“Great anniversary spot” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #30 of 65 Activities in Milwaukee
More attraction details
Owner description: Home to The Pfister's Turkish Baths more than a century ago, WELL Spa + Salon redefines the entire spa experience.Each treatment room is a two room suite which includes your own private bathroom and shower. Because our technicians greet you within your private suite, you won't have to move throughout spa for your facial or massage. Every treatment is customized just for you. You choose everything from skin care to essential oils to a custom room.Enjoy added comfort with adjustable table temperatures, personal iPod hookup, heated floors, heated robes and 60-minute services - 10 more minutes of bliss than standard spas offer.The Orchid Room is the perfect setting for a bachelorette party, baby showers, bridal showers, or any other reason for a group spa day.
La Grange, Illinois
4 attraction reviews
“Great anniversary spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Love, love, love this spa...My husband and I spent the week end in the hotel for our 15 year anniversary and had services in the spa. Beautiful place, amazing couples room with a great shower and wonderful therapist. Every thing was thought out, all the details including a happy anniversary treat...The management is really on top of things. I am really picky about spas in general because I work in that industry but this one wowed us

Visited September 2013

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
27 attraction reviews
“Decent Prenatal Massage”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I have gone to a well spa twice in Lake Geneva and loved it. I was excited to get a prenatal massage.

When you first get in the waiting area, they offer you complimentary champagne, wine, mimosas or water. It is very relaxing while you fill out your paperwork.

I was led to the room. I as very impressed by the rooms as the rooms each had a bathroom/shower attached to the room itself. My masseuse was very nice and attended to my needs. She asked a lot of questions about what I wanted. The majority of the massage was done on my side. However, the last 15 minutes was attempted to be done on my back. This did not suite well with me being 6 months pregnant. I became dizzy and had to go back on my side. You are slightly elevated, but it still did not work well with me. She finished on my side.

Overall, it was an good experience. I prefer regular massages over prenatal massages but I would go back for another treatment after my pregnancy. My other sister had a massage and loved it and my Mother and sister had a facial and really enjoyed it.

Visited August 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
16 attraction reviews
“Very enjoyable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We enjoyed the spa experience. We did not stay at the hotel. The treatment rooms were very nice. It was expensive, but we justified it as a treat during a vacation.

Visited August 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
9 attraction reviews
“Massage worth it (pedicure not)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Went for a bridesmaids day and had a spa pedicure and a Relax Me 60-minute massage. I would say that the pedicure was definitely overprice ($65). It was not any better than the $25 pedicure at the tiny nail salon near my house. I would NOT recommend a pedi there. Go cheaper! I was going to give the spa a not-so-great review because of that (and the fact that everything seems to be so overpriced in general), but then I had my massage. I was surprised by the bride with a massage because I planned the day out for everyone. And WOW! Devon was my therapist and was incredible!! I thought I was in there for two hours. I don't know how she did all of that in an hour! It felt like a deep tissue massage, even though it was just a Relax Me. I can't rave about her enough! And then I got to take a shower with six sprays and tons of steam. Definitely a great bonus! I live out of town but am thinking of getting a gift certificate for a massage for my mom. Definitely recommend!

Visited June 2013
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
22 attraction reviews
“Just dealing with the receptionist makes it a waste of time and money”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I went for an early Mothers' Day Pedi/Mani. I had a very nice person do a good job on my pedicure, but fail miserably on the manicure. The receptionist who was taking care of my billing could not think for herself and continued her process like a robot. I'd expect more from an alleged premier spa.

What upset me is that the receptionists did not take the time to pair me with someone who would make my visit a success (and thus make me want to return, though they did ask if this was my first visit). More importantly, they WEREN'T LISTENING to my valid concerns (that i was leaving with residue under my nails, without a hand soak, without the hand/arm massage and without polish) and robotically tried to charge me first for a manicure, then shellac removal and finally, tried to have me leave a 20% tip!

The story: My hands were never soaked or cleaned...Gellish went on and off a few times bringing wrinkles to my fingers. I could tell she wasn't used to doing shellac or A French manicure, and after an hour, had to ask for everything to be removed, because she seemed frustrated, too. Setting aside 2 hours for a nails is a big luxury...the time i had was precious and unfortunately, wasted.

Thank goodness i had a gift card, though i feel bad for my friends who spent their money on it. The up-side is my feet look better and i can wear slippers again!

Visited May 2013