“Warning-Caution Advised” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Mitchell Park Horticultural Conservatory (The Domes)

Mitchell Park Horticultural Conservatory (The Domes)
524 S Layton Blvd, Milwaukee, WI 53215
(414) 257-5611
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #30 of 90 attractions in Milwaukee
Type: Gardens, Parks
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: The Conservatory's Arid Dome houses a fine collection of cacti; the Tropical Dome features plants from the rainforest and the Floral Show Dome hosts a number of changing themed blossom displays throughout the year.
Orland Park
“Warning-Caution Advised”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I need to say that the facility is great, and I have no problem with the inside of the Domes. The problem is that the first time I went there I should have been suspicious. I saw a lot of broken clear glass in the parking lot and security warning signs, but I let it go. The second time I went I discovered what this all meant, when more broken glass was added to the parking lot, from my own broken window. Remember that even though the Domes look peaceful, they are in a really rough area. Caution is advised when going there.

Visited November 2012

Surf City, North Carolina
7 attraction reviews
“Fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I have always enjoyed the Domes and recommend this trip to anyone spending time in Milwaukee. This is definitely a unique attraction for any city with the arid desert dome, rainforest dome and the seasonally decorated dome there is always something for people to see.

Visited December 2011
Milwaukee, Wi
13 attraction reviews
“Great Day-Out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Beautiful and interesting biospheres containing plant species of different climates. A surprisingly fun trip for all ages. Doesn't take long to get around the domes - but its great fun. Awesome photography potential.

Visited December 2011
Green Bay, WI
34 attraction reviews
“Peaceful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife, son (8), and I took a spur of the moment trip to Milwaukee. We hadn't been to the Domes in quite a while and the price was right, so we gave it a go. $20 or so for all three of us. The Show Dome had a neat Don Quixote theme, and we enjoyed reading all the signs telling the story. The Desert Dome had some interesting factoids also. The Tropical Dome was where we spent the most time, bird watching and seeing all the plants that contribute to our lives. It was fun to see all the things made from tropical plants.

Everything was very clean. The Domes are a little run down here and there. Lots of cracks visible in the domes themselves (visible from the inside anyway). The whole place could use a refurb, but that wouldn't stop us from going again.

Visited November 2012
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
32 attraction reviews
“mitchell park domes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

This is a wonderous abundance of plant life that gets changed several times of the year for the seasons. You can take a lot of pictures and the employees are very knowledgeable. You can also have functions, weddings, etc. here

Visited April 2012