“My High Expectations Were Met!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 1,338 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Blue's takes a fine dining approach to classic American brunch, all week long. Old World ingredients and techniques inspire modern breakfast and lunch dishes. Blue's is available for private events in the evening.
Burlington, Wisconsin
“My High Expectations Were Met!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

I recently ate lunch at Blue's Egg in Milwaukee. I had very high expectations because of the fact that this restaurant is ranked #3 out of all the restaurants in Milwaukee and several friends and colleagues of mine have raved about this place. My high expectations were met and I was very satisfied! This is clearly a very busy, popular restaurant and it feels like "the place to be"! I came for lunch on a weekday, right at about 12:00. The hostess said I could sit at the counter for immediate seating, but I always prefer a table. I said I was willing to wait for a table. She kindly added me to the list. I had to wait maybe 5 minutes before being told that my table was ready, even after being told it would be a 10-15 minute wait. I was pleasantly surprised! I got seated at a table in the back room of the restaurant, which was kind of nice. It seemed quieter and more subdued back there, away from the action. My waiter Peter was very friendly and personable. He clearly knows the menu inside and out! He asked if I had ever dined at Blue's before and I said I hadn't. He told me all about the restaurant and what they are famous for. How nice! I decided to order the pulled ham omelet (pulled ham is one of their specialties here). I got whole wheat toast with it, and a side of fresh fruit. The omelet was fantastic! It was one of the hugest omelets I have ever gotten in a restaurant, and it was absolutely delicious! I also loved the fresh fruit assortment of cantaloupe, pineapple, grapes, and banana slices. This was a healthy and delicious option. Peter checked in often and was attentive. I absolutely loved my meal here and the atmosphere, and I will definitely return and recommend. Blue's is only open for breakfast and lunch, offering a breakfast menu all day, in addition to a lunch menu beginning at 11:00 AM. The only negative I encountered was having difficulty finding a parking spot when I arrived because it gets so crowded here. I feel that they need more parking because I had to circle the lot 4 times before getting a spot--and I only got it because a car left. That is not enough to lower my rating for this place, and it lived up to all the hype! I will be back!

Visited July 2014

Memphis, Tennessee
“Worth the wait!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

My husband and I really enjoyed ourselves the menu selections were refreshingly different and the service was phenomenal. We had a great sever, Peter. He walked us through the menu with his witty humor.
The monkey bread is a must have with the side of creamy wine sauce.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles, California
“I cannot believe this is the best brunch in Milwaukee”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

As we planned to arrive in Milwaukee around noon on Saturday, looked on Yelp, Tripadvisor, etc. whenever I typed the best brunch in Milwaukee, the Blue's came on top. We did walk in and they were able to sit us down almost right away, although it was very busy. The host and the server both were very nice and professional, but when it comes to the food! I ordered Eggs Florentine with side of filled chicken chorizo hash, my husband ordered Old English Eggs Benedict, by the way they did whites only for my husband which was a nice touch. But my Eggs Florentine had the smallest amount of spinach anywhere and the worst Hollandaise I ever had. the hash was quite nice. It seems they bake their own English muffin, but lacks in texture and since it was Old English I asked if the beans were baked ones, like the Heinz ones we all eat in .England, the server said it was Navy Beans and did not know how it was cooked! Overall, if you are like me, just traveling do not need to make the detour.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Elm Grove, WI
“Worth The Visit - Breakfast... Delish.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I was greeted fairly promptly when I had told the younger hostess who wore a smile that there would be two of us. She had said we can seat you when your other arrives. I said, "But he's here now". So, really no further wait, and I was seated outdoors at my request at nearly 8 am (weekday). My friend had shown up within minutes of this. There aren't lots of outdoor tables. Maybe a half of dozen or so. You can always just choose inside on these kinds of days. But since the rarer supreme Wisconsin weather is at a premium, why wouldn't you? I can tell you that it's delightful on a bright sunny summer like morning IF you don't mind the direct sunshine (i.e. wear sunglasses and sunscreen). No sun umbrellas here. To get on with the service and food, I had the 3 egg, pulled ham & gruyere $11.95 omelette with a choice variety of toast which mine was wheat. I elected the freshly cubed cantaloupe as the other optional included side. Very tasty. Fresh. Come here if you want to spend some time relaxing, chatting it up, and on a weekday morning would definitely be better for a much lesser wait. I'll bet the weekend mornings are packed with a longer wait. The waitress was quite friendly, helpful and in general, pleasant. I think that the Blue's Egg is very worthy of a regular breakfast spot in addition to their other menu choices yet to be tried. I'll be back for sure.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Iowa City, Iowa
“No problem with service if eating alone”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I came in for lunch and was told there would be a 20 minute wait, but that it was first-come, first-serve at the counter. I waited for about 6-7 minutes and then got a seat, ordered a few minutes later, and got my food about 10 minutes later. I had the hashbrowns stuffed with olives and goat cheese. They were quite good - unusual flavor combination - but I would have liked more of the filling and more of the paprika aioli, which was dabbed on top. I also ordered two poached eggs to go with. I thought the price was fine for such a large plate of food - about $10 total. I took some chocolate chip cookies home for my family and they were excellent - some of the best we've ever had. I don't know that I'd be willing to wait for an hour to eat here, but it was a great place to eat.

Visited July 2014