“And the band played on...” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #37 of 52 Hotels in Milwaukee
Edwardsville, Illinois
“And the band played on...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We stayed at Rodeway for 2 nights..(Friday and Saturday nights). Though Rodeway is not a fancy motel, it offered us the simple amenities needed for a stay. Our room was large and had a refrigerator, microwave, and ironing board/iron. My bed was soft to my taste, but it was OK. It has easy access on/off the interstate. The breakfast was fair and the gentleman working mornings was helpful in trying to meet your needs. With all that being said, I was upset by a wedding reception/dance that was held in their basement on Saturday night. The band was LOUD, could be heard through the hallways, and in our room. When I asked when the band would stop, I was told midnight. Not an apology, ...nothing. When I asked about a different room where the band could not be heard, I was told they would check and call me. That never happened. I never heard from them...and the band played on. My opinion of the motel changed greatly with that night's experience.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Green Bay
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

I stayed at the Rodeway Inn from the 26th of March thru the 30th. My mother had heart surgery and my sister stayed here earlier so she could be with her. She told me that Rodeway gives discounts for families with family members in the hospital.
The rooms were spacious with two double beds,fridge and microwave. Its not the ritz carlton and its not a roadside musty smelling motel neither. This is a hotel that gives you a good room at a fair price.
It also has a indoor pool that has a 9ft. deep end. Not many hotels have that anymore. Unfortunately I did not get time to swim even though I brought my suit. The desk manager did tell me to take a dip before I left if I wanted to. I politely said no, I have to go see my mother in the hospital before I leave.
The breakfast room is small and the coffee strong! There are so many eating places nearby, that its not a big deal.
Some reviews voiced complaints which may be true, but I did not feel unsafe or worry about my car. You are in a big city of 594,000 so things can happen.
If you are looking for value and comfort, this just might be the place for your stay.
If you find my review helpful I would appreciate your vote. Thank you!

Gerry Brix

Room Tip: I checked ave. for fitness center, but it does not have one that I am aware of. I could not erase i...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Sacramento, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Reading over the awful reviews didn't deter me from seeing for myself. And as I expected, some of the reviews were over exaggerated. The Rooms were very Spacious and clean. Some of the furniture could of been updated. But overall the rates for a nights stay, You cant beat. The staff was friendly and helpful their names were Tulika & Sonya! Thank you. The foyer to the Hotel is remodeled, and the decor was marvelous.The online photos does not do this Hotel justice my advice, always see for yourself,some bad reviews may be personal at times. If your in Milwaukee and your looking for a stay to fit your budget...This way to the Rodeway...TSB916

Room Tip: The 3rd floor is very quiet and grand.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

this hotel shall i say motel was the worst stay ever the lady at front desk was rude very unreasonable racist...rooms were dirty had to unstop the room toliet myself...then time for bed...i was eaten alive by bed bugs...worst day ever...the 1st room we went into had very foul odor....do yourself a favor and don't go there

• Stayed May 2013
Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

The rooms were okay. The breakfast room was nasty. The service was quite friendly. But overnight the catalytic converter was sawed off the bottom of our van. We were then stuck in Milwaukee. They have no security or cameras.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

This is not a 5star motel, however for just over $50,a night (including taxes) for a double queen room with a refrigerator and microwave it was a great deal. The room was very clean and I really can find little to complain about. Sure for another $40 a night we could have a place with a hot breakfast, but I was able to get a good breakfast for much less than this near the motel. I would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Only stayed in one room so I can not give much in the way of hints, we were on the street side but t...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Warrenville, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed at the Rodeway in on 27th St in Milwaukee the 29th-31st of December, 2012. It was my birthday and we went to see some friends in Milwaukee. We got a King room with Jacuzzi in the room. It was very clean and comfortable. Nice pool area and continental breakfast. Close to many restaurants, movies and shopping

Room Tip: King room with jacuzzi was great
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends