“Fun, Funky and Friendly........” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #30 of 53 Hotels in Milwaukee
Wisconsin
“Fun, Funky and Friendly........”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2010

I stayed at this facility with an 18 year old daughter, and two 14 year old daughters. I cannot say enough positive things about this facility. The hotel itself is very hip, modern, and inviting. The public lounge/living areas are extremely comfortable and draw you to them. I found it to be extremely fantastic to have an area in the hotel which was outside the room where you could sit, read, work on your laptop and just watch the people go by. The gym/pool area being open 24/7 was a huge plus. There was a large outdoor courtyard with comfortable seating areas. The fireplace that was in the bar lounge area opened to the outside as well, so there was a warm place to sit, even in the cold of the night! The staff was, at all times, pleasant and helpful, from the main desk personnel, to the bar/lounge employees, to the maintenence, security and housekeeping staff- all were wonderful, all the time. The location of the facility was absolutely prime! The hotel is right on the river, which is of two benefits: most (I assume) of the rooms, have some river view, and being right on the Milwaukee Riverwalk is an amazing plus. If you travel on the riverwalk south, you wind up downtown, with all that downtown has to offer.....shopping, bars, lounges etc. The walk along the river is incredible. When youre done, you travel the walk back to the north and youre at home....it leads you right to Aloft's back door! The rooms themselves are amazing with the arrangement and incredibly unique decor. The fixtures in the bathroom are outstanding. Even the hallways and the elevators (when youre in the elevator, look down and step around on the pads) amaze. Bravo, Aloft!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Dallas, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2010

We were excited to stay at the Aloft in Milwaukee -- a brand new concept, great location to downtown and an excellent rate. But looks are deceiving. Unfortunately the hotel was so poorly constructed that the floors shake when you walk down the hall. Then you hear the party above you and folks racing/walking in the hall. The rooms are very small and not very private. All this means noise and its just not worth it.

I love brand new hotels, but unfortunately I cannot recommend Aloft Milwaukee and won't be returning.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Milwaukee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2010

I went for a cocktail after hearing great reviews from friends. The lounge was not what I expected. It was extremely small, we wanted to sit at the bar but it was so small, the seats were all full. The lounge area seemed like we were sitting in an oversize playhouse. Right next to to lounge is a pool table, so there were children everywhere. I thought the hotel is geared for adults so I was not expecting this at all. I have to say, it's not the atmosphere for me.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2010 via mobile

I found this hotel via kayak not knowing anything about the brand, but looking for a under $100 hotel. I was able to get a king room for $75.

I was not told that parking was not included until I arrived and was met with an outrageous $23 fee. Give me a break, this is Wisconsin. I live in NYC, you can even find parking there. Chicago, LA no problem. I was not going to accept it. 3 members of the staff flat out lied and said I couldn't self park overnight per city rules and would be towed. I drove around and got the same "full" line as others from parking lot across the street. After exiting I found a spot across the street at a meter, called the police and was told 100% I could park overnight without a problem. In fact you can do it any night with special permission (log into the city's parking website and get the number to call). $23 saved! I hate being lied to and corporate will hear about it.

I get what this hotel is trying to be, but like other perhaps I've seen too much of the world to buy it. Hotel is like a refined youth hostel, not a W for the younger set. A bit chessy, but hey if the kids like it and are wiling to pay, who am I to care?

Would not recommend this for anyone who doesn't have a very good sense of humor.

• Stayed March 2010
Chicago, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2010

Bottom line-we didn't sleep. There was a party going on in the lobby and all night in the hallways and in every room on our floor. The staff definitely helped out with the noise by coming up once in awhile, but overall it really is a party atmosphere. Even if there weren't a spring break party, i feel the walls are so thin-we'd have trouble sleeping any night. Outside in the center of the hotel is an outside bar with a fireplace and couches so we heard that too. I could hear someone say "shhhh" in the hallway.

there are some positives I want to point out-very cool refuel snack bar downstairs if you ge the munchies-yogurt, pastries, lean cuisines, popcorn...Also, if you are traveling with a kid ask for the camp loft package. It is complimentary and it is a bag with a game and a blow up mattress. My son loved that.

so, go to aloft if you are looking for a funky, fresh, LOUD, atmosphere....go to the intercontinental or the Pfister if you want all the amenities of a restaurant and peace.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Dallas, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2010

The Aloft in Downtown Milwaukee is perfectly located in the Old downtown area on the Riverwalk; it made me think about going to Summer Fest again this year, is really close to all the action, with easy access to all major freeways.
The hotel décor is modern and very chic, the bar area and lounge are always busy because they are comfy and accommodating.
We had a double bed room with view to the riverwalk that allow me to take great pictures of the downtown buildings. The beds are big and comfortable, the sheets and pillows soft. The huge HDTV in the middle of the room is nice. The size of the room felt small but it might be the way the room is arranged, with a huge wall separating the bathroom and beds. The FREE Wi-Fi is a big plus!
I am not giving this hotel a higher rating because of a couple of let downs: first, I was disappointed that they don’t offer bathrubs mine is really big for me to packed and I could have use one. Second: the indoor pool is located in the opposite side of the elevators, I had to walk through the bar/lounge area wearing my bathing suit and a towel, I felt like people were staring me down for this reason. Given that their bar is also a place for locals to hang out and not only hotel guests, I could hear what some patrons have to say about me when they saw me in a bathing suit.
There is a 23.00 valet parking fee and also breakfast options like muffins, coffee, juice, etc. Beware, they aren’t free…
The W hotels have spoiled me by giving me above and beyond service in their hotels, I was expecting the same from Aloft but I wasn’t impress by their service.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2010

Just returned from a trip up to Milwaukee to see the Dead Sea Scrolls. The Aloft Hotel has been opened just a few short months---still a few bugs to be worked out (namely parking) but you can't beat the location. It is a fun atmosphere with nice common areas. It is close to all the action! The manager, Rebecca Grennier, is one of the most thorough and competent persons we've ever run across. Things sometimes do go wrong, even with all the planning in the world, but it's what you do in the face of mishaps. We had a wonderful stay and will be back again.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Aloft Milwaukee Downtown? Share your experiences!