“Dont let the bad reviews scare you.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #49 of 53 Hotels in Milwaukee
Wisconsin
“Dont let the bad reviews scare you.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

who ever reviewed this hotel as terrible, don't know what terrible is. There were 14 of my family that checked in to this hotel as we were looking for a budget hotel to stay at after a Sat. night brewer game, there wasn't one of us that thought this was a bad hotel. Hotel staff were very friendly the rooms were big and rooms clean, the pool was warmer than any other pool I've been in. Was a very simple breakfast, but this is to be expected at a Budget hotel. If You want a little nicer hotel you could stay next door for double the price.
Over all this was a nice hotel and will stay again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Racine, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

I made a reservation at this hotel because it had a pool. I called in advance before I booked; the manager assured me that the pool was open. When I arrived at the hotel I noticed the pool was closed, when I asked the Female manager about the pool she proceeded to yell at me. Telling me I have an attitude and I need to leave her hotel immediately. This went on for 15 minutes, she was yelling at not only me but to the guests I arrived with telling them I needed to drop the attitude but I’m not allowed at the hotel. Before I could say anything she yelled she would not be refunding my money, this was 15 minutes after check-in. I have never been so disrespected; she is very unprofessional and should not be working at this hotel. She also makes comments about Hispanic people who cannot understand her and will hover over you while you eat your breakfast making sure you don’t eat too much apparently. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone as long as she is working there.

Room Tip: do not stay on first floor , there is a banquet room and halls are loud throughout the night.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Lehigh Acres
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Though there were no loud parties on my stay, at least I didnt hear any,
there was loud talking and conversations in the hall.
The room smelled and was dirty, towels stained and bathroom was filthy.
Although I was only there for a few hours, from about 3:00 am to 7:30 am,
I was totally grossed out.
The beds were unconfortable and hard, with cigarette burns in blankets on both beds.
Also there several shady characters outside and front and back doors were wide open,
so much for security !

Room Tip: Find another hotel !
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Greendale, Wisconsin, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

The worst motel experience we ever experienced. There was no hot water and when management was notified nothing was done. Stains were all over carpeting. The initial room was uninhabitable because numerous fans were blowing an awful stench out of the room. Weird characters were hanging around and no parking was available on the last day we stayed.

Room Tip: Keep away from this Rodeway
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Bemidji, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Pleasant staff, BUT, we were there on a weekend and they regularly rent out their basement to parties on weekends. We have several small children and heard loud music half-way through the night - and we were on 3rd floor - actually my wife felt the floor shaking. In addition there was no parking available and this isn't the safest place of Milwaukee. If you're planning on staying for the weekend, spend more and go elsewhere.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Edwardsville, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We stayed at Rodeway for 2 nights..(Friday and Saturday nights). Though Rodeway is not a fancy motel, it offered us the simple amenities needed for a stay. Our room was large and had a refrigerator, microwave, and ironing board/iron. My bed was soft to my taste, but it was OK. It has easy access on/off the interstate. The breakfast was fair and the gentleman working mornings was helpful in trying to meet your needs. With all that being said, I was upset by a wedding reception/dance that was held in their basement on Saturday night. The band was LOUD, could be heard through the hallways, and in our room. When I asked when the band would stop, I was told midnight. Not an apology, ...nothing. When I asked about a different room where the band could not be heard, I was told they would check and call me. That never happened. I never heard from them...and the band played on. My opinion of the motel changed greatly with that night's experience.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Green Bay
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

I stayed at the Rodeway Inn from the 26th of March thru the 30th. My mother had heart surgery and my sister stayed here earlier so she could be with her. She told me that Rodeway gives discounts for families with family members in the hospital.
The rooms were spacious with two double beds,fridge and microwave. Its not the ritz carlton and its not a roadside musty smelling motel neither. This is a hotel that gives you a good room at a fair price.
It also has a indoor pool that has a 9ft. deep end. Not many hotels have that anymore. Unfortunately I did not get time to swim even though I brought my suit. The desk manager did tell me to take a dip before I left if I wanted to. I politely said no, I have to go see my mother in the hospital before I leave.
The breakfast room is small and the coffee strong! There are so many eating places nearby, that its not a big deal.
Some reviews voiced complaints which may be true, but I did not feel unsafe or worry about my car. You are in a big city of 594,000 so things can happen.
If you are looking for value and comfort, this just might be the place for your stay.
If you find my review helpful I would appreciate your vote. Thank you!

Gerry Brix

Room Tip: I checked ave. for fitness center, but it does not have one that I am aware of. I could not erase i...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Been to Rodeway Inn & Suites Milwaukee? Share your experiences!