“Okay >>>” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #37 of 52 Hotels in Milwaukee
Seattle, WA
“Okay >>>”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Ok place. I think the Holiday Inn Express is probably better, but it costs a bit more too. A clean, safe, fairly comfortable place to stay near the airport. The positives were the breakfast (room service, yet) a BARGAIN. You got ALOT for very little $$, so Milwaukee! ... and it was very good. Easy access to many things near by and check-in/out was painless. Beds, ok for comfort. We had a king bed and pull out sofa... enough space for 3-4.
2 flat screens, which was nice. Clean.
The negatives; noise is easily heard if you face the front of the building at all. We put out our "room service" menu out the night before, but no one picked it up. Not a big deal, we called in the morning, but they shouldn't have it, if they do not do it.
Lastly, I'd like to see the little shampoo/conditioner/soap amenities improved... they are a bit weak, but acceptable, in a pinch.
Overall, okay experience and would stay there again, but would try another property if the price was right.

Room Tip: A room away from the front of the hotel, if possible.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear nickale,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. It is nice to hear that the breakfast served during your stay lived up to your expectations. I apologize for any disturbance you have experienced during your stay. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

To better assist you on your next stay, please do not hesitate to approach the Manager on Duty.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for two nights over a weekend in July. While the hotel was booked full both nights, noise was not an issue. The hotel was clean and well-kept, and I had quick access to the highway. Downtown Milwaukee, Miller Park and Miller Brewery were only 15 minutes away. My only complaints were limited parking (again, the hotel was full) and only one elevator. I would have no hesitation staying in this hotel again if I ever make my way back to Milwaukee.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
HolidayMilwkee, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear DJMel_issa,
First let me thank you for taking the time to write an honest review for the Holiday Inn & Suites Milwaukee Airport. I look forward to sharing your response with our Team. We were happy to have you as our guest. I do apologize for the parking as I know when the Hotel is at full occupancy parking can get a little tight. The elevators are another issue that we are looking into. Our Housekeeping Team will be the first to tell you that they need to be faster:)!! We look forward to having you return as our guest if you are ever in the Milwaukee Area again. There is a lot to see and do here so I would definitely recommend that you return....
Ryan Bazan, AGM & The Holiday Inn Team
Sandy Springs, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

This hotel is literally 3 minutes from rental car return at the airport. We checked in very late and checked out very early after witnessing the Chicago Blackhawks triple overtime Stanley Cup win in Chicago. It was very quiet and the staff was very nice and accommodating. Completely recommend if you want to be close to the airport and have a quiet and clean stay.

• Stayed June 2013
HolidayMilwkee, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
GoStreaking,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review for our Hotel. We do appreciate it and it was a pleasure having you stay with us while you were in Milwuakee WI. I will make sure that your comments are shared with our staff. If you would like to discuss your stay further please feel free to contact me anytime. We also hope to see you again if you are in the Milwaukee area in the future.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

It was clean and quiet. It was a good value for the money. It was about a 15-20 minute drive to Miller Park, the casino, the Domes and Miller Brewery. We did not use the pool but it looked nice. There is a sports bar located inside the hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
HolidayMilwkee, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear olds8898,
I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Holiday Inn & Suites. We are lacated just a short drive from many attractions and I'm sure your review will help those looking for accomodations when they come to Milwaukee to visit these venues.
I hope you we will see you on your next visit to Milwaukee and maybe you can take a little extra time to enjoy the pool/whirlpool.
If you would like to discuss any part of your stay further please feel free to contact me at any time.
jacksonville fl
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

When staying for business on both a Friday and Saturday night I felt as though I was at two different hotels. The first night was wonderful: quiet, clean, and extremely friendly check-in. It was also nice as a platinum priority club member to receive an almost free breakfast. On Saturday however it was a completely different hotel. Upon walking in we were greeted with twenty children running up and down the stairs soaking wet without shirts on. The front desk staff seemed less caring. Then the noise came, the people in the room next to us were cursing and screaming the "N and F word" constantly. Finally at almost 1130 pm they seemed to have been kicked out. The airport shuttle was convenient. Overall this is a perfectly fine hotel during the week but save your self a headache and DO NOT STAY on a Saturday night!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
HolidayMilwkee, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
jaxfl32224,
I would first like to thank you for taking the time to write an honest review of your recent stay here at the Holiday Inn Milwaukee Airport.
We are glad to hear that your first night with us was pleasant. However as we try to make every stay satisfactory it was disturbing to hear that your 2nd night was not as pleasant as your first. I will share with our Team your review and I can assure you that we do care about everyone’s stay.
You mentioned that you are a Platinum member and we appreciate your business. We will share this review with our staff as a training tool. Unfortunately we are not able to pick and choose our guests and on very few occasions we have groups that come to the hotel and do not seem to respect their neighbors. As this is few and far between our staff may need additional training on handling these types of nights to ensure that every guest has an enjoyable stay. I can assure you though that they do care 100% that you are satisfied with your stay. If you would like to discuss your stay further please feel free to contact me anytime.
Payne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I stayed here at the beginning of April for 5 days on business. The rooms are spacious and very clean. The gym is small and only has 4 pieces of equipment. The indoor pool looked like a great place for the kids to play. There is not a lot of things to do around this hotel but it's a great location if you are going to the airport.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
audra0037 ,
I would like to thank you for takin the time to write a review for the Holiday Inn & Suites. I am glad you had a great stay. We always share our review with our staff as a training tool on how to serve our guest better. If you would like to discuss your recent stay furher with us, please feel free to contact us at anytime.
Warwickshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Basic hotel as you would expect from holiday inn but a good base near to the airport and inter state highways north and south. The hotel has been updated over the years and the gym now has some reasonable kit and has never been fully used when ever I have stayed. The swimming pool is an ok size and has a hot a large hot tub again not used much so always available. The food is typical american food and ok for a short stay, and if you are watching your weight then it takes a while for them to understand the concept of a small portion of food. The service is good and friendly.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear askpackers,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel following your recent stay with us. I’m glad you found the hotel to your liking and I will pass on your comments about the staff being friendly and helpful to them all, it’s always nice to hear we are getting it right.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Milwaukee Airport? Share your experiences!