“Interesting if you have an hour free and in west Milwaukee” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Mitchell Park Horticultural Conservatory (The Domes)

Mitchell Park Horticultural Conservatory (The Domes)
524 S Layton Blvd, Milwaukee, WI 53215
(414) 257-5611
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #30 of 90 attractions in Milwaukee
Type: Gardens, Parks
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: The Conservatory's Arid Dome houses a fine collection of cacti; the Tropical Dome features plants from the rainforest and the Floral Show Dome hosts a number of changing themed blossom displays throughout the year.
Mt. Pleasant, SC
4 attraction reviews
“Interesting if you have an hour free and in west Milwaukee”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I went on a very cold morning in April and it was interesting but I would not go out of my way to visit again. The tropical dome was interesting but the others were more bland than expected.

Visited April 2013

Zionsville, Indiana
52 attraction reviews
“Nice place to enjoy nature”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We decided to go to the Domes on Sunday morning, hoping that it wouldn't be too crowded. We were correct, and got to enjoy the Domes in relative quiet and at our own leasuirely pace.
The three different Domes are unique and could be enjoyed by anyone who appreciates nature. It was easy to get around once we were inside, very clean, and well kept.

I would schedule about an hour from start to finish, and try to go during an off-peak time. The aisles are pretty narrow, and the Domes echo so I could imagine during busy times it would feel very clausterphobic. As we drove away, we discussed returning during the Christmas season.

Visited April 2013
Kenosha, Wisconsin, United States
13 attraction reviews
“Wasn't what I expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

It wasn't what I expected. I expected a lot bigger and more prettier things in each of the domes. Maybe it was the time of year that I went, but nothing was jaw dropping... I will say that the desert dome was probably thee best out of the three.

Visited March 2013
West Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Christmas Music Show”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

No place to sit SRO with no place to stand we left 15 min.before the show started, they were still selling tickets----STUPID

Visited December 2012
Sussex, Wisconsin
13 attraction reviews
“Great displays”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

This conservatory has 3 eco-systems with very interesting & spectacular plants in each area. We went at Christmas for the special display & it was great. If you're looking for a place to go when it is cold or bad weather outside, this place will brighten your spirits.