computer or phone. Monday thru Thursday they have complimentary sodas, beer, and wine, which was a nice touch after a long day. We did not go in the large pool but it looked very inviting had we had our swimsuits with us. Breakfast in the morning was a nice touch before we left for the airport. Thank you Holiday Inn we will return next time we fly out of Milwaukee Airport.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor, down from the elevator and found it very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Marylou U
Paso Robles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

Stayed three nights on business and the staff was great. Hotel was clean and well kept and bed was comfy. Can't say I had any sound problems as mentioned in the other reviews...and hotel must not be on a flight path for the airport because even though it is very close I never heard a plane the entire time I was there. A variety of freshly baked cookies in the evening was nice and the free coffee station in the lobby was well stocked and appreciated. A few things they need to work on - Internet was frustrating - slow even late at night and I kept having to log in more than should have been necessary. I shower between 6:30 and 7 am..first morning shower was great - second day warm but not as hot as I would like - third day was borderline cold. Front desk staff was very friendly and went out of their way to greet you and ask how my day and stay were going...and it seemed genuine. They are good ambassadors. Location was convenient with easy on and off freeways. Many decent dining choices nearby. I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Planefella
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here over night on business. Check in was great. The front desk clerk was very nice and had a smile on her face. I checked in and left right away for a meeting. I got back at 1130 pm and tried to fall asleep. Couldn't due to the guest in the room next to me who was snoring and It sounded like he was next to me in bed. I was near an exit door that slammed shut every time someone closed it, and a baby crying in a nearby room. After barely sleeping I woke up ,showered and left right away. Didn't get to check out the rest of the hotel. My room was very clean and staff was nice.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear Kane101208,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. I'm truly delighted you mentioned our friendly staff. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I would like to offer a sincere apology for the inconvenience the noise from other guests had caused you. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer for to our guests.

Jaime W
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milwaukee
BEST WESTERN PLUS Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Ctr.
Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport
Sleep Inn & Suites
#21 of 53 in Milwaukee
4.0 of 5 stars 171 reviews
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport

Been to Holiday Inn & Suites Milwaukee Airport? Share your experiences!