“Not your (grand) parent's breakfast spot.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 1,410 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Description: Blue's takes a fine dining approach to classic American brunch, all week long. Old World ingredients and techniques inspire modern breakfast and lunch dishes. Blue's is available for private events in the evening.
Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
“Not your (grand) parent's breakfast spot.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We took my 88 year-old-grandfather to Blue's. Our family of 4 loved it...he, not so much. They made him exactly what he wanted, but it was not exactly on the menu. Each one of us thought that the menu was fantastic. We each chose something different and shared. Everything was great. I had one of the specials, a skillet and ate every bite. My wife could only finish 1/2 of her dish which was similar to lasagna dish. (I forgot what it was called.) My daughters each had an item off of the children's menu and loved it. Be prepared to wait. We got there a little before 9 on a Friday (after Christmas) and when we left it was difficult for us to get out of the door due to those standing in line. I thought it was a bit pricey for a breakfast spot.

Hartland, Wisconsin, United States
“not just an ordinary brunch...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

love the flavor combinations. great place for brunch with a group of your fave friends and family members.

Deerfield, Illinois
“Worth the wait - go early”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

A very popular place with a very eclectic breakfast and lunch menu. I'm a traditional cured meat, eggs, hash browns and toast guy, and my wife loves the fruity, mealy, yogurt, and veggie stuff. Blue's egg has plenty of both. All seem to be prepared with creative combinations of ingredients. They specialize in hash brown side orders with several combo choices. I had a pulled ham and gruyere cheese omelet and hash browns with cheese. I came quickly and it was hot. My wife had a delicious veggie tofu thing in a soft taco. The pulled/shredded ham in the omelet was very tasty, much better than chunks of Sysco ham which most eateries churn out. The serving portion was more than I could eat (but I used to be able to). The serving dish of seedless grapes was a nice touch. We arrived at 9:15 AM this past Sunday, had to wait about 25 minutes. It's a pretty large operation with 2 dining rooms, service is fast. The character of Blue's Egg is "you can please everyone all of the time" and that, no doubt explains why it is so popular.

Chino, California
“Diverse, Unique & Full-Filling! Fantastic Breakfast Spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

We had flown in to Milwaukee on a red-eye flight and were desperate to find a good spot to eat. This place showed up on Yelp with 4 1/2 stars. It is pretty close to downtown so we hit it up. First thing we notice was the dessert case, an array of pastries & cookies..one cookie had bacon on it. Bacon?! On a cookie... all right this place is different.

The restaurant is bigger than you think, but there is still a long wait sometimes, it is worth it.

I always enjoy trying new spins on classic dishes, not just an everyday greasy spoon. Blue's does it right. Our server was friendly and enthusiastic, helpful with meun ideas & ready to serve us.

We started with a monkey bread appetizer (the size of a mini bundt cake). Tasty sweet cinnamon nuggets, then we got the various skillet style breakfasts. I got the Hoppel Poppel and asked for the very stuffed browns. Now the blues Browns are known for being crunchy & flavored but go for the stuffed browns, we got them with roasted mushroom, leeks & herbed creme fraiche (sorry no accent). Everyone liked their dishes, and we all went home with leftovers!

Huge portions, great service, and inventive menu. I was completely satisfied, of course for those of you not interested in adventurous eating, their menu covers all the common breakfast choices. My only regret was that we did not have enough time to come back again and again to try more items on the menu. Well done!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Long Beach, CA
“Wonderful service and incredible food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

It's nice to find a place that offers something different and Blue's is just that. While they have plenty of staples, they do make a twist like stuffed hash browns. Soo yummy! The quality is good and the service was excellent. It's the type of place you would want to take out of town guests. Highly recommended and would love to go back again.

Visited December 2012