“So-so stay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #38 of 52 hotels in Milwaukee
minnesota
“So-so stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

We stayed here two nights in August. I had booked in advance a one bedroom suite with kitchenette/separate bedroom and prepaid to receive a discount. After several hours in the car with two small children, my husband checked in, we loaded up our luggage and went into our room. Um...not the one I reserved. The room didn't have a separate bedroom nor did it have a kitchenette. It was all one big room. Because we were going to be traveling so much with the kids, I had planned to get them to bed on time and be able to stay up a little later. As anyone who has traveled with kids, if you are in the same room, they won't go to bed if they think they will miss out on anything and the next day they are very overtired.

I went back to the front desk and explained I had reserved a specific room type. She asked if I needed that type. When I explained my reasons why I booked a specific type, she said she would clean one and call our room. Approx 40 min later she came up and had me look at their extended stay suite to see if it would work. Nice room and they gave me both nights for price I already paid. When I asked what about the kitchenette suite, she said they only had one with kitchenette and they rented it out. I was confused as to why she said she would clean it for me then. The extended stay didn't have a separate bedroom but we were so tired we took it.

Likes: 1. Nice sized pool
2. Yummy apps from hotel restaurant
3. Super comfy bed

Dislikes: 1. Extremely slow elevator
2. Cleanliness. We found a unopened can of Mich Golden under the bed and peanuts
under the curtains
3. Very loud noise, generator?? that kicked on all night

When we return to the area, we will choose a different hotel.

92 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

the hotel is clean, people are nice. The room has adequate space. I would have given this a higher rating, but our room 328 is above some generator that is exteremly noisy, kicks in every 5 minutes or so. Very annoying! Avoid booking a room on the top floor near the center of the building and you will have a pleasant stay. For me I am glad I have hearplugs, hopefully I will get enough sleep to function tomorrow! Oh they didn't acknowledge that we were priority club members either, which is annoying.

Room Tip: High floor has most rooftop generator noises, especially rooms in center of the building
milwaukee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

Nice location. everything is updated and new.
had a suite which proved to be a great value.
bed comfortable,all linens are upgraded.
clean big bathroom.
great pool area with a whirlpool
only negative is the amont of chlorine and chemicals which caused are eyes to be irritated
would come back in a heartbeat

Albuquerque, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

I booked this hotel to be near the airport for a very early flight. My AMEX reservation system and contract guarantee the room with my credit card (and they will charge me the full amount if I do not show up). I am also a gold Priority Club Member. After a long drive I arrived at the hotel only to be informed that they had "overbooked" and had a room for me at a Holiday Inn Express (see above about the 'contract'). Even though they had my contact information I received no phone call. The desk person told me the Holiday Inn Express was "a few minutes away." It was 30 minutes away. I asked that I be called by the owner. At this point, no phone call. I ended up never getting to sleep at all and find this completely unacceptable. Am I getting any compensation for my time due to the default of the contract with this hotel? I highly doubt it. I find it disappointing that IHG allows this owner to maintain one of their franchise.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, August 18, 2012
Dear Sean D,

Thank you for being a Priority Club Member and for taking the time to relay your comments regarding our property during your recent stay. We are deeply sorry we fell below your expectations. Your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. We’d like to obtain some additional details regarding your experience, so we have sent you a private message.

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Janice A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is very convenient for my family. My mom lives in a senior center near by. We stayed on July 3rd and were pleased with everything. Restaurant, staff, pool....it was all good. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed July 2012
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

Okay, so a hotel right by the airport should have be thing going for it, it's close by the airport so their shuttle service should be great! And yes, this hotel's shuttle service was pretty good. The van itself was a lil rugged and beat up, but it got me there and they picked me up from the airport at midnight. Thumbs up there. The room was v clean and the king size room was great. Biggest disappointment was the curtains didn't close and the solitary street light shone straight into my room - v annoying. Breakfast was good, not hearty, but you get what you pay for. And given that, I paid a good tip for the great service from the dining staff - excellent and friendly.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

I live only a mile away from this property. I was "forced" to stay here because my AC went out, it was 104 degrees outside & no repair person could come for days. I had to find a nice affordable place that would allow me to bring my well behaved 45 lb dog with me. The staff were friendly and professional, the room was clean, cool, quiet, nicely decorated and well appointed The bed was super comfy too. They also have a nice swimming pool & a good bar/restaurant. I may just take some more micro-mini vacations here. :)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Been to Holiday Inn Milwaukee Airport? Share your experiences!