“Great location and fantastic hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 53 Hotels in Milwaukee
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
Nashville, United States
“Great location and fantastic hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

The hotel staff is very helpful and courteous. Lobby and rooms are very nicely appointed. Bed is soooooooo comfortable!!!! Pool and hot tub are spotless, clean towels are put on the chairs, noodles and toys available for the kids. Free coffee, water and freshly baked blueberry bars in the lobby. Everything about this hotel is GREAT!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGIMilwaukeeAirport, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear Gale G.,

We really appreciate your excellent review of our staff and property. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our adjustable Sleep Garden System Beds, the family friendly pool area and the extra treats we offer our guests in the lobby. Our #1 Goal is to make sure you feel right at home and we hope to see you again very soon!

Sales Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

my wife and I stayed there during 4th of july not thinking that there would be kids there . and there was alot of them . we could not even use the pool . the room was too cold, and the bed was hard, fridge made a noise all night.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Patrick R.,

We really appreciate you sharing your honest and helpful feedback regarding your recent stay at our property. I sincerely apologize that your experience was not as enjoyable as expected. We proudly offer a 100% guarantee of satisfaction and I would love the opportunity to speak with you directly to try and make things right. I have included my direct line below. Please feel free to reach me at your convenience.

Regards,

414.837.2425
chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

This is the third time I have stayed at this property, and it is time I write a review regarding their awesomeness:)
The hotel is clean, convenient to the airport and just a great place to stay before a flight. I wish more hotels would have this type of hospitality that were closer to cities.
We checked in and Johnathan, the front desk agent was just fantastic. He asked where I wanted to stay and was flat out friendly.
My wife and I ate an appetizer at the bar and found it extremely tasty.
Yes, the beer prices are high, but it is a hotel, so I am used to it.
Shuttle was great, on time both to and from. Bob drove us back and was a very friendly driver.
Most drivers have no personality, Bob did.
It is $25 to park ( but you have up to 14 days to leave your car) so I think that is a pretty good deal as well.
We will definitely use this hotel when we leave out of MKE in the future. If you have any questions, please email me.Tdroth10@yahoo.com

Room Tip: I like to stay near the exit... and on the first floor
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello tdroth10,

First and foremost, we would like to send out a big THANK YOU for your continued loyalty! We also really appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback about our hotel. We are delighted you were able to enjoy the onsite restaurant and lounge and I'm glad the PARK-STAY & GO PACKAGE worked out well for you too. I will be sure to pass along your comments to Jonathan and Bob directly for their "flat out friendly service". This is exactly what we are aiming for! We look forward to seeing you again soon when your travels bring you our way.

Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Friendly staff. Big rooms (which is always a nice surprise for Europeans). Great value for money. Never mind the airport part of the name. Only 15 minutes from downtown Milwaukee. Never heard an airplane inside the hotel. Stayed for six nights, no complaints whatsoever. Good, inexpensive breakfast. The made to order omelette was perfect - one of the best I've had. Refrigerator in room, but no minibar (but you can get drinks from the bar). Free starbucks coffee near the reception. Nice. Free internet. Both cable and wi-fi. Ok speed, even for uploading big files. Would be happy to stay here again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
HGIMilwaukeeAirport, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear Jarle A.,

I can see you are a seasoned traveler and we truly appreciate your excellent review of our property. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your extended stay with us and your detailed feedback is much appreciated. We sincerely thank you for your business and hope to be your choice hotel when returning to the Milwaukee area.

Kind Regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

From the moment we checked in with Amanda, we knew this was going to be a special hotel--she was the perfect Hilton Ambassador --and what a great two day visit we had.
The hotel is beautiful and the rooms are so very comfortable and really quiet, being next to the airport.
Breakfast was a real bargain and everything was superb,
This is a wonderful hotel and I highly recommend it!!

Stayed June 2014
Dear James S.,

WOW! Thanks for the fantastic review of our staff and property. We are thrilled to hear Amanda made such a great first impression and that you found our guest rooms comfy and quiet. I will be sure to personally pass along your comments to the entire team. We truly appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon!

Clarendon Hills, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

The folks at this hotel were super helpful and friendly. The room was clean and spacious. The staff went out of their way to make sure I had the information I was looking for. Everyone was Wisconsin friendly!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Dear Clarhillskerry,

We really appreciate you sharing your feedback about your recent stay with us. We are delighted to hear you found our staff both helpful and friendly and our rooms spacious and clean! We hope to be your choice hotel when visiting the Milwaukee Area and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Blairsville, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Family of three needed two rooms for one night before flying from MKE to ATL the next day.

Arrived at the hotel mid afternoon (2:00 - prior to check in time of 3:00) and was warmly greeted by Johnathon at the front desk who told us one room was available now and the other would be shortly. So we went to our adult sons room to wait for our room to be ready. Not more than 30 minutes later our room was ready so we went to it.

We had a rental car and wanted to turn it in that afternoon to avoid having to do that in the AM before our early flight. Checked with the front desk at the hotel before driving the short distance to the airport to see how to contact them for the shuttle transportation for our return to the hotel. Returned the car, called the hotel for the shuttle and proceeded to the pick up area. Was told during the phone call that the shuttle "should" arrive within 10 minutes. Long story short - 40 minutes later and two more phone calls to the hotel the shuttle arrived. As soon as we entered the lobby area Johnathon came from behind the front desk apologizing for the delay. Very sincere apology and an offer to us for a free breakfast for all of us. We could not accept this nice offer as we were leaving the hotel in the AM very shortly after the breakfast service started. So Johnathon told me to see Chris at the front desk in the AM before we checked out and he would have a gift for us. The shuttle mix up was because the front desk did not notify the shuttle service that we were waiting. Totally forgivable and not a huge issue.

But .....................another hic up by the hotel and this one of a more serious matter. We went across the street (about 200 yards from the hotel) to a very old historic bar/restaurant and had a nice dinner of pizza. The restaurant had tons of character and very old pictures and two original cash registers from the late 1800's ...............and the pizza was good too.

I had made reservations directly with the hotel nine days before our arrival date after being told that yes, they did have a king mobility accessible room that did have a bathtub with an overhead shower AND a fold down shower seat. I know our needs and always reserve the type of room that we need. Well, the tub/shower did not have the fold down seat and we did not realize this (lesson learned by me is to check the room immediately before ever unpacking and settling in) until later in the evening. Too late to do anything about it then as we were getting up very very early in the AM and did not want to have to change rooms then. So made do with what we had but I was unhappy about the lack of what I knew I had reserved.

Down to the front desk early the next AM to see Chris and to check out and take the shuttle to the airport ......which the shuttle was very prompt and that was appreciated. Chris gave me an envelope which contained a gift certificate for a free one night stay with any of the Hilton Hotel affiliates. This was to ease the pain of the delayed shuttle van from the day before. When Chris did ask if everything else was okay I did tell him about not having the room type we had reserved. He, like Johnathon was the day before, very sincere with an apology. Back up to the room to get the rest of our family and then back down to the lobby to leave. Chris had printed out our receipts for the two rooms and he explained that we were only paying for one room as the hotel was not going to charge us for the room that did not have the shower seat. Way above and beyond exceptional sincere service for trying to smooth out the hotels mistakes.

This review is more about how these two young gentlemen (and the hotel policy) were so kind and generous in customer service. Thank you both sincerely.

The rooms we did have were both lovely, spotlessly clean and the Keurig coffee maker is an extra nice feature. Their was a wedding reception being held in the hotel the evening we were there but we were thoughtfully placed in rooms on a higher floor and away from the elevators. None of us experienced hearing any unnecessary noise during the night.

Yes, I would stay at this nice hotel again if we should have the need. Exceptional service to right some wrongs.

Room Tip: Rooms at the ends of the hall might be quieter because they are away from the elevator and you would...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear joy12Blairsville_GA,

First and foremost, thank you so much for your patience with regards to the several "hiccups" you experienced while staying at our property. We certainly never want to cause any type of inconvenience to our travelers and take pride in offering an efficient and relaxing experience. We truly appreciate you giving us the opportunity to make it right. I am very happy Jonathan and Chris were able to assist and I will be sure to personally pass along your comments to them directly. We look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Sales Manager

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Airport? Share your experiences!