“Amazing place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 1,338 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Blue's takes a fine dining approach to classic American brunch, all week long. Old World ingredients and techniques inspire modern breakfast and lunch dishes. Blue's is available for private events in the evening.
Roanoke, Indiana
“Amazing place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

This is truly one of the best breakfasts I have ever had. I had the French Toast and it was probably the best I've had. The Bloody Mary's are absolutely amazing and the bacon was superb. Fast and friendly service tops it off.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Oak Creek, Wisconsin
“Pretty good.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

First time here finally and I really enjoyed it. I had the salmon croquettes and some mushroom stuffed hashbrowns. Delish!
My date had the Juan burger and his bun was really bad, extremely hard. Personally I didn't like his fries either but our waitress was so sweet and enthusiastic I didn't have the heart to say anything negative.
Will try again and the promise of the menu and the service gave my review the fourth star.

Chicago, Illinois
“Worth the wait”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We arrived and saw the long line outside and my husband was ready to leave. I encouraged him to stay because this many people could not be wrong. I'm glad we did. The wait was made easier by the fact that they text you when your table is ready. We waited in our car and listened to the radio. We could have easily taken a walk or other activity. The food was not typical breakfast fare. It was creative and simply delightful.

Visited December 2013
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Great Brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

One of the best brunch places in Milwaukee. But, be prepared for a wait. Seating is limited, the place is popular, but it is most definitely worth the one hour wait!!

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“One of the most well-run breakfast joints”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

We hit Blue's Egg on New Year's Day at about noon, and were told the wait could be around 40 minutes. We decided to stick around since probably any other good options would probably have similar wait times. I'm glad we did. This is very well run operation with no real flaws. For one, the place is big enough to handle the long lines that develop probably every weekend morning. There is another entire dining room in the back. There is a bar where you can order drinks, I recommend their Bloody Mary, which is not very spicy but is very good, served with a thick piece of bacon, an olive and pickle spear. There is also a self-serve coffee bar at the bar for patrons that are waiting for their table. The bar has a couple of televisions, which had on different bowl games. I asked the bartender why the Wisconsin-South Carolina game wasn't on, and she said she thought the game was later. She fixed that quick.

Our wait for our table was actually shorter than the 40-minute estimate. We were seated in the back room. One of the things about Blue's menu is it's extensive, and, if you are a foodie, you might have a hard time deciding on what to get because there are so many interesting options. Plus, they have daily specials. They also have quite a few hashbrown dishes that all looked interesting. All in our party was more than satisfied with their choices. My wife and I shared the ham and cheese hashbrowns, where were put on her plate, and were delicious. Her eggs benedict was delicious and hearty. I ordered a pork cheek dish that was served on a couple of pieces of pumpernickel with two fried eggs. Everything I tasted was delicious. Also, the wait for our food was very short.

I was just completely impressed with this restaurant, and I wish all breakfast joints were as good, consistent, efficient and as well thought out as this place. We will be back.

• Visited January 2014