“Great location for airport” 4 of 5 stars

Book now and save 25%
Ranked #2 of 53 Hotels in Milwaukee
GreenLeadersSilver level
Appleton, Wisconsin
“Great location for airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Enjoyed my stay here a night before an early flight out of MKE. The staff that checked me in was spectacular and the hotel was surprisingly quiet for being next to the airport. The only reason I gave this 'Very Good' was due to the fact Garden Inns have begun to use select your comfort beds. Seems like a great idea but I don't think the beds do anything when switching from soft to firm. They are also unbelievably hard even when the bed is set to the soft setting. Don't even thinking about jumping on these beds, you may sprain your ankle. If you enjoy rough beds then by all means this is the perfect spot for any travelers.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
HGIMilwaukeeAirport, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Dear mleslie89,

We really appreciate your honest-constructive feedback. Your mentioned how quite our property is, especially being 1/2 mile away from Mitchell International. Our property was constructed with extra soundproofing materials to avoid any guest or sound disturbances. It really has proven to be a benefit to our entire property.

I'm truly sorry that you did not find the Garden Sleep System Bed adequate for your comfort level. I will make sure to bring your concerns to the Brand's attention.

Respectfully,
Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for a wedding, and then flew out the next day. All areas of this hotel were exceptional (and I tend to be a harsh hotel critic!).

When we arrived, we noticed appetizers set up by the front desk for what appeared to be a complimentary happy hour. (We didn't partake in this, however, so I'm not sure if it was.) Upon checking in, we were asked which floor we preferred, and we took the first, since they said it would be convenient after the reception. The front desk staff was very hospitable and accommodating.

Our room was clean and comfortable. (Big plus for having a white duvet!) The bathroom had Neutrogena products and a glass shower stall. Our room also had a fridge, microwave, and Keurig coffee maker. All in all, very nice.

The reception was held in the banquet hall adjacent to the bar. Everything was lovely. Also, we didn't hear any noise in the halls after the reception ended, which hasn't always been the case in other hotels.

In the morning, we had a breakfast made to order which was part of our purchased package. (I had french toast with strawberries and whipped cream; omelettes, breakfast meats, and potatoes were also available. ) The corresponding buffet had delicious pastries and fresh fruit. Additionally, by the front desk was a self serve coffee kiosk with Starbucks coffee.

All in all, I would highly recommend this hotel. The shuttle took us to the airport the next morning, and it was very convenient.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Alliegirl2783,

Thank you for sharing your amazing weekend with us, we welcome all feedback and what an honor that we exceeded your expectations. We appreciate that you will highly recommend us to your friends and family, and we look forward to making their experience as wonderful as yours.

Best Regards,
Cotopaxi, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

This review is for the Milwaukee Airport location. We stayed here after a late flight since it was close to the airport. Quick check in and helpful desk staff who recognized my Hilton rewards registration. The hotel has a couple freezers of microwaveable food next to the desk, probably the best you can do at 1 am. The desk person suggested we take the silverware from the breakfast area, which was forward thinking on his part.

The room was excellent, almost brand new. Even though you are near the airport, you can’t hear any of the noise. The bed was comfortable, we slept very well. The only thing to be aware of is that this location does not offer a free breakfast, but since the room price was excellent, I am still giving it five dots for value. We didn’t try the business center or pool so we can’t comment. Overall, excellent experience. We will stay again the next time we go to Milwaukee.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
HGIMilwaukeeAirport, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Dear bssc,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience. First of all, your loyalty means everything and your feedback is very valuable on all levels. Our special property as you noticed was built 4 years ago and extra soundproofing materials where implemented during construction to guarantee our guest a wonderful, restful night sleep. I want to mention we do offer Bed & Breakfast Packages online or please ask our guest service agents when making your next reservation. Looking forward to having you back in the near future.

All our best,
Fox Lake, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Our VDD/GNA dog group had our National Meeting here this past weekend and the service and hospitality was the best. The people went out of their way to be courteous to us and our dogs. This was the most friendly and enjoyable stay that I have experienced anywhere. The service was great the food was excellent and I highly recommend this fine place. Beds were the best ever, and housecleaning does an excellent job

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Kalamazoo, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Tripadvisor's high marks for this Milwaukee gem brought my wife, daughter and son-in-law and I to the doors of this great hotel to enjoy a weekend in Milwaukee. What makes this Hotel great is not the well appointed rooms, the spacious and comfortable communal-style renovated lobby, the comfortable bedding, etc.... but the exceptional Hospitality and the energetic, friendly, caring staff! They completely understand that it matters more how you make people feel....well, we all felt home and part of this great group. One could spend a great more and receive far less experience at many great hotels but we are fans of this well managed and thoughtful crew and their hotel. They go the extra mile. We'll be back. So should you.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
HGIMilwaukeeAirport, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Dear Scott K,

WOW! - your review has touched my heart, you captured all the values we strive on each and everyday with our team. Its so rewarding that you and your family felt truly at "Home". This will always be our main objective and we take pride in sharing this culture with all who walk through our doors. Thank you again for your incredible description of your stay. Please ask for me next time you visit, I would like to say "thank you" in person.

Kindest Regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

This property is done very well. From the shuttle pick up at the airport to the great dinner and breakfast it was very good. The staff really help make this place a great place to stay. The room was quiet and clean. The fan could run constantly if needed and everything worked from the wifi to the amenities. Thanks again and I'll be back!

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Dear Albyfli,

Your "great stay" means so much to our team! I will share this great review to remind the staff that all our dedication to customer service is noticed and guest appreciate even the smallest details. Please visit us again soon.

Respectfully,
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

I enjoyed our stay very much at the hotel. I especially liked the firepit outdoor area. I was not informed that the continental breakfast was not free and was disappointed when I was informed otherwise. I really liked the starbucks station in the lobby. Room service was excellent and the food delicious although the portions were a little too big. All and all a great experience and will probably stay there again. I saw some wonderful paintings in the room and inquired about the artist so I could purchase a print but really did not get good info on the artist. Thanks

Room Tip: The room on the lower floor near the exit was very convenient.