“Close to MKE” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #39 of 53 Hotels in Milwaukee
Georgia
“Close to MKE”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was clean and modern/refurbished...but almost too sterile. It is a good location for Airport and gas stations close by to refill rental so it fit my needs. I would likely try another comparable hotel next time though.

• Stayed April 2013
HolidayMilwkee, Manager at Holiday Inn Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear user Creengr,
I would first like to thank you for taking the time to leave your comments about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn & Suites. Although we always look forward to our guest returning I understand if you would like to try out other Hotels in the area. This is the only way you really can appreciate our property. If you would like to discuss your recent stay further please feel free to contact myself at anytime.
Ryan Bazan
AGM - Social Media Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We stayed here in January for a dance competition. Let me just start by saying that the staff is amazing! They were just the friendliest, most hospitable people I have had at a hotel in a long time!! We felt truly taken care of :) The food was outstanding & affordable! The pool was clean, WARM, & huge. So was the hot tub. The rooms were clean & stocked will all the blankets & pillows you need. We had a suite, so it was nice to see that there were extra blankets & pillows for the sofa bed.I have no reason to be in this area again but I will definitely come back just to stay at this hotel! Thank you everyone at the Holiday Inn!! We had a FANTASTIC mini vacation!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I spent my anniversary weekend at the Holiday Inn Suites, was greeted by very friendly check in lady and we went up to the room. The room was clean and nice with refrig and microwave. There is a small convenience store on main level in case you need something, very handy to have that. There is a pool too but we didn't use it. My only complaint is that the pillows are big and hard.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Park Falls, Wisconsin, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

It worked out great for us to park our car for 1 week, swim in a very nice pool, slept in a nice bed, shuttled to the airport for our trip, picked up again from the airport to be shuttled back to the hotel after our trip, stayed another night before our 5 hr. drive home. We have no complaints.

Room Tip: The only problem we had was some type of motor/blower? that would turn on every now and then behind...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Appleton, WI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

We stayed here Oct. 25 for a park'n'fly. Clean room, comfortable bed, but not so comfy pillows. Tried to change out pillows, but no extras were available. Can hear others in the rooms next to you if they are loud.

Went to book the shuttle and anything over 6 is considered booked. We had to push back our departure time to earlier so thank goodness they run every 15 minutes.

When we returned and called for a pickup the girl said we weren't listed. It was because we had already stayed there. So I had to explain that to her. Hmmm...

A few snags, but nothing that would deter us from staying here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Santa Rosa, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I booked a hotel through Hotwire, not knowing which hotel it would be, received a fantastic rate and it turned out to be this hotel. I was looking for a hotel that was close to the airport. Although somewhat dated, the rooms were clean and facilities adequate. There is a restaurant by the bar which provides good food, can't go wrong if you're looking for breakfast or a burger. I thought the staff were fantastic, they really made my stay. I was only there one night but the woman at the desk was super helpful re: directions. The pool area had obviously been updated and appeared very nice. There was a fridge AND microwave in my room and flat screen tv. All in all, I was quite comfortable, especially at the discounted rate I received.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I used this hotel because of the shuttle.
I mailed them about the shuttle, why can the details not be on the site! They told me to contact from baggage reclaim which I did and they arrived very soon with a new van, a bit high.
The drive was fun with chatty conversation.
The driver become the checkin clerk which was done with good humor.
The room was fine, I never saw the breakfast as I left at 6am for the airport. gain the driver was amusing.
It was fine

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Milwaukee Airport? Share your experiences!