“Nice small plates, interesting spot” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Coffee Shop, Contemporary, Eclectic
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Milwaukee
“Nice small plates, interesting spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

We went to INdustri Café before the theatre recently. We were pretty early for the crowds, so we were seated promptly. We decided to try some of the small plates and share them around. There was a decent choice and some interesting things. They had some specials that night as well, which we skipped. However, our server informed us that some of our choices were sold out. (Really? Early on a Saturday night?) The items we chose were not a disappointment at all. I had the "lamb lollipops", which were two nice lamb chops with the rib bone as the "stick". I don't honestly remember the specific items we had, but we agreed that they were all really interesting and tasty. The place started filling up as we dined, and we were finished easily in time for the performance at Next Act nearby.
I think we'd go back. One small point is that the prices for the small plates were not quite as small as they could have been, so you may wind up spending as much as you would for fewer larger plates. Other than that, it was an interesting spot.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Oshkosh, WI
“Stellar food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

This was my first visit for a pre-theater dinner. I started with a berry martini and on my server's suggestion, ordered the lobster hush puppies and cucumber sliders. Both were so flavorful, the lobster hush puppies with a corn relish and just enough heat for flavor yet not overwhelming. The cucumber sliders were fresh and crispy, with arugula and crema just enough to balance the flavors. Even though the restaurant was starting to fill up, I never felt hurried along, even as a solo diner at a 4-top. A refill on coffee was even offered after I said I was finished and ready for my check.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sheboygan, WI
“Fun Place for Small Plates”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We had dinner at INdustri Cafe before heading to the theater for a show and were very pleased. The small plates are very imaginatively prepared and presented with great flavors. One of the evening specials was more of an entree than a small plate. The only negative was that a large group had been seated just before us in the back room so the service was slow. We even had to wait for a menu because they were "all out" of them. We will definitely be back.

Visited October 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“INdustri-great experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

My husband and I had brunch here after a stay at the Iron Horse hotel. I had a delicious mimosa with freshly squeezed orange juice-fairly priced at $7. I ordered the savory crepes and my husband had some type of vanilla french toast. Both dishes were fantastic! Our server...I think his name was Chris...was friendly and knowledgeable about the menu and shared some information about their locally sourced ingredients. The music was great and the atmosphere was relaxing. A wonderful brunch experience.

TIp-it says at the bottom of the receipt that if you save it and return within 10 days you get 10% off during the next visit!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Well Above Average Walker's Point Eatery”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We've never been disappointed on previous dining experiences here, although our recent visit didn't quite measure up to the earlier. One can't go wrong with this choice. Food has always been exceptional. Small plates and burgers are featured on the comfort food menu, so those with lighter appetites might look elsewhere.

Visited September 2013